[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Sep 25, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #796 of 2,103
Sep 25, 2022 at 4:16 AM Post #797 of 2,103
An interesting take on the BTR7 for those that are interested :relaxed:
https://headfonics.com/fiio-btr7-review/
“Once you have everything set right, you could store these settings as a preset. You could also alter the built-in presets. For example, you could take the rock or classical preset, readjust each frequency with the PEQ and store it back to then later to recall that setting.”

Is this true? It doesn’t seem to be the case on iOS at least

Sep 25, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #798 of 2,103
“Once you have everything set right, you could store these settings as a preset. You could also alter the built-in presets. For example, you could take the rock or classical preset, readjust each frequency with the PEQ and store it back to then later to recall that setting.”

Is this true? It doesn’t seem to be the case on iOS at least
I don't use EQ so I cannot confirm what the reviewer is saying is correct or not. I don't think it would matter whether you are on iOS or Android. I find it interesting that a majority of these reviews only rate the BTR7 as an 8 or 8.5 out of 10, kinda implies that it is not an upgrade from the very well received BTR5 when clearly it is a significant upgrade in terms of sound quality and even in the fact that the PEQ works over LDAC now, for those that don't know the GEQ on the BTR5 didn't work over LDAC.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #801 of 2,103
Hi,
My BTR7 came with firmware 1.69 and I'm trying to upgrade it to the latest 1.71 version.
Unfortunately, the upgrade process gets stuck on 0.0% and then fails.
I tried both online and local methods, and different Android devices.
Did anyone else here encountered this issue?

Screenshot_20220925-174546.png
Screenshot_20220925-174918.png

Sep 25, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #802 of 2,103
Sep 27, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #805 of 2,103
Got a question about this:

Does it still charge when it's in dongle mode? Or does it only do data in dongle mode?

Sep 28, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #808 of 2,103
Did you have any luck contacting FiiO tech support?
How long does it usually take for them to reply?
Yeah I'm in the same boat, waiting for an inquiry regarding BTR5 2021. You could PM them through the forum I guess but the support takes some time to reply

Sep 29, 2022 at 5:09 AM Post #809 of 2,103
Hi. Right now I'm still using my old fiio x1 but want to upgrade. At first I wanted to buy DAP, but streaming is too convenient. I am very interested in fiio btr7 and I was completely satisfied with it. Until I found out that when it is connected via USB to android smartphones, not the entire sound circuit of the phone is bypassed, but resampling from 44.1 to 48 takes place. And now I don’t know whether to buy btr7 or return to the idea of buying DAP. I have no way to compare how the normal sound of 44.1 differs after resampling to 48 to understand how bad it is. Or I didn't figure out how to do it. Suppose there is a DAP in which all the electronics repeat the btr7 scheme, but there is no resampling. Lets take the sound quality on it as 100% How much will it be when using btr7 on android after resampling to 48? If the quality loss is ~5% then it can be tolerated. But if resampling spoils the quality by 30% that completely makes impossible to use this device via usb on android. Therefore, can someone tell me how much % resampling spoils the sound?

PS. Yes, I know that there are some streaming services whose applications allow you to bypass the android mixer and use the DAC in exclusive mode. But I use a service that doesn't have that option. But if I switch to android DAP like fiio m11 then I can listen to streaming without resampling. However, I really want to get rid of the second large device in my pocket. I'm trying to figure out what price in sound quality I'll have to pay for it.

Sep 29, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #810 of 2,103
Hi. Right now I'm still using my old fiio x1 but want to upgrade. At first I wanted to buy DAP, but streaming is too convenient. I am very interested in fiio btr7 and I was completely satisfied with it. Until I found out that when it is connected via USB to android smartphones, not the entire sound circuit of the phone is bypassed, but resampling from 44.1 to 48 takes place. And now I don’t know whether to buy btr7 or return to the idea of buying DAP. I have no way to compare how the normal sound of 44.1 differs after resampling to 48 to understand how bad it is. Or I didn't figure out how to do it. Suppose there is a DAP in which all the electronics repeat the btr7 scheme, but there is no resampling. Lets take the sound quality on it as 100% How much will it be when using btr7 on android after resampling to 48? If the quality loss is ~5% then it can be tolerated. But if resampling spoils the quality by 30% that completely makes impossible to use this device via usb on android. Therefore, can someone tell me how much % resampling spoils the sound?

PS. Yes, I know that there are some streaming services whose applications allow you to bypass the android mixer and use the DAC in exclusive mode. But I use a service that doesn't have that option. But if I switch to android DAP like fiio m11 then I can listen to streaming without resampling. However, I really want to get rid of the second large device in my pocket. I'm trying to figure out what price in sound quality I'll have to pay for it.
I used to own a FiiO X1 :relaxed: to be honest even using the BTR7 via bluetooth using LDAC codec the sound quality is far superior to the X1, there is a difference in sound quality between BTR7 using bluetooth (LDAC) and the FiiO M11 Plus (wired) but its not a big difference IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back