FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Dec 20, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #230 of 1,676
Quote:
then your phone is CURSED @________@, umm u r using international version of s3/note2?

No, I'm in Canada....I317M is the model and on stock.  I did get it working a few times but hard to figure out what did it.  And I did try this on my brothers Note 2 from ATT again stock and same results.  I'm really beginning to think it's the E02K...firmware or defective unit.

Quote:
Can I ask a clarifying question to be sure that I have the correct USB audio app? Who is the developer of the one that is successfully playing FLAC files?
Thanks

It's by eXtream software....look for the USB symbol icon.

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #231 of 1,676
Quote:
It's by eXtream software....look for the USB symbol icon.

Cool, I was wondering which one it was.  Seems there is a trial version to make sure it works before you buy the Pro version:  http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.audio-evolution.com/downloads/USBAudioRecorderPROTrial_1.0.1.apk&sa=D&usg=AFQjCNGkJjkkSj_-q3d4ZLeq2bEDyo7Liw

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #233 of 1,676
I have the same issue too. Thing is not compatible with us variant S3. I guess it's going back to amazon for a refund. Just ordered the original E7. Hopefully that one works for us US S3s.

Dec 20, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #234 of 1,676
I contacted Fiio but have not heard back from them. This should be a concern for them as a lot of sales will be generated from users of Android.

I would wait to see if Fiio responds before returning it as this is a better unit than the E7.

Dec 20, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #235 of 1,676
The E17 doesn't work with my iPad Mini using the lightning camera connection kit as its uses too much power.
Does anyone know if the E07 will work , or will it have same issue.
Originally Posted by bowei006:

The E17 doesnt work with the CCK on iPad either way. You need to add an externaly powered usb hub before the cck to get the E17 to work with iPad. No idea on ipad mini.

I have a iPad 2 ill see if I can buy a cck to test it

-----------------------------
[size=10pt]Hello guys, i am new here but have lurked about. Read through this thread and various others and figured would try to get my understandings straight.[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]Really there are three options for audio from the iPhone or iPad mini; [/size]
[size=10pt]1) via headphone jack that utilizes the iDevice DAC, analog only[/size]
[size=10pt]2) via 30pin (or lightning to 30pin) into a LOD (via L9 cable or others) that utilizes the iDevice DAC, allows analog only output, - this is then typically connected to an amp or DAC to amp to amp/DAC headphone jack[/size]
[size=10pt]3) via [size=x-small]30pin (or lightning) to [/size]Camera Cable (CCK) to USB into a DAC (as to bypass iDevice DAC), allowing digitial output,[size=x-small]- this is then typically connected to an amp or DAC to amp to amp/DAC headphone jack[/size][/size]

[size=10pt]I currently have an iPhone 4S and iPad mini, listening via 8 year old ATH-M50 (which hurt my ears after an hour - any suggestions :) when traveling or if at home via mac book pro 2011 into Denon 1911 and amp/speakers.[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]Has anybody heard or confirmed if the iPad Mini using the lightning CCK (or lightning -> 30 pin -> older CCK) work with the E07?[/size]

[size=10pt]Also, if the the idevice says it cant power the attached USB device, what about doing a USB hack that puts a USB hub between the CCK and the E07 to trick the iDevice into thinking it is powered (do i need to worry about frying the E07) and allowing me to utilize the DAC if desired?[/size]

[size=10pt]I gathered that if i REALLY want to bypass the iPhone DAC, it needs to be jailbroken and using the CameraConnect app via Cydia repo to play back music [/size]

[size=10pt]Am i out to lunch on this stuff? [/size]

[size=10pt]In the end i was thinking that it would be nice to use the E07 while traveling with the iPhone and iPad (dont mind having a few extra connectors) as a amp in addition to using the DAC on the phone and the laptop, but dont know if you experienced guys think there is a better setup or some alternative options?[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]some reference threads that i read through, dont know if i completely got what they were saying...[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]http://www.head-fi.org/t/622311/iphone-4s-hooked-to-external-dac-yep-its-working/45[/size]
[size=10pt]http://www.head-fi.org/t/628471/lighting-connector-to-e17-dac-compatability[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]

[size=10pt]I appreciate your knowledge and criticism![/size]

[size=10pt][/size]

Dec 20, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #236 of 1,676
Quote:
The E17 doesn't work with my iPad Mini using the lightning camera connection kit as its uses too much power.
Does anyone know if the E07 will work , or will it have same issue.
Originally Posted by bowei006:

The E17 doesnt work with the CCK on iPad either way. You need to add an externaly powered usb hub before the cck to get the E17 to work with iPad. No idea on ipad mini.

