FiiO E1 + E7 (speculation-no-more) *now guest-starring: E9
Oct 20, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #166 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Fire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just getting in to this stuff so don't shoot me if this is a stupid question.
But will the DAC from the E7 only work with a computer or will it also convert the the digital signal when you use it with your iPod with Line Out ? Or will it only work as an amp if you use it with your iPod

An ipod has no digital output so there is nothing for a DAC to do. It will only work as an amplifier. When you're using your line out with your ipod, you're only bypassing the internal amp, not the internal DAC chip.

Oct 20, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #167 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An ipod has no digital output so there is nothing for a DAC to do. It will only work as an amplifier. When you're using your line out with your ipod, you're only bypassing the internal amp, not the internal DAC chip.

Thanks a lot !
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 25, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #168 of 622
The best thing about the e3 and e5 is they're dirt cheap, small, and sound great. IMO, $80 sounds a bit steep. Is there any way to carry on the tradition of fiio amps and make the e9 dirt cheap too? Somewhere in the $40-$50 range sounds good (maybe even $24.99-$29.95
bigsmile_face.gif
).

Oct 28, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #170 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will there be a black version of the E1 available?
smily_headphones1.gif

I haven't heard of any black model being planned, but it could be in the future.

Nov 1, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #175 of 622
You don't have to let them all tangle around. You can always tie / warp the E1 cable up if you like. Personally I find it to work just fine for me.

Nov 1, 2009 at 9:41 AM Post #176 of 622
waiting!!

Nov 4, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #177 of 622
Subscribed. I was looking for a cooler design than the E5. Glad I waited.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #178 of 622
I want one, but can't afford the $10 extra Head Direct shipping cost! Damn I hate being a student! I trawl the internet once a day looking for somewhere else selling these already! Want one ASAP, and so bad! Been hoping for something like this for ages! It's perfect, just too much $$$ for me from Head Direct!
frown.gif

Waiting for DX! Wish they'd hurry!

Nov 5, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #179 of 622
If only I wasn't about to spend upwards of $700 on a new dirt jumping bicycle I would buy one for you, Baines. I know how difficult it can be to be a student on a budget, especially with such an expensive hobby as ours
wink.gif
After buying the bike if I can afford it I may do it. You're wanting the E1 I take it? Buying the bike tomorrow so, if you like, send me a PM and we can talk.
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #180 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpalsm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If only I wasn't about to spend upwards of $700 on a new dirt jumping bicycle I would buy one for you, Baines. I know how difficult it can be to be a student on a budget, especially with such an expensive hobby as ours
wink.gif
After buying the bike if I can afford it I may do it. You're wanting the E1 I take it? Buying the bike tomorrow so, if you like, send me a PM and we can talk.
biggrin.gif

lol, try having multiple hobbies... ugh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back