FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Mar 13, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #661 of 1,676
Quote:
Yes, I'm using iPhone 4S with up to date software and it is not working for me with L9. It detects dock connector but no sound comes out be it the mute or vibrate is on or off.

Ahhh... so the problem is most likely with the phone.

I actually bought the E07K Andes to use as a DAC+Amp on my Samsung Galaxy 3 phone but I'm having the same problem as other Galaxy 3 owners here getting that to work. But I got it to work well as an Amp only with my old iPhone 3GS so there it will stay. 

Mar 14, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #662 of 1,676
I can get the E7 for 70€ and the E07K for 90€. Is the E07K worth the higher price and will I be able to hear a difference with my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro?

How does the E07K compare to a soundcard like the Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music? I have that card in my desktop, but the onboard sound from my notebook sounds boring in comparison, that's why I want to get a DAC/AMP to achieve similar or higher sound quality.

Mar 14, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #664 of 1,676
Quote:
I can get the E7 for 70€ and the E07K for 90€. Is the E07K worth the higher price and will I be able to hear a difference with my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro?

How does the E07K compare to a soundcard like the Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music? I have that card in my desktop, but the onboard sound from my notebook sounds boring in comparison, that's why I want to get a DAC/AMP to achieve similar or higher sound quality.

Well the E07K has a better DAC that can do 24-bit/96KHz  like it's bigger brother E17. I'm not sure I can hear the difference of the better DAC. But for me, the big selling thing the E07K has over the E7 are the separate bass and treble controls.

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #666 of 1,676
Quote:
Hi New to this forum.

Just got FiiO E07k and I am very impressed.
Does anyone know if I can use the Apple USB charger to charge the E7, do I have to always use PC.

Yes you can use any USB wall charger to charge both the E7 and E07K Andes (that includes your USB chargers for iPhones and iPads). In fact the USB charger for your iPad has a higher charging rate than the iPhone or your computer so it charges faster. 

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #668 of 1,676
I've posted a similar question in another thread but just to gather more views here goes:

If I already have an E11 and I would like a DAC for my laptop set-up (i think my laptop has intel hd audio; it's a pavilion dv7), should I get the E07K (which I'm leaning towards since it's portable and only <$10 more than the E10) or the E10 or some other equipment in a similar price range? Or would a DAC not add any value at all?

Thank you.

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #670 of 1,676
hi bowei006, thanks for the reply.

As to portability, having it is always a plus (although my E11 is always a ready fallback) but I wouldn't compromise objective 'sound quality' for portability; however if subjective 'sound quality' may be compromised it is ok. 

As to EQ, I'm totally new at this so I don't think I would know how to use it anyway; although it would be a nice addition for 'future-proofing' since I don't intend to buy anymore amps/dacs after this for the near future. but generally, EQ is not a prime concern.

Thanks.

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #672 of 1,676
Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/648922/is-the-olympus-e10-better-in-any-way-than-the-andes-e07k

James of FiiO puts it as the E10 having better SQ than the E07K. The E07K was built for power and portability and feature, if you don't need it, then other devices will work.

Hi Panda, thanks for the reply.

Ok so that settles what I should get - ideally - for my laptop set-up: E10 over the E07K.

Thanks.

Mar 16, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #673 of 1,676
Hi.

I changed my old FiiO E7 to the new E07K cause of a broken OLED.

But trying it for the first time as a DAC on my laptop I can hear a lot of dirt sound.
Some people say that this occurs normally when you aren't using good quality audio files.
But I tried with VBR 0 44K/16b , 48K/16b and even 96K/24b flacs and they all sounded the same. There are dirt even when file is playing but no sound yet. But not when music is stopped.

I'm using foobar with wasapi exclusive mode, FiiO E07K with 0 gain and AudioTechnica M50s. What bothers me is that this dirt isnt that soft dirt like from LPs, its a irritating one.

I'm comparing right now both of them, E07K and E7. And my E7 sounds way WAY better. No artifacts, no dirt, perfect. :frowning2:

What now?

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #674 of 1,676
Quote:
Hi.

I changed my old FiiO E7 to the new E07K cause of a broken OLED.

But trying it for the first time as a DAC on my laptop I can hear a lot of dirt sound.
Some people say that this occurs normally when you aren't using good quality audio files.
But I tried with VBR 0 44K/16b , 48K/16b and even 96K/24b flacs and they all sounded the same. There are dirt even when file is playing but no sound yet. But not when music is stopped.

I'm using foobar with wasapi exclusive mode, FiiO E07K with 0 gain and AudioTechnica M50s. What bothers me is that this dirt isnt that soft dirt like from LPs, its a irritating one.

I'm comparing right now both of them, E07K and E7. And my E7 sounds way WAY better. No artifacts, no dirt, perfect. :frowning2:

What now?

Try on another computer.

Mar 16, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #675 of 1,676
First post ever on this awesome site.

Forgive my ignorance, but if I have the e07k with the l7, what features would I have if I add the e09k? It seems like it just changes some of the miniplugs to RCA outs--am I missing anything here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back