[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Sep 15, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #766 of 2,108
Fast becoming a new favourite pairing with the BTR7 :relaxed:
20220913_155834.jpg

Sep 15, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #768 of 2,108
Crazy how good Fiios own IEMs and buds sound with their own Bluetooth source. It is like they designed the source to go with them.
+1 for FD7

Not sure if its me only? Recently I feel IEMs have far surpassed full sized cans! I feel many IEMs have started performing at par or even better than full sized cans! Industry focus also seems to be on IEMs with dozens of IEMs being launched every month with varying technologies.. whereas Headphones market remains more or less stagnant!

Sep 15, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #769 of 2,108
Just some fun fact regarding "pocketability" of the devices I caught on "Inventions That Changed the World" documentary today.
This is from Sony's history of their first "pocketable" transistor radio.

It seems that when the TR-63 came out, radios small enough to be slipped into a pocket were known in the US as "pocket" radios. Today the word "pocketable" appears in English dictionaries. We now use it without a second thought, but who would ever guess that it originated as a Japanese-English term invented by Totsuko when it launched the TR-63?

Unfortunately though, the TR-63 was just barely larger than the pocket on a typical businessman's dress shirt. The catch phrase would have lost its punch --- except for a little ruse on Morita's part. He had shirts custom-made for his salesmen featuring a slightly larger pocket.

So it's all just matter of perspective of how big your pocket is. :laughing:

Sep 15, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #770 of 2,108
+1 for FD7
+1 more for the FD7
FD7 was my previous favourite pairing until the FH7S came along (maybe the novelty hasn't worn off yet lol) still enjoying both though. As has been mentioned FiiO's own IEM's do have amazing synergy with their own sources in general 🙂

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #771 of 2,108
Don't know if this question(s) have already been asked...
  • The BTR5 had mic passthrough i.e. if your cable had a mic it would passthrough and be used by the BTR5 instead of the built in mic. Does the BTR7 do the same?
  • If the above is true, if the BTR7 is used as a USB DAC via PC will it recognize the mic either the built in mic on the BTR7 or the one passed through via the cable?
  • Is there a case with a clip or beltloop or something to secure it to a shirt? (Pictures in the gallery show some sort of magnetic strip?)
Never got a reply to this. Could anyone answer any of these questions?

Sep 16, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #774 of 2,108
If you hook the BTR 7 up to your PC, will the USB bypass the battery in order to increase the life-span? I think the 5k does this!

No, but you can turn charging on or off with the side switch.

Sep 16, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #776 of 2,108
Don't know if this question(s) have already been asked...
  • The BTR5 had mic passthrough i.e. if your cable had a mic it would passthrough and be used by the BTR5 instead of the built in mic. Does the BTR7 do the same?
  • If the above is true, if the BTR7 is used as a USB DAC via PC will it recognize the mic either the built in mic on the BTR7 or the one passed through via the cable?
  • Is there a case with a clip or beltloop or something to secure it to a shirt? (Pictures in the gallery show some sort of magnetic strip?)

I have yet to try using the mic, and rarely use the few earphones I have, with a microphone, so I cannot answer either your first or second questions.

On your third question, there is currently no belt loop or anything to use to secure the BTR7 (on the device or the existing case) onto your clothing. That may change with proposed case(s) we have to wait and see.

Sep 16, 2022 at 7:49 PM Post #777 of 2,108
How btr7 compared to m11 plus ess. Is tuning similar? Is it far behind or not so ?
They are similar but slightly different at least if you are using BTR7 wirelessly (I haven't used BTR7 as a wired DAC). M11 Plus is a very neutral source whereas in my opinion I find the BTR7 very slightly boosted in the treble and bass frequencies (using LDAC and no EQ hybrid fast digital filter) kind of like an old school "loudness" button on a boombox but much much more subtle, also I find the soundstage to be more of a holographic presentation than that of the M11 Plus. This is why I personally prefer using both the FiiO FD7 and FH7S with the BTR7 as opposed to the M11 Plus which to my ears sounds better paired with the FH9. In terms of overall sound quality they are similar just one is more neutral than the other but not by much, if you own an M11 Plus ESS you will enjoy the sound from the BTR7 if thats what you are asking :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022 at 3:10 AM Post #778 of 2,108
They are similar but slightly different at least if you are using BTR7 wirelessly (I haven't used BTR7 as a wired DAC). M11 Plus is a very neutral source whereas in my opinion I find the BTR7 very slightly boosted in the treble and bass frequencies (using LDAC and no EQ hybrid fast digital filter) kind of like an old school "loudness" button on a boombox but much much more subtle, also I find the soundstage to be more of a holographic presentation than that of the M11 Plus. This is why I personally prefer using both the FiiO FD7 and FH7S with the BTR7 as opposed to the M11 Plus which to my ears sounds better paired with the FH9. In terms of overall sound quality they are similar just one is more neutral than the other but not by much, if you own an M11 Plus ESS you will enjoy the sound from the BTR7 if thats what you are asking :wink:
Thanks a lot, yes i was looking to know if btr7 isn't too colored or warm compared to m11 plus ess thas is quite neutral as i like a little bit more neutral profile. And seems i should like btr7 in such small package as alternative to bigger daps with it's sound tuning .

Sep 17, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #779 of 2,108
Thanks a lot, yes i was looking to know if btr7 isn't too colored or warm compared to m11 plus ess thas is quite neutral as i like a little bit more neutral profile. And seems i should like btr7 in such small package as alternative to bigger daps with it's sound tuning .
Truthfully I reach for the BTR7 more often than I do for the M11 Plus, so convenient and great sound 🙂

Sep 17, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #780 of 2,108
Never got a reply to this. Could anyone answer any of these questions?
Dear friend,

1. Yes,
2. The microphone is not supported when using the BTR7 as USB DAC. If you would like a USB DAC which supports microphone, you could consider our KA1.
3. No currently.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back