FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
Jul 6, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #647 of 1,271
Quote:
I think it's setup to do that before bottoming out so actually good for the battery. I thought Clieos said something to that effect but I'm not certain it was him and don't want to misquote.

The protective circuit in the battery will automatically cutoff when the voltage is too low in order to protect the battery from over-draining (which will kill the battery). I don't advice anyone to fully drain the battery every times as you will still run the risk of a run-away battery (the battery overreacts and drains itself even after the protection circuit kicks in). For anyone that hates recharging, just get a spare battery with larger capacitance. A BL-5B charger is also quite cheap.

Jul 9, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #651 of 1,271
so mine came about week ago...
i ordered it for my sflo2 and triple.fi hp - not realy need an amp but i was seeking the improvement in dynamics and soundstage. these are both nicely improved by e11 but i noticed pretty annoying sibilances...
anyone has this onservation too?

Jul 10, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #654 of 1,271
unfortunately no change regarding the issue
tried power/gain switches, different sources, even a mystical burn-in (30h+)
still annoying sibilances if e11 plays bit loud - i guess mine is not capable to play loud. i am not saying ridicolously loud just bit louder than normal listening

Jul 10, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #656 of 1,271

Quote:
unfortunately no change regarding the issue
tried power/gain switches, different sources, even a mystical burn-in (30h+)
still annoying sibilances if e11 plays bit loud - i guess mine is not capable to play loud. i am not saying ridicolously loud just bit louder than normal listening

I have that exact same setup as your. First of, the treble on headphone-out is a bit roll off at the top by design. The line-out is flat, so you might perceive an increase of treble when using the line-out signal. Second, I didn't notice any sibilance on either headphone-out or line-out + E11. TF10 has a little sibilance on its own, but I fix that with using foam tips.

Quote:
I don't know the s-flo but try the headphone out. It's possible that it's own amp is compensating for the sibilance before it. By putting it's own amp back in line, you can determine if the Fiio is the culprit or not. Sibilant is not a normal characteristic of the E11.

Jul 10, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #657 of 1,271
clieos
you said the e11 drives the pk1 and re262 easily, both 150ohms
then can we say it runs the ok1 too?
have you tried it with a higher impedance ear/headphones? if so, what is the maximum?

Jul 10, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #658 of 1,271

Quote:
clieos
you said the e11 drives the pk1 and re262 easily, both 150ohms
then can we say it runs the ok1 too?
have you tried it with a higher impedance ear/headphones? if so, what is the maximum?

I don't see why it won't drive OK1. I don't have anything higher than 150ohm in my collection.

Jul 10, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #659 of 1,271
It drives with ease my DT880/600 Ohm
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back