[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Jul 30, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #271 of 2,103
being just happy with useless comments will not help fiio in any way to improve the product.
Stop being Karen. Fiio is not Quedelix, if you like one so much why bother changing.
"Weak spec UI, cheap programming". This is just meaningless, ridiculous, and not constructive at all if you indeed want to provide some feedback to help improve the product.

Jul 30, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #272 of 2,103
Stop being Karen. Fiio is not Quedelix, if you like one so much why bother changing.
"Weak spec UI, cheap programming". This is just meaningless, ridiculous, and not constructive at all if you indeed want to provide some feedback to help improve the product.
Just I was expecting an improvement over qudelix and its two years old product , double price, and it is not. Surprised ? How can you explain the UI quality of the tonebooster features (so not qudelix) a 2.5usd addon to UAPP ? Did you tested peq delivered with all ibasso daps since years ? Now I just expect the only answer from fiio on peq dev and their plans to be on par with competition.
Needless to say I'd strongly support fiio move into peq on all their devices.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #274 of 2,103
Some people just want to watch the world burn complain in a non-constructive way.
If all the fan boys from fiio said it's wonderful, fiio will not spend more resources to develop better peq.

I am a happy owner of the fiio M15 and I wish to have a peq in a high class level. Crossfinger and hope they will continue to develop it !

Jul 30, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #276 of 2,103
If all the fan boys from fiio said it's wonderful, fiio will not spend more resources to develop better peq.

I am a happy owner of the fiio M15 and I wish to have a peq in a high class level. Crossfinger and hope they will continue to develop it !
Allow me to emphasize constructive feedback, not fanboying.

Jul 30, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #278 of 2,103
Jul 30, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #279 of 2,103
When was the last time we've seen a totally polished first market release to begin with? It's like everyone sings the same tune every single time regardless of which Chinese company. The truth is it may sucks to early adaptors but they're there to spot the irregularities and raise the concerns. Good for late adaptors as by the time 6-8 months down the road we're the recipient of a polished product, if of course the company acts upon those irregularities. The real question here is are we so accustomed and or is programed by companies into such practice that they just spit out whatever they can spit out and let the consumer sort out what's wrong and or is lacking instead of their engineers.

Anyway, don't mind me... I still haven't had coffee.

Jul 30, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #281 of 2,103
Sure, the PEQ on BTR7 seems unpolished compared to Qudelix 5K.

But on the other hand, does anyone knows of another BT adapter manufacturer bother to dedicates any effort on implementing PEQ (or an fact make a decent BT controlling app for their BT adapter)? I don't recall.

Yes, the second guy in a race is the first loser. However, that guy is also happened to be the only person willing to participate when the winner is already so far ahead. Other just don't care to compete anymore. I think there are two points: First, Qudelix owner is an exceptional great engineer and 5K is still an exceptional product 2 years after its release because the effort Qudelix puts into it over the year to make it well ahead of all competition. Second, FiiO is not Qudelix, and likely not going to be anywhere as good in programing anytime soon. We will likely never going to get an PEQ as good as 5K on BTR7. If PEQ is the only thing you care on your BT adapter and you find BTR7 a disappointment, I think it is OK just sell your BTR7 or don't pick one up. But on the same time I think we want to give the first loser a little bit of encouragement for not quitting the race. As an old saying goes - if it is easy, everyone will be doing it. The opposite is quite true as well.

Jul 30, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #282 of 2,103
The way any software released these days, online makes later patches and updates possible.
When was the last time you saw a game, even AAA that worked perfectly on the day one, perhaps way back when they were only distributed on CDs.
BTR7 delivers an excellent audio, both BT and USB, features great build quality, and user friendly physical design and interface.
PEQ, I don't use it, so no complaints from me, if it was utterly important, I'd do a better homework before my purchase decision and wait until (and if) it reaches the level that is up to my standards.
Fact that FiiO has already released some version of Custom PEQ should be encouraging for those who cares nonetheless, perfect or not, it's perfectly usable, but yes, as with anything there is always room for improvement.
What is missing really, multiple custom profiles?
How about compiling the detailed list of things you want to see in the consecutive releases.
I am sure FiiO will look at them as they are as interested in improving their product as their loyal user base.

Jul 30, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #283 of 2,103
Firstly without being accused of being a "fanboy" one thing I will say about FiiO is that they have a track record of listening to what their customers actually want and not they think their customers want (scroll through these forums there is plenty of evidence of that over the years), credit where credit is due. Secondly if a refined PEQ is an absolute must then dont buy the BTR7 at this stage and give FiiO a chance to improve their product with firmware updates or dont buy it at all.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #284 of 2,103
Check this link to see the size of the roadmap:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fiio-2022-new-product-schedule-from-jamesfiio.963268/

This is an unmatched push on the market, new hardwares and their firmwares, softwares while still maintaining products on the market.

A very respectable effort and I can wait for PEQ to reach the level of a Lotoo P6K since you are dealing with all this on top.
You raised another valid point, how many companies are this transparent about future releases?

Jul 31, 2022 at 4:12 AM Post #285 of 2,103
The way any software released these days, online makes later patches and updates possible.
When was the last time you saw a game, even AAA that worked perfectly on the day one, perhaps way back when they were only distributed on CDs.
BTR7 delivers an excellent audio, both BT and USB, features great build quality, and user friendly physical design and interface.
PEQ, I don't use it, so no complaints from me, if it was utterly important, I'd do a better homework before my purchase decision and wait until (and if) it reaches the level that is up to my standards.
Fact that FiiO has already released some version of Custom PEQ should be encouraging for those who cares nonetheless, perfect or not, it's perfectly usable, but yes, as with anything there is always room for improvement.
What is missing really, multiple custom profiles?
How about compiling the detailed list of things you want to see in the consecutive releases.
I am sure FiiO will look at them as they are as interested in improving their product as their loyal user base.
I will post a list of reasonable targets for PEQ. Note this is in BTR7 thread, but should be applicable to all fiio DACs, in particular in their top DAPs and utws5. I am a happy owner of many multi brand audio products, and as far as fiio is concerned M11pro, M15, utws5, BTR7, sold as replaced for upgrade utws3 M11 btr52019 X5(iii). I will compile a list, which will also include other audio community claims I do participate in today for Peq.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back