FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Sep 6, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #961 of 1,676
bowei006, love your CAPS replies.... Haaa..

Thank you 
rolleyes.gif

As they say, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. When someone screams at you politely, it is only etiquette to return the same language identity that one uses as a sign of respect. 
cool.gif
 (yes, I just made that up)

Sep 11, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #965 of 1,676
IT WOULD BE REALLY HELPFUL TO POST THE PICTURE. I THINK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE SONY RECORDING DAP THAT JAMES FEATURED IN A FIIO PIC STRAPPED TO ONE OF HIS AMPS.
Try out Beyerdynamic and Audio Technica then
smily_headphones1.gif
maybe dt beyer series

Hey,

Thanks for the suggestions, I will need to save up before I can buy the headphones. ( Wish HD 558 did not leak sound, otherwise it was perfect ).
I received the E07k today, I used it with my Dell 5520 Laptop and listened to Daft Punk - Random Access Memories Vinyl Rip - FLAC. I must say that there is a drastic improvement in quality. But shockingly this improvement is noticeable only with FLACS, there is an improvement with MP3s also but not nearly as much.

Thanks,
b0red

Sep 13, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #966 of 1,676
For anyone confused about whether the E07K works with the S3 or the Note 2, I can confirm that it does. I just received my E07K and connected it to the note 2 using the otg cable. Out of the box, the DAC does not work, however, after turning off USB charging on the Fiio, it connected without any fuss. Anyone having problems connecting to the s3 or note 2 should try this out.

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #967 of 1,676
  For anyone confused about whether the E07K works with the S3 or the Note 2, I can confirm that it does. I just received my E07K and connected it to the note 2 using the otg cable. Out of the box, the DAC does not work, however, after turning off USB charging on the Fiio, it connected without any fuss. Anyone having problems connecting to the s3 or note 2 should try this out.

What is your country and carrier? I can't speak for the Note, but the E07K doesn't work for most US S3 models and carriers. I've tried two different OTG cables, all of the DAC's settings (including USB charge), and every combination of plug-in order. For most of us, it produces no sound and the track time moves faster than it should. For me, It does work consistently with a sound test app that processes what it gets from the mic and sends it through the DAC, but it doesn't work with Google Music, Spotify, Pandora, etc.

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #968 of 1,676
Im from Australia with the N7105T. The DAC behaved the exact same way when I plugged it in the first time but started working once I turned USB charging off on the E07K. Not sure if its a rom thing or just the hardware of the phone.

Sep 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #969 of 1,676
Im from Australia with the N7105T. The DAC behaved the exact same way when I plugged it in the first time but started working once I turned USB charging off on the E07K. Not sure if its a rom thing or just the hardware of the phone.

it is hardware issues cause the Andes consume more current than the N7105T can provided through micro USB when the charging on in Andes.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 13, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #973 of 1,676
  N7100 and SGH-T889 = Samsung Galaxy Note II

Definitely, but again, the first one is the international version and the second one is the US variant from T-Mobile. If it works for the US variant of the Note II high chances are it will work for the US variants of the SIII. And I am going to repeat here what Fiio already said some time ago:

As a general rule Fiio potentially works as follows:
Fiio E07K ---> 4.1.x (it usually works with these Android devices: Note II and SIII)
Fiio E17   ---> 4.2.x (SIV)

Sep 13, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #975 of 1,676
  Is there any difference between the gain settings other than the volume? Any difference between things like sound quality or distortion or things like low gain + high volume vs high gain + low volume?

Some say yes, some say no. For the most part, just use the lowest gain that you can for your setup as a safety way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back