FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
Jan 20, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #1,128 of 1,271
By Tim - 20 Jan 2014

I brought this with no knowledge that portable headphone amps even existed. All i knew was i had a pair of decent headphones and my phone wasnt providing enough power to drive the full potential out of them. All i can say is after hooking this up to my v moda m100s it pretty much doubled the volume and bass. On full volume and bass level 2 it felt like i had a couple of sub woofers strapped to my head and i could even feel the vibrations and air moving and as a bass head i obviously loved this. I do however appreciate this feature will not appeal to most 'normal' people. If u switch the EQ to zero and gain to Lo and set the volume to a comfortable setting i noticed the sound quality had definitely improved and of course the volume was capable of increasing to a much louder setting. Overall i was very happy with my purchase and am pleased i can now get greater performance out of my headphones.

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #1,129 of 1,271
By Tim - 20 Jan 2014

I brought this with no knowledge that portable headphone amps even existed. All i knew was i had a pair of decent headphones and my phone wasnt providing enough power to drive the full potential out of them. All i can say is after hooking this up to my v moda m100s it pretty much doubled the volume and bass. On full volume and bass level 2 it felt like i had a couple of sub woofers strapped to my head and i could even feel the vibrations and air moving and as a bass head i obviously loved this. I do however appreciate this feature will not appeal to most 'normal' people. If u switch the EQ to zero and gain to Lo and set the volume to a comfortable setting i noticed the sound quality had definitely improved and of course the volume was capable of increasing to a much louder setting. Overall i was very happy with my purchase and am pleased i can now get greater performance out of my headphones.

Happy listening and welcome aboard to fiio club. I too prefer the same setup and its not a matter of safe lisyening BUT enough juice to drive almost my cans and this sound is vety pleasing to my ears. But ay times I set to hi gain and mid position eq to shake my basement.

Btw there's an another switch under the hood(battery).......check it out.:D

Jan 20, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #1,130 of 1,271
Btw there's an another switch under the hood(battery).......check it out.
biggrin.gif

Mind if I inquire as to what it does?

EDIT: Hmm it appears to be a second high-low switch. Mine is set to high by default.

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #1,132 of 1,271
  High gain-Low gain to be exact.  
My suggestion if you have tougher HP's to drive, most over the head or on the ear HP's, high gain.
IEM's low gain to improve sensitivity.

That's not a gain switch, but high / low power. Like the name suggested, it changes how much power the amp is able to pump out. Set it to high for best performance and low for best battery life.

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #1,134 of 1,271
Mind if I inquire as to what it does?

EDIT: Hmm it appears to be a second high-low switch. Mine is set to high by default.

Well its the power selector of the amp with hi and lo position to drive power hungry HP w/hi position set.....simply put just like chevy corvette, dodge viper, ford mustang eqipped with turbo power.....but it is optimised for performance and E11's hi setting drains power quicker than low setting. Ofcourse thats a huge monster compared to a E11's 3"x2"portable formfactor with a very small powerhouse.

Jan 21, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #1,136 of 1,271

Definitely worth buying it for SQ,Staging,depth,clarity ,detail,texture etc. Frankly speaking i havent tried US HFI 580 and lumia 920 but RB'ed sansa with E11 will be a good combo to drive most of the iems and HPs not just for volume and bass but all those mentioned..........

Jan 21, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #1,137 of 1,271
Definitely worth buying it for SQ,Staging,depth,clarity ,detail,texture etc. Frankly speaking i havent tried US HFI 580 and lumia 920 but RB'ed sansa with E11 will be a good combo to drive most of the iems and HPs not just for volume and bass but all those mentioned..........

Thanks a lot for your answer,I just ordered E11,found it for $49 shipped from Hong Kong. I hope it is genuine.

I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina so ebay was the only way to get it.

Jan 22, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #1,138 of 1,271
Thanks a lot for your answer,I just ordered E11,found it for $49 shipped from Hong Kong. I hope it is genuine.

I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina so ebay was the only way to get it.

Anytime..........

I see. Which HK ebay seller you ordered? bigbargainonline?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back