FiiO E02i "Rocky" - First Impression + Final Thought
Sep 7, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #16 of 39
Ah, thanks for the clarification ClieOS. Too bad, looks like I'd need a converter because I'm sure mine is using the old standard (it came out on 2009). And what is this converter called? I tried Googling but found nothing (my search term was wrong I guess).

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #17 of 39
Yep, it can be a pain for old cellphone trying to use new headset. The converter comes in many names: smartphone adapter, TRRS-to-TRRS adapter, etc. MEElectronic and FiiO both makes it, but the smallest I find is this, which is what I am using now: http://www.lunashops.co.uk/goods-1073.html

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #18 of 39
Thank you. I'll look into that. I'm currently considering between this, the E6 and E11 for my M50 (and future headphones when possible). This one sounds good for on-the-go use, but I'm afraid that it won't be much of difference than an un-amped M50. Any advices?

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #19 of 39
E02 is very close to an E6 in overall performance, but lesser in gain (amplifying factor). E11 will be a step up from E6 / E02.

Sep 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #20 of 39
E02 is very close to an E6 in overall performance, but lesser in gain (amplifying factor). E11 will be a step up from E6 / E02.

Thank you for the info. I guess I'll look between the E02i and the E6 first.

Oct 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #21 of 39
Quote:
All the current Android smartphone (since mid last year) use the same jack as Apple, so theoretically it will work. There might be an Android specific model in the future as well. However, if your smartphone / tablet is using the old standard, then you will need a converter regardless of whether it is iPhone or Android specific E02.

I've been told that although it should work on samsung android phones the functions might be limited, do you by any chance know more about this? For example the play and pause should work but volume control and "next" wont, which would kind of be a deal breaker. Wish there was a way to know what kind of use I can get with my galaxy nexus phone before buying for no reason. On that subject, I would imagine the chance of it working on a random mp3 player are even less?

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #23 of 39
I've been told that although it should work on samsung android phones the functions might be limited, do you by any chance know more about this? For example the play and pause should work but volume control and "next" wont, which would kind of be a deal breaker. Wish there was a way to know what kind of use I can get with my galaxy nexus phone before buying for no reason. On that subject, I would imagine the chance of it working on a random mp3 player are even less?

For most current gen. android phone:

What work:
Play, pause (so are taking / ending call), next (double click), bass boost.

What don't work:
volume control, previous track (triple click)

Volume control on iDevice needs special chip so they won't work on Android. You can still use E02i as an inline amp / bass boost on any mp3 player. Since most mp3 player (beside Apple's) doesn't even support remote, you won't get any of those functions.

Oct 13, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #24 of 39
thanks, much appreciated.

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #27 of 39
  Just bought some RHA SA950i, i'm considering an headphone amplifier to go with my laptop. Any thoughts on this? Can i use it only connecting usb to the computer? Cheers

You do realize that E02i is designed mainly for iPhone? No, the USB port doesn't work with any PC beside for charging purpose. It is not an amp with an USB DAC, which is what you want.

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #28 of 39
Cool. Do you consider a good addiction to buy a headphone amplifier for my RHA SA950i?  Can you give me examples of not too expensive amp with USB DAC?

Sorry i'm quite new at this but i'm keen on learning. cheers

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #29 of 39
RHA SA950i probably doesn't need much power so you don't really need more power there, but depends on how good your laptop internal soundcard is, you might still benefit from a better sounding amp+DAC. One of the cheaper amp+DAC will be FiiO E10. Just note it is non-portable and must be used with a PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back