FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
Mar 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #1,008 of 1,271
Slightly OT but relevent none the less. I was actually looking for an E11 support thread and could not find anything fairly current.

So I figured I'd play "Ask the Tachikoma" :)

My E11 has decided to do a pop pop pop act when the battery is near to depleted. Never did this before and usually I would associate it with a bad cap but it does not exhibit during full charge playback (You can tell this as the little blue light flicks on and off in rhythym to the pop). Is this a failure of some sort? Perhaps an end of life message for the battery itself.

Thanks in advance for any info.

May 4, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #1,010 of 1,271
Hi all!

As the saying goes: long time lurker, first post.

I have had an E11 for a few weeks (using it with a new iPod Classic and Shure 215s). This morning, I went to use the E11, but due to leaving it on overnight (no music) the battery was flat. No problem there. However, I plugged the 215s into the iPod headphone out to listen anyway, and I feel the sound is better. I can hear more detail, and there seems to be less background noise (using Fiio right angle LOD). I'm not a sound expert, but the soundstage seems wider (or I might be confusing something else with what I'm hearing).

Anyway, I know we all want the toys we buy to be an improvement, but has anyone else noticed this?

Or maybe there is more treble; I seem to remember some reviews saying the E11 was "dark" - maybe that is what I'm hearing. Who knows.

May 4, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #1,011 of 1,271
Quote:
Hi all!

As the saying goes: long time lurker, first post.

I have had an E11 for a few weeks (using it with a new iPod Classic and Shure 215s). This morning, I went to use the E11, but due to leaving it on overnight (no music) the battery was flat. No problem there. However, I plugged the 215s into the iPod headphone out to listen anyway, and I feel the sound is better. I can hear more detail, and there seems to be less background noise (using Fiio right angle LOD). I'm not a sound expert, but the soundstage seems wider (or I might be confusing something else with what I'm hearing).

Anyway, I know we all want the toys we buy to be an improvement, but has anyone else noticed this?

Or maybe there is more treble; I seem to remember some reviews saying the E11 was "dark" - maybe that is what I'm hearing. Who knows.

For the money I think the E11 is solid.  Play with the internal output and external gain to get more benefits out of the amp. I think the sound improvement you see has been consistent with my experience.

May 6, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #1,012 of 1,271
Well I guess its time to sale my E11 now that I have the C&C BH which kills the E11 in build quality and SQ.  Now the new E12 might be pretty good but I doubt its any better than the C&C BH.  It was a nice little amp for $50 and improved SQ with some IEM's but now my SM3 sound like a totally different IEM in such a good way with the BH.

+1

Selling mine too, no point keeping it. It hasn't had any use since I bought the BH.

Lol

May 11, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #1,013 of 1,271
Just got one, is it normal that there is no interconnect cable neither a something to keep it with the player?????

May 11, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #1,016 of 1,271
May 11, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #1,018 of 1,271
May 11, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #1,020 of 1,271
I find the fiio E6 to be on the slightly bright side of neutral. My guess is that the E11 is similar?

If so, I may be looking for a more neutral amp for use with a pair of grado's. Does the C&C fit the bill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back