FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
Jun 20, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #631 of 1,271
Hey does the FiiO e11 drain the battery power of your DAP pretty fast?

I was in class for 2 hours and turned off my iphone and amp, but when i checked after class my iphone power went from 94% to 85% without me even using it. O_o
I been making sure that I stop the music and turn off the amp when I don't use it, so is this normal? I know that normally my iphone doesn't drain that fast without usage. 

Maybe I should disconnect the LOD from now on.  

Jun 20, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #632 of 1,271

Quote:
Hey does the FiiO e11 drain the battery power of your DAP pretty fast?

I was in class for 2 hours and turned off my iphone and amp, but when i checked after class my iphone power went from 94% to 85% without me even using it. O_o
I been making sure that I stop the music and turn off the amp when I don't use it, so is this normal? I know that normally my iphone doesn't drain that fast without usage. 

Maybe I should disconnect the LOD from now on.  

No, E11 (or any amp for that matter) doesn't drain your iPhone battery, not to mention a typical LOD doesn't have any connection between the amp and the iPhone beside left/right/ground channel for audio. I would suspect the LOD must have trigger some weird response on the iPhone since it senses there is a connection on the line-out.

Jun 21, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #633 of 1,271
Yeah I think that's it. Even with the amp off (volume turned to 0), the iphone still recognizes the LOD and the volume control on the iphone is still disabled. Also the power drains inconsistently with the LOD plugged in. Sometimes it drains at a normal rate and other times pretty rapidly.

I know my iphone can last a while since I remember my iphone was at 100% when I went to sleep and was 99% when I woke up.

I guess ill try disconnecting the LOD from now on and see what happens.

Quote:
No, E11 (or any amp for that matter) doesn't drain your iPhone battery, not to mention a typical LOD doesn't have any connection between the amp and the iPhone beside left/right/ground channel for audio. I would suspect the LOD must have trigger some weird response on the iPhone since it senses there is a connection on the line-out.

Jun 29, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #634 of 1,271
Hi i have just got the e11 today and i am very impressed so far. I'm using an iphone 4 and Sennheiser ie8's. At the moment i just have the 3.5mm jack hooked up that come with the e11. I have ordered the L3 lod cable and i was wondering what kind of difference does it make to the sq?

Thanks!

Jul 2, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #636 of 1,271

Quote:
hi im thinking about getting the beyerdynamic dt770 250ohms and i was wondering if i got the e11 would that be enough juice for them?

Yep...he's got enough juice for the DT880 600 ohm so the 770 shouldn't be a problem.

I got my E11 yesterday btw. For anyone who is planning on using it with customs: be aware. The hissing is pretty loud with my JH5s. I wouldn't call it a good choice for sensitive IEMs (although it's a really great amp for its price). But that's OK for me, i mainly wanted it for driving my K701 with a Dr. DAC nano when I'm on the road with my laptop.

Jul 2, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #637 of 1,271
hello
does anyone know if the e11 can take max power from the yuin ok1 ? they have the same impeadance as the pk1 , 150, but even though i heard they're harder to drive than the pk1
thanks

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:44 AM Post #639 of 1,271
Just got one today, my FA-003's have came alive with genres I'd normally swap headphones for, beautiful
redface.gif

Jul 6, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #640 of 1,271
I also got one today! Using the L9 too.
And wow, it drives the K701 effortlessly (as in, if I turn the volume up more than 50% it blows my skull off) and sounds absolutely fantastic! It was worth every cent.
Now I'm waiting for my GR07
biggrin.gif
god damn shipping is taking forever.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 6, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #642 of 1,271
I can hear a small amount of hissing with my 1964Q. It's noticeable but also bearable. Is a visible indicator on the E11 when battery power is running low?

Jul 6, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #643 of 1,271

Quote:
I also got one today! Using the L9 too.
And wow, it drives the K701 effortlessly (as in, if I turn the volume up more than 50% it blows my skull off) and sounds absolutely fantastic! It was worth every cent.
Now I'm waiting for my GR07
biggrin.gif
god damn shipping is taking forever.
rolleyes.gif

Ha, seems we have similar tastes, I ordered the GR07's on Saturday!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back