FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Mar 12, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #646 of 1,676
Quote:
oh ok now it makes sense,..

well im sure the andes acting as an amp only will improve the clarity and quality of the sound before it gets to the z02..

so i think it should work out well.. i will let u know,. and if it doesnt and i find i just need either the fiio or the z02, i will sell the one i dont need on this site.. so if any of u guys need one of these amps let me know and i can hook you up

Yes typically when your source signal is garbage and you put it thru an amp well then you just get ... amplified garbage. But the low level coming from your iPod thru the LOD is actually very clean. And the amp of the EO7K Andes is much better and much cleaner than the amp of your iPod. So bypassing the so-so amp of your iPod and instead taking the clean low level output signal from your iPod and putting it thru the clean amp of the E07K Andes will still probably get you pretty clean amplified signal to put into the Z02.

But we won't really know until you try so please do tell us when  you find out.    

Mar 13, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #648 of 1,676
I'm using Andes with Grado sr325is and I am wondering is it possible to equialise headphones with suitable program on pc while Andes is used as DAC? I found a guide on how to do that here on head fi, and I use foobar2k with WASAPI.

Mar 13, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #649 of 1,676
Quote:
I'm using Andes with Grado sr325is and I am wondering is it possible to equialise headphones with suitable program on pc while Andes is used as DAC? I found a guide on how to do that here on head fi, and I use foobar2k with WASAPI.

Yes. Depends on what program you are using for audio playback

Most have EQ's built in. iTunes and Foobar have EQ options(for foobar, you may need additional app download)

But yes, you can EQ the digital signal and then have the E07K change it to analog and then EQ it again.

But in all reality, the EQ on FiiO's are for ease of use and portability. It is a good alternative for those that don't want or have time to EQ their headphones. Real graphic or numerical EQ's are hard in a sense and take a while to get to where you want to get it too while the EQ's on the FiiO's are easy. I would recommend either spending a good amount of time on your music playback's EQ and not using FiiO EQ or use FiiO EQ if you don't want or have a few hours.

EQ on FiiO is Mcdonalds
EQ on music playback is like any top chef.

The first one is fast and is good enough for most. A very well designed formula already that is already there and easy to do. Takes seconds.

Whilst you can't take a few seconds in a new EQ program and expect it to sound good (unless you use pre sets). It also depends on how easy or good the EQ program is.

You wouldn't really want to eat a meal from Wolfang Puck's restaurant at McDonalds. You could,but its best to choose one and focus on it.

Mar 13, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #650 of 1,676
Thanks for fast response! I am quite happy with adding few dB of bass on Andes and it was the thing I wanted on my headphones. It just the sentence 'When used correctly, equalization can make a good headphone great, and a great headphone superb.' that I read in that guide made me wonder... Well since I will not be buying new headphones or amp/DAC soon maybe I'll give it a try... Also, I wonder how audible would be the difference if I buy LOD for iPhone instead of line out?

Mar 13, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #651 of 1,676
Quote:
Thanks for fast response! I am quite happy with adding few dB of bass on Andes and it was the thing I wanted on my headphones. It just the sentence 'When used correctly, equalization can make a good headphone great, and a great headphone superb.' that I read in that guide made me wonder... Well since I will not be buying new headphones or amp/DAC soon maybe I'll give it a try... Also, I wonder how audible would be the difference if I buy LOD for iPhone instead of line out?

Just like amps. It is audible. But how much it matters to you, really depends. It gives better clarity more or less. But the difference may not be enough for you to care. 

LOD's are having some problems right now with iPhones with iOS 5.1 and 6

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #653 of 1,676
Quote:

I use the LOD connector to take the signal from my iPhone and input into the Andes and I love it. To me it's a DRASTIC IMPROVEMENT over using the iPhone's headphone jack. Much more cleaner, lot more dynamic punch.

BTW the LOD (Line Out Dock) adapter is technically the low-level line out. As opposed to the higher-level headphone jack output. 

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #655 of 1,676
Quote:
Just like amps. It is audible. But how much it matters to you, really depends. It gives better clarity more or less. But the difference may not be enough for you to care. 

LOD's are having some problems right now with iPhones with iOS 5.1 and 6

Really? This is news to me. I'm running iOS 6.1 on my iPhone and using the LOD adapter output and it works great.

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #660 of 1,676
Quote:
Maybe we have different iPhones. I'm using an iPhone 3GS and iOS 6.1.2 and the L9 adapter.

Yes, I'm using iPhone 4S with up to date software and it is not working for me with L9. It detects dock connector but no sound comes out be it the mute or vibrate is on or off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back