FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Dec 17, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #181 of 1,676
Thanks, Panda. I think I'll be doing that testing right after holidays, and of course will report on this thread.
Matias
There is no guarantee it will work. Another user said it works but we dont have a large user base that tried it.
I wish you the best of luck if you wish to attempt!

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #182 of 1,676
What about connecting the new andes to the ipad 3 trough the CCK, would it work as it happensa with the FIIO E7?? so I can avoid the ipad's DAC.

It definitely works for me (iPad 3rd gen -> CCK -> E07K -> headphones). Listening to Spotify through the Andes as I type this on the iPad. You may have to disable USB charging from the dac's menu though. With charging enabled, I got an "accessory not supported" message saying that it draws too much power. Battery life is good, so I'll just charge from my PC as needed.

On the other hand, still no luck with my Galaxy S3. It works every time with a USB audio tester app on the phone, but not with any music player I throw at it (except for once when it inexplicably worked with Spotify, which I can't reproduce).

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #183 of 1,676
Quote:
What about connecting the new andes to the ipad 3 trough the CCK, would it work as it happensa with the FIIO E7?? so I can avoid the ipad's DAC.

Thanks in advance!
Matias

What's wrong with the iPad's DAC? 
blink.gif

Dec 17, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #185 of 1,676
Thanks for answering!
I have a mac mini and an ipad, and my shure 840 headphones perform 10 times better with the mac's DAC. So I want to improve sound quality on the portable version. I don't consider the shure cans difficult to drive, though.
Thanks!
Matias

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #187 of 1,676
Would I be daft in going for this plan? I'm thinking of getting some decent IEMs without the inline controls.  Maybe X10s or similar as I've been harping on about them for over two years now, but never gotten around to buying them!  Obviously inline controls won't work with the Andes, so I'll keep my Note2 IEMs for convenience when walking etc, but use the new IEMs and Amp when at my desk etc. Or spend more to get ones with inline controls, even though they only work when not using the andes amp?

Waste of money doing that?

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #188 of 1,676
well.. this is annoying. trying to purchasing a E07K.
it seems like the miccastore, headroom, mp4nation all don't carry it.

only the Amazon dealers do and based on what i've read from my search.. they may or may not be the most reliable sources 

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #189 of 1,676
Would I be daft in going for this plan? I'm thinking of getting some decent IEMs without the inline controls.  Maybe X10s or similar as I've been harping on about them for over two years now, but never gotten around to buying them!  Obviously inline controls won't work with the Andes, so I'll keep my Note2 IEMs for convenience when walking etc, but use the new IEMs and Amp when at my desk etc. Or spend more to get ones with inline controls, even though they only work when not using the andes amp?

Waste of money doing that?

You could get a desktop amp/dac instead

Most if not any amp will allow controls as thr circuitry for relaying them doesnt look like it will work well

well.. this is annoying. trying to purchasing a E07K.
it seems like the miccastore, headroom, mp4nation all don't carry it.

only the Amazon dealers do and based on what i've read from my search.. they may or may not be the most reliable sources 

That cant be?

Dec 18, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #191 of 1,676
i tried to connect my andes to my galaxy note 2 2day, guess wat @_@, didnt work, i really dunno why....

thus who got thier andes to work with s3 or note 2, please tell me which kernal and rom u r using ><?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back