I have a iPad 2 ill see if I can buy a cck to test it

-----------------------------
[size=10pt]Hello guys, i am new here but have lurked about. Read through this thread and various others and figured would try to get my understandings straight.[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]Really there are three options for audio from the iPhone or iPad mini; [/size]
[size=10pt]1) via headphone jack that utilizes the iDevice DAC, analog only[/size]
[size=10pt]2) via 30pin (or lightning to 30pin) into a LOD (via L9 cable or others) that utilizes the iDevice DAC, allows analog only output, - this is then typically connected to an amp or DAC to amp to amp/DAC headphone jack[/size]
[size=10pt]3) via [size=x-small]30pin (or lightning) to [/size]Camera Cable (CCK) to USB into a DAC (as to bypass iDevice DAC), allowing digitial output,[size=x-small]- this is then typically connected to an amp or DAC to amp to amp/DAC headphone jack[/size][/size]

[size=10pt]I currently have an iPhone 4S and iPad mini, listening via 8 year old ATH-M50 (which hurt my ears after an hour - any suggestions :) when traveling or if at home via mac book pro 2011 into Denon 1911 and amp/speakers.[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]Has anybody heard or confirmed if the iPad Mini using the lightning CCK (or lightning -> 30 pin -> older CCK) work with the E07?[/size]

[size=10pt]Also, if the the idevice says it cant power the attached USB device, what about doing a USB hack that puts a USB hub between the CCK and the E07 to trick the iDevice into thinking it is powered (do i need to worry about frying the E07) and allowing me to utilize the DAC if desired?[/size]

[size=10pt]I gathered that if i REALLY want to bypass the iPhone DAC, it needs to be jailbroken and using the CameraConnect app via Cydia repo to play back music [/size]

[size=10pt]Am i out to lunch on this stuff? [/size]

[size=10pt]In the end i was thinking that it would be nice to use the E07 while traveling with the iPhone and iPad (dont mind having a few extra connectors) as a amp in addition to using the DAC on the phone and the laptop, but dont know if you experienced guys think there is a better setup or some alternative options?[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]some reference threads that i read through, dont know if i completely got what they were saying...[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]http://www.head-fi.org/t/622311/iphone-4s-hooked-to-external-dac-yep-its-working/45[/size]
[size=10pt]http://www.head-fi.org/t/628471/lighting-connector-to-e17-dac-compatability[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]

[size=10pt]I appreciate your knowledge and criticism![/size]

[size=10pt][/size]

You got it right, some of your terms sound like you are right. Not sure though. At one part you said amp/dac. With LOD, you only bypass iPhone amp

Most just use iPhone DAC and their own amp, much easier

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #237 of 1,676
Quote:

Yup, that's exactly what happens to mine.  All audio and video will go like it's FF or something and can't hear anything.  I checked the cable and USB drive works. Strange behaviour.  Too bad, I was really looking forward to this working and one of the reasons I upgraded to the Note 2.  I have the I317M - Roger's Canada stock.

shoulda gone with telus 
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #238 of 1,676
IDK if its in my head but I completely forgot to do the whole setup of choosing the highest bit rate and what not (doubt this made a difference) but when I went to do that tonight after not using it for about a week now it installed an update to the drivers I guess resulting in me having to restart my computer. When I go to play a song usually 35 is fine, 40 is loud as I want it but now the levels are at vol. 45-50. Seems as though the audio is now lower for some reason.

Dec 21, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #239 of 1,676
My new Andes just arrived. I'm testing it with mac mini and shure 840 cans. 
If i have to say, I find the mac's dac slightly better than the Fiio. It seems to me that the Fiio flattens a bit he whole thing, meaning that it emphasize the lows and the highs, loosing a bit the mids. However I find the bass a beet deeper on the Fiio.
I have to try it out on the ipad yet, I expect a bigger improvement there.
Matias

Dec 21, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #240 of 1,676
My new Andes just arrived. I'm testing it with mac mini and shure 840 cans. 
If i have to say, I find the mac's dac slightly better than the Fiio. It seems to me that the Fiio flattens a bit he whole thing, meaning that it emphasize the lows and the highs, loosing a bit the mids. However I find the bass a beet deeper on the Fiio.
I have to try it out on the ipad yet, I expect a bigger improvement there.
Matias
There are different. Mac is a lot warmer with more vocal forwardness but not enough clarity.

It depends on what you like. Technically, it is superior but hey, it allcomes down to preference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back