FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Dec 1, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #16 of 1,676
Videos are up.

They are the introduction video and the how to video.

The How To Video showcases some of the functions of the E17 and what has changed(intro does this as well), but also shows one how to go through the menu of the E07K and what it is like and what has changed. IT also has a how to on how to use it with a Windows computer. Mac instructions will be typed out instead. I have one but it is a hassle to record the screen of and then move to my main desktop.

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #17 of 1,676
How is it compared to the E17? I plan on getting this instead, seeing as the e17 can't work on the Galaxy s3

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #18 of 1,676
How is it compared to the E17? I plan on getting this instead, seeing as the e17 can't work on the Galaxy s3
This is also uncomfirmed to work with it. If the USB power draw exceeds 100mA then it wont work. I dont have a USB power measuring tool or a device to try it on.

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #19 of 1,676
The main USP of the E7 is that it works beautifully with USB OTG on phones like Samsung
and my Nokia N8 , if 07 draws too much power then Fiio will be shooting themselves
In the foot.

Do Fiio expect current owners of E7 to move to the E07 ? Or is it aimed at new customers ?

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #20 of 1,676
The new features like 24/96 , hold button and lineout are superb , well done Fiio !

But why should anyone buy the E17 now ?

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #21 of 1,676

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #22 of 1,676
The E17 doesn't work with my iPad Mini using the lightning camera connection kit as its uses too much power.

Does anyone know if the E07 will work , or will it have same issue.

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #23 of 1,676
The main USP of the E7 is that it works beautifully with USB OTG on phones like Samsung
and my Nokia N8 , if 07 draws too much power then Fiio will be shooting themselves
In the foot.
Do Fiio expect current owners of E7 to move to the E07 ? Or is it aimed at new customers ?

Yes, E7 works like that. I do not have Android phone to test ANDES.

The new features like 24/96 , hold button and lineout are superb , well done Fiio !
But why should anyone buy the E17 now ?

The E17 has Spdif input, more power, and IF the andes uses less usb power draw, that would be another one

The E17 doesn't work with my iPad Mini using the lightning camera connection kit as its uses too much power.
Does anyone know if the E07 will work , or will it have same issue.

The E17 doesnt work with the CCK on iPad either way. You need to add an externaly powered usb hub before the cck to get the E17 to work with iPad. No idea on ipad mini.

I have a iPad 2 ill see if I can buy a cck to test it

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #24 of 1,676
confirmed that e07k works with note 2 and s3

link:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.betanews.net%2Farticle%2F571610&hl=ko&ie=EUK-KR&sl=ko&tl=en

its written in korean " i think"  so i translate it with google web translator

he said " Smartphone that supports digital input (I confirmed that Galaxy Note Galaxy S3 with Android OS"

@_@

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #25 of 1,676
Quote:
confirmed that e07k works with note 2 and s3

link:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.betanews.net%2Farticle%2F571610&hl=ko&ie=EUK-KR&sl=ko&tl=en

its written in korean " i think"  so i translate it with google web translator

he said " Smartphone that supports digital input (I confirmed that Galaxy Note Galaxy S3 with Android OS"

@_@

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet"
Can anyone that speaks it confirm?

Language is weird. Negation may not have not been used correct. I believe that he is correct though and Google translated it correctly but we should get other reviewers with it to see. I'll see if I can get a CCK.

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #26 of 1,676
Quote:
"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet"
Can anyone that speaks it confirm?

Language is weird. Negation may not have not been used correct. I believe that he is correct though and Google translated it correctly but we should get other reviewers with it to see. I'll see if I can get a CCK.

Well, in one of the pictures it IS a GS3 so i think it may be true.

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #29 of 1,676
bowei, hows the e07k sound comparing to e7 and e17?
Never had E7 and dont have E17 anymore so my comparison is a bit far. But as of right now I still favor E17. There is noise with my various IEMs, and it doesnt havr driving power of E17. I know for a fact that people will want to ask if they can use with Q701/HD650/HE5 etc so that is also a factor.

I have not done any comparisons with my other amps yet. Im mainly doing daily usability right now

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #30 of 1,676
Discovered the E07K is available on Amazon UK today (it wasn't yesterday) and have ordered one. I have an E7 atm, so will be interested to see how it compares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back