[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Jul 30, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #257 of 2,107
Jul 30, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #259 of 2,107
updated BTR7 with Peq feature. Needless to say it cannot be worse.
- impossible to input negative values
- only a single custom EQ can be saved, cannot name several user profiles.

this is a total failure, please look at tone boosters for UI spec and qudelix for features.
Thanks for the feedback.

Such a pity that FiiO is not able to be reach at least the level of quedelix.

Dissapointing, I will cancel my order.

Jul 30, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #260 of 2,107
Congratulations to the @FiiO Team for putting a first release of the PEQ on the market.
Low Level programming is quite difficult and sure the first release ... is just the first release.
Now there is foundations to consolidate around in the coming months.

Many companies would not even validate the budget to start with.
Thanks to the Product Manager too for this win on the behalf of the end users.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #261 of 2,107
updated BTR7 with Peq feature. Needless to say it cannot be worse.
- impossible to input negative values
- only a single custom EQ can be saved, cannot name several user profiles.

this is a total failure, please look at tone boosters for UI spec and qudelix for features.
Negative values seems to work here.
PEQ is nice addition, and seems to be working very well (I had to manually reboot BTR7 and app after update or it was complaining first that BTR7 is in USB mode), of course single Custom profile is not Quedelix level but inline with most other market offerings.
Kudos for making update so user friendly, start app, connect BTR7 in BT, click on Online Update, done. :)
Comparing to the nightmare of updating FW on ES100 and L&P W2, it's the next gen usability.

Jul 30, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #262 of 2,107
Congratulations to the @FiiO Team for putting a first release of the PEQ on the market.
Low Level programming is quite difficult and sure the first release ... is just the first release.

My thoughts too. We can’t expect perfection on the first release. Programming audio software is not a trivial matter.

Jul 30, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #263 of 2,107

this is not about low level programming here, but UI has weak specs! It does look as a low cost patch over the old EQ UI ...Back to negative values they do not work with samsung keyboard, but work with swiftkey, hope it will be fixed. Ibasso and qudelix already have mature peq since years, time to invest on software.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #265 of 2,107
@Andrew_WOT and @Surf Monkey and @BlueA thank you for bringing class to the discussion! Who knows where FiiO will end up with PEQ - but it is very encouraging that FiiO cared enough to invest in the development.
being just happy with useless comments will not help fiio in any way to improve the product.

Jul 30, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #266 of 2,107
@Andrew_WOT and @Surf Monkey and @BlueA thank you for bringing class to the discussion! Who knows where FiiO will end up with PEQ - but it is very encouraging that FiiO cared enough to invest in the development.
Oh damn It, If customers cant anymore complain about items in order to improved the quality.... we just cant be fan boy and be blind all the time. Damn it

Jul 30, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #267 of 2,107
Oh damn It, If customers cant anymore complain about items in order to improved the quality.... we just cant be fan boy and be blind all the time. Damn it
in particular when we pay full price and feel an alpha quality software.. . It is also a market practice when bringing features later than competition to displace them with superior features, not only superior price.

Jul 30, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #269 of 2,107
Well I do get your point guys.
Mine is some brands would not even dare to put the feature on the market so here is the list of choices for us:

• Not buy a BTR7 but a QDelix
  • Have a BTR7 but no PEQ
  • Have a BTR7 with PEQ that need more iterations
  • Sell your BTR7 because PEQ sucks (please post your classified link here)

Jul 30, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #270 of 2,107
Well I do get your point guys.
Mine is some brands would not even dare to put the feature on the market so here is the list of choices for us:

• Not buy a BTR7 but a QDelix
  • Have a BTR7 but no PEQ
  • Have a BTR7 with PEQ that need more iterations
  • Sell your BTR7 because PEQ sucks (please post your classified link here)

Again, companies have to start somewhere. Knowing what features you want in software is the easy part. Implementing that takes a lot of work and time. The fact that FiiO is this responsive to user feedback is the real story here, not some perceived failings of the PEQ feature. Clearly this release is not written in stone. Based on FiiO’s track record this will be a starting point from which they will build a user focused PEQ that satisfies as many of our use cases as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back