FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Feb 24, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #556 of 1,676
My eo7k has worked perfectly with this android version

http://imageshack.us/f/854/screenshot2013022316154.jpg/

I used this otg cable

http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B004ULZD7U/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For make it all work i followed those steps ( it is very important to follow them in the right order as it is

written on the instruction of the cable)

1. turn on e07k.

2. connect the otg cable to the e07k
[size=10.909090995788574px][/size]
3. connect the other side of the cable to the phone
[size=10.909090995788574px][/size]
without any further do the entire complex was recognised by the phone and it plays with both musical lector

( the android one , poweramp and neutron).

I did not have to use USB recorder pro

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #557 of 1,676
Hi

Not an android user but saw this posted in a review on amazon uk.  You try this at your own risk etc etc :-

But, I had to downgrade to 4.1.2 and, uinstal 'Poitee' kernal, it worked great, but, you ahd to re-boot with DAC connected or turned on to reconise it.

I had other problems an dhad to upgarde to 4.2.1 so, lost the DAC funcion, I'm sure a kermal for ICS will be available too."

That means nothing to me in all honesty, just thought I'd post it in case it helps someone.

Feb 24, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #558 of 1,676
I have the 07k myself and i love it.

Feb 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #560 of 1,676
Lol. I see after months and months the Android peeps are still trying to consolidate the love. A Clip+ would have alleviated the stress and you still would have a phone without an amp attached to it.
Cheers for the otg cables of the world!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes they are. How are you feeling about andes now that you have had it for a while?

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #561 of 1,676
Hey Panda,

I am loving it. I use it with a desktop, laptop, iDevices, Sansa players.

Great device. Again, thanks for all the work you put into the thread.

I do own an Android tablet but for now have no desire to see if it works with the Andes. I just use iems with it and have no stress with ice cream sandwiches or kernels or otg cables. Lol

Cheers!!!

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #562 of 1,676
Hey Panda,

I am loving it. I use it with a desktop, laptop, iDevices, Sansa players.

Great device. Again, thanks for all the work you put into the thread.

I do own an Android tablet but for now have no desire to see if it works with the Andes. I just use iems with it and have no stress with ice cream sandwiches or kernels or otg cables. Lol

Cheers!!!

Hi, what do you think are the best portable devices to couple with the Andes?

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #563 of 1,676
Hi, what do you think are the best portable devices to couple with the Andes?

Android/Apple

Android because andes unofficially can worknas dac with select units and builds

Apple because pre 2012, you can bypass intenal amp easily and get a VERY ergonomical setup with L9

Feb 25, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #564 of 1,676
Quote:
My note 2 DOES work with the E07K. It is an I317M @ 4.1.2. Note 2>>otg>>E07>>Bryston home amplier>>Veritas 2.8 speakers. Sounds great using Neutron and huge hd flac files

Very nice. The i317M looks like the Canadian twin of the American AT&T i317, according to wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Note_II

Kinda tempted to give the E07K a whirl on my i317 on stock 4.1.2 android...

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #566 of 1,676
Quote:

I would really appreciate if you could post the FW Build Number and Kernel version of your SIII. Thanks.

EDIT: My god, I had successfully make it work! (i9300 running 4.1.2, Omega ROM v42 with Yank555.lu kernel, v1.5) And to be perfectly honest, I still don't know how I made it happen.

- tried swap/switching which was connected first, the E07k or the SIII. Had no success.
- while E07k is properly connected to my SIII, tried connecting a 3.5mm jack to the aux in and out (doing this switches the Fiio E07k from aux to USB mode and back). Had no success.
- tried combining above two actions randomly. Voila!

Currently my E07k is connected to my SIII! And to be clear, I have NO idea on which of my actions (or combination of actions) prompted it to work. Even now I fear removing the Andes from my SIII just to have it not work again.

I'm using Poweramp and the music plays on my headphone while message notifications come out from the phone's speakers. Videos also play fine. USB charging set to OFF.

I'm using a daisy chain of microUSB-to-female USB (the generic OTG cable) and a basic USB-to-miniUSB cable to connect the two devices. You could only guess on which combinations of connect/removal of connections I did with these cables.

Volume controls can be used on both the SIII and the Andes.

Hope this helps other people experiment on how to make the E07k work with their SIII.

Which specific model/carrier S3 are you? I.e. American AT&T etc.

Feb 26, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #567 of 1,676
Android/Apple

Android because andes unofficially can worknas dac with select units and builds

Apple because pre 2012, you can bypass intenal amp easily and get a VERY ergonomical setup with L9

thank you Panda-sama

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #568 of 1,676
Quote:

Which specific model/carrier S3 are you? I.e. American AT&T etc.

It's an international GSM SIII, i9300.

I'm beginning to think that a successful connection with Andes and my SIII is more or less a matter of luck (or maybe a coding bug). I've made it connect sometimes, sometimes it won't. It would, one time, work if I connected the Andes and then rebooted the phone, and often times it won't work. Sometimes I get lucky and get the Andes working on my first attempt, and often times it won't work.

Notably, OFTEN TIMES IT WON'T WORK. There's almost no correlation with how/which I connected first, if I rebooted first, if I connected the Andes while music is currently running, if I waited two hours would the Andes then properly work, or whichever hocus-pocus I did first. Currently it feels that I would either get lucky or not, and if not, then try again and again.

And yes, it does drain more battery even with USB charging off, or at least that's what I felt. Checked with BetterBatteryStats and the processor was running at minimum speed also (200Mhz), so I guess the data transfer between phone and DAC really does drain more battery. I'll do a proper attempt once I've made the E07k work again.

But hey, I'm not running stock 4.1.2, and never tried Andes with stock rom, so maybe other people's mileage may vary.

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #569 of 1,676
I too had a few times where the E07k did work but never knew how to get it to take.  I even got the E17 to as well once.

E7 is flawless.  I have the NA Note 2.  Tried on Roger's in Canada model and ATT model.

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #570 of 1,676
I am pretty happy now... And why? Because as I suspected, the problem with my connections between the note II and the Fiio E07K where the cable. Here my experience:

1. I tried several kind of cables, from adapters to... almost everything. As someone pointed, they weren´t "OTG" cables. "On the go" for Micro USB cables means that one of the five pins is connected to another ground pin, telling the device that is connected to another device which can manage. This said.

2. I bought Lindy USB 2.0 Cable Micro-A/Mini-B 0.5m, which is OTG. Big disappointment at first, because it is A, and I didn´t realize it does not fit in my note II. As I had an useless cable, I decide to manually sand the chamfers.

3. I got the cable to connect with my note. As soon as I connect the cable (even with nothing else connected in the mini USB side) I get the next message: "Conector USB conectado" (USB connector connected).

4. Time to connect the Fiio E07K. I just tried connecting the cable first to the Fiio, then turning on the Fiio, and then connecting to the phone. Then I start "Your song" of Elton John in spotify and put on my Jaycar Pro Monitor. Sound is clear and defined!

Enjoying it right now...

Wondering right now if I sold my Fiio E17 very fast...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back