FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
Feb 6, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #991 of 1,271
Well I guess its time to sale my E11 now that I have the C&C BH which kills the E11 in build quality and SQ.  Now the new E12 might be pretty good but I doubt its any better than the C&C BH.  It was a nice little amp for $50 and improved SQ with some IEM's but now my SM3 sound like a totally different IEM in such a good way with the BH.

Feb 18, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #992 of 1,271
my e11 just stopped working on one channel (left I think).... wiggling the connectors it seems it's the IN socket.  What can I do fix this?  If someone knows the parts etc I would be happy to fix and solder etc...  with the updates they are making can I send in for them or get parts maybe??

Thanks!

Feb 19, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #993 of 1,271
Quote:
my e11 just stopped working on one channel (left I think).... wiggling the connectors it seems it's the IN socket.  What can I do fix this?  If someone knows the parts etc I would be happy to fix and solder etc...  with the updates they are making can I send in for them or get parts maybe??

Thanks!

Try writing to FiiO support. :wink:

http://www.fiio.com.cn/support/contact.aspx

Mar 6, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #994 of 1,271
I recently acquired a FiiO E11 but I'm not quite sure if my settings are proper for my gear.

Source: SE Xperia Ray / Iphone 4s / PC + HifiMeDIY Sabre DAC
Headphone: Sony MDR1r / I'm also planning to get the ATH ES700 soon...

IEM: Sony XBA 3 / Sony MH1c / ATH CKN70

My current settings are:
EQ = 0
Gain = 1
Voltage = Low

Can someone please guide me when it is best to set the voltage to HIGH or LOW?
Should my source be set at full volume?

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #995 of 1,271
Quote:
I recently acquired a FiiO E11 but I'm not quite sure if my settings are proper for my gear.

My current settings are:
EQ = 0
Gain = 1
Voltage = Low

The C&C BH portable amp is much much better than the E11 which sound a lot darker than the more flat and balanced C&C BH, I think its the best $100 and under portable amp you can get hands down.

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #996 of 1,271
Quote:

My current settings are:
EQ = 0
Gain = 1
Voltage = Low

Set the voltage to high and adjust your gain and bass when needed. If low gain doesn't give you enough volume than turn it up, same with bass.

Quote:

The C&C BH portable amp is much much better than the E11 which sound a lot darker than the more flat and balanced C&C BH, I think its the best $100 and under portable amp you can get hands down.

Lol, talk about totally ignoring someone's question. You didn't even attempt to answer his question.

Mar 6, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #997 of 1,271
Quote:

Quote:

Lol, talk about totally ignoring someone's question. You didn't even attempt to answer his question.

Yup, the C&C hype train is in the house!
But this is the E11 thread, after all....(says someone happy with their E11)

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #998 of 1,271
Quote:
Set the voltage to high and adjust your gain and bass when needed. If low gain doesn't give you enough volume than turn it up, same with bass.

Thanks for the tip! I guess Low Voltage is enough for all my cans since I do get really decent volume from all of them at that setting.
I just wish that FiiO's manual included at least a short list of recommended Headphone/Earphone vs High/Low Voltage. That way it gives us an idea when to utilise High Voltage.

What about my source? Should it be set at full volume?

Mar 9, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #999 of 1,271
Quote:

Thanks for the tip! I guess Low Voltage is enough for all my cans since I do get really decent volume from all of them at that setting.
I just wish that FiiO's manual included at least a short list of recommended Headphone/Earphone vs High/Low Voltage. That way it gives us an idea when to utilise High Voltage.

What about my source? Should it be set at full volume?

IME under 100 ohm HPs like low gain. Above 250 ohm high. High gain is more power,more volume,so keep in mind the higher the gain,the more the distortion on lower impedance cans. As for the source you need a line out dock. You'll get louder,better,cleaner sound. Fiio makes em and they're around 10 bones. Only drawback is they only have em for ipods and walkmans so far. When not using a line out dock you're essentially double amping. But just play around with the settings and whatever sounds best to you is the proper setting 
L3000.gif

Regards,
Mop

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #1,000 of 1,271
Just purchased the E11 to complement my Grado SR80i and Sony V6 headphones.  I also have the line level adapter for my various Apple devices (definitely a MUST).  So far, I am really loving the amp.  The E11 case seems very fragile and looks like it will get dented up/scratched easily.  Anyone come up with something to protect the case or is it not necessary?  

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #1,001 of 1,271
Quote:
Just purchased the E11 to complement my Grado SR80i and Sony V6 headphones.  I also have the line level adapter for my various Apple devices (definitely a MUST).  So far, I am really loving the amp.  The E11 case seems very fragile and looks like it will get dented up/scratched easily.  Anyone come up with something to protect the case or is it not necessary?  

Anyone using the included "rubber feet" on their E11?  Where did you place them?

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #1,002 of 1,271
Quote:

i agree it feels fragile, but so far my e11 has held up nicely. no scratches, no dents... its sturdier than it looks/feels.

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #1,003 of 1,271
Hello guys,

I just ordered the V-Moda Crossfade M-100 and although I got the idea that these headphones can do a good job unamped, 
I read some reviews saying they are way better amped. 
I have never owned or even used an amplifier and to be honest I still don't know if I'm totally convinced it's not only for amplifying and all the rest is bs.

But, since I'm on a roll already, was thinking to get me one of these, as it is in the right price and the right size.

So in a nutshell, what can the E-11 offer me and can I use it, say, with my laptop and not only on the go? 
Plus, should I first see how the headphones work for me, without an amp, so I can make a more informed decision? 

Appreciate it.
beerchug.gif

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #1,004 of 1,271
Quote:
Hello guys,

I just ordered the V-Moda Crossfade M-100 and although I got the idea that these headphones can do a good job unamped, 
I read some reviews saying they are way better amped. 
I have never owned or even used an amplifier and to be honest I still don't know if I'm totally convinced it's not only for amplifying and all the rest is bs.

But, since I'm on a roll already, was thinking to get me one of these, as it is in the right price and the right size.

So in a nutshell, what can the E-11 offer me and can I use it, say, with my laptop and not only on the go? 
Plus, should I first see how the headphones work for me, without an amp, so I can make a more informed decision? 

Appreciate it.
beerchug.gif

If you're looking to use an amplifier with your laptop you'll most likely want to get something that's a DAC as well as an amp. This will plug in via the USB port on your laptop to bypass the internal sound card and give you cleaner sound. Take a look at the FiiO E07K. I think that will better suit your situation.

Mar 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #1,005 of 1,271
Quote:
If you're looking to use an amplifier with your laptop you'll most likely want to get something that's a DAC as well as an amp. This will plug in via the USB port on your laptop to bypass the internal sound card and give you cleaner sound. Take a look at the FiiO E07K. I think that will better suit your situation.

ahh.. 
Yeah I further looked into it and I guess this will be it, the E07k.

Thanks man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back