FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Dec 16, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #166 of 1,676
Quote:
Well, what i meant by that is, in my PSP, i can make my own folders and everything and name them what i want, from what i remember with my Nano,
you cant do that, correct me if im wrong.

You can only do that on iTunes and not on the go.

Folders? That feature is in the playlist feature. Basically the "music" section is ALL the songs you moved into iTunes but you have the choice of just using playlists.

The mentallity of how it works is different.

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #167 of 1,676
Quote:
older classics use Wolfson's. I stated that. iPods and Apple devices pre 2008 all used Wolfson's...well virtually. In 2012, the use of Wolfson has returned although only as a minor role
The iPod Classic 5.5 is supeiror to audio than the S3. Use your phone as a phone and iPod+amp as music. You save space on teh S3 and also get a better device with the iPod

Yes that is what you are looking for but the new Schiit DAC is pretty nice. AKM4396

You could do all that you want with an E17 but it wouldn't be as superior to the new Schiit offerings probably. With an L7, you can send DAC line out signal to your speakers. Keep in mind that this only works with powered/Active speakers.

Um i don't think you fully understand which is probably more my fault for not explaining. See, those speakers are not powered themselves. You have to run them through an amp. So I was wondering if the amp on the E9 Could power them and a sub. I do not see how an e17 could actually power speakers. Im asking if I could skip the Lepai amp and just use the e9. 

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #168 of 1,676
Quote:
Um i don't think you fully understand which is probably more my fault for not explaining. See, those speakers are not powered themselves. You have to run them through an amp. So I was wondering if the amp on the E9 Could power them and a sub. I do not see how an e17 could actually power speakers. Im asking if I could skip the Lepai amp and just use the e9. 

You need to do some math on how much Wattage the speaker needs at 4Ohm or 8 Ohm and what the E09K can produce if it can even produce a good sound for speakers with that impendence. 

Dec 16, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #169 of 1,676
Quote:
would this amp be "wasted" on my present equipment?

for my IEMs, I have the UE triplefi 10. I bring this around the most often with my sansa clip+ and use it on my iPad and Macbook Pro.
for my headphones, I have the Monoprice 8320 and Sony PULSE headset. the headphones are usually for home use/gaming. my desktop uses the Audinst MX-1 that is plugged into my AegoM speakers.

would the FiiO E07K be a good addition to my system, both portable and desktop?
not sure how much benefit it can bring to my Monoprice or PULSE though

ah i forgot to mention. i'm hoping the FiiO helps with soundstage. prefer a nice soundstage when i listen to music

Dec 16, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #170 of 1,676
Quote:
ah i forgot to mention. i'm hoping the FiiO helps with soundstage. prefer a nice soundstage when i listen to music

Depending on what sonic theory you believe in components like amps and DAC's could have no effect on soundstage or otherwise. I personally believe that components such as that could have an effect on headphone soundstage. Speaker-philes tend to disagree as their word soundstage deals with the physical distance between driver and ear but lets not get on that now.

If a song has no soundstage or staging, a component won't help it much. 

Dec 16, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #172 of 1,676
Quote:
thanks! but if i were to go portable, would this be a good choice? 88USD does seem like a hefty investment.
were considering the cheaper E11 too or even the E6

It is all very self explanatory. E11 if you only need an amp. E6 if you don't need an amp with the quality and power of E11 or E12 and E07K if you need an amp and DAC with a sub $90 budget and E17 if you need a portable amp and DAC under $150.

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #173 of 1,676
Is the DAC of the E07K better than the Wolfson DAC of an iPod 5.5g?

I am looking for an amp for soon-to-be-DIYmod iPod 5.5g and do you recommend E07K? My IEM's are EX1000 and IE80 for classical music only.

Thanks

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #175 of 1,676
Quote:
Is the DAC of the E07K better than the Wolfson DAC of an iPod 5.5g?

It depends on how it is implemented. 

To test this you would need to use a CLAS with the iPod 5.5 G connected to a static non changing amp and then have the E07K with L7 also connected to that same amp be it through a switch.

That is the only way to test. And has not yet been done with the exact things listed.

TheDAC model on the iPod 5.5G's aren't as high or "good" as the one FiiO uses if that makes more sense.

So if we go by a model for model wise thinking without including in implementation and other circuits and components present. The DAC present in FiiOs devices by a model to model comparison would have FiiOs being superior.

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #176 of 1,676
Sorry I am really a newbie in this stuff and I am gonna ask another stupid question.

OK if I use the DAC of the E07K then this is no benefit from doing the DIYmod for the iPod 5.5g - correct?

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #177 of 1,676
Sorry I am really a newbie in this stuff and I am gonna ask another stupid question.

OK if I use the DAC of the E07K then this is no benefit from doing the DIYmod for the iPod 5.5g - correct?
You cant use dac of e07k and most other devices with an ipod. The dac is for computers. You can do it but it is messy and makes it not very portable/

You are using dac of ipod and amp of andes

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #179 of 1,676
What about connecting the new andes to the ipad 3 trough the CCK, would it work as it happensa with the FIIO E7?? so I can avoid the ipad's DAC.

Thanks in advance!
Matias
This requires personal testing. Another user said that he got it to work but it hasnt been mass confirmed yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back