FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)
Nov 5, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #631 of 1,870
I think BTR3 definitely suit your use. ES100 is also comparable functionality-wise, but I like the sound of BTR3 better. Bluewave Get is great if you are driving headphone, but less so with IEM due to the hiss it produces. Sound-wise, I think the Get is better than ES100, but you have to use the aptX HD codec.

I can recommend AT-PHA55BT, but the functionality is limited (no USB DAC support) and can only connect to 1 device at a time. AK XB10 sounds good too, but battery life is too short and also no USB DAC support.

I'm out my home almost all day this is why dac function is important too. And as I said I’m looking for a pc desktop amp too for my weekends at home :)

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #632 of 1,870
Anyone having a problem with the new update? Right after updating the app and firmware i can access the menu Setting-> Fiio BTR3, but after a while (i switch back and forth between Spotify & fiio music app) the menu Setting -> Fiio BTR3 is disappeared from Fiio Music app.

I have the same problem after the update. At first the menu didn't appear at all. After reinstalling Fiio Music the menu appeared on the first run. The second time I opened the app it was gone again.

The other issues are worse though. Using Fiio Music the BTR3 stutters. It seems the unit constantly switch the codec it uses: the logo changes color. On any other apps the volume is whisper quiet.
This is using the 1.0 firmware and Fiio Music 1.0.4 on a phone running Android 7.1.1

Nov 5, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #633 of 1,870
I have the same problem after the update. At first the menu didn't appear at all. After reinstalling Fiio Music the menu appeared on the first run. The second time I opened the app it was gone again.

The other issues are worse though. Using Fiio Music the BTR3 stutters. It seems the unit constantly switch the codec it uses: the logo changes color. On any other apps the volume is whisper quiet.
This is using the 1.0 firmware and Fiio Music 1.0.4 on a phone running Android 7.1.1

The app isn't useable on Samsung S8+ I just want to see what i can view on the BTR. Id never use their music app...

Nov 5, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #634 of 1,870
Just bought BTR3 and updated to FW v. 1.0. Really amazing improvement compared to my Galaxy S9 stock DAC.Everything works as it should (aside from reversed track skip on volume control).

I've got only one problem: LHDC (HWA) does not seem to work for me. Everytime I try to force turn LHDC on the playback stops, then stutters for a couple of seconds and stops completely with blue light blinking (as in standby mode). The same happens in Fiio Music app and in Hiby Music app. Anybody encountered this? Really want to compare LHDC to LDAC.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #635 of 1,870
Just bought BTR3 and updated to FW v. 1.0. Really amazing improvement compared to my Galaxy S9 stock.......I've got only one problem: LHDC (HWA) does not seem to work for me.

I did not know the Galaxy S9 supports LHDC. Do you see LHDC as an option when you look at the Bluetooth Codecs on your phone (in Developer Options and probably elsewhere).

Nov 5, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #636 of 1,870
I did not know the Galaxy S9 supports LHDC. Do you see LHDC as an option when you look at the Bluetooth Codecs on your phone (in Developer Options and probably elsewhere).
Lol, no, S9 does not support LHDC. You're right. I guess I was mislead by the fact that it can be force turned on in the app (unlike any other codec). Thanks anyway :)
Upd. I was also misled by the fact that it actually works for a couple of seconds.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #637 of 1,870
I bought this dac 2 days ago.
On pair with Iphone X the sound quality is quite good, but the quality of BT-receiver is awfull.
Periodically the music stutters (while btr3 is attached to the front side of my shorts and the phone is in my back pocket)
And of course I cant listen to it when my phone is in another room of my flat. It should be near with me or on me(in my front side pocket)
And The volume is not enough for me on heavy flacs(My iems are Rhapsodio Solar)
I wish I bought radsone es100

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #638 of 1,870
On pair with Iphone X the sound quality is quite good, but the quality of BT-receiver is awfull.
Periodically the music stutters (while btr3 is attached to the front side of my shorts and the phone is in my back pocket)
And of course I cant listen to it when my phone is in another room of my flat. It should be near with me or on me(in my front side pocket)

Complete opposite for me - iPhone SE. 10m and two walls and still get clear audio. Absolutely no cut-outs, and same when used portably (phone in pocket on left, receiver clipped to shirt.

What fw are you using?

Nov 6, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #640 of 1,870
Seems weird doesn't it - the BTR3 to me is my constant companion - simply because the BT connection is so good ......

Nov 6, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #641 of 1,870

Complete opposite for me - iPhone SE. 10m and two walls and still get clear audio. Absolutely no cut-outs, and same when used portably (phone in pocket on left, receiver clipped to shirt.

What fw are you using?

It’s supposed iPhone doesn’t works with Bluetooth HD codecs and uses aac instead isn’t it?

Nov 6, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #642 of 1,870
It’s supposed iPhone doesn’t works with Bluetooth HD codecs and uses aac instead isn’t it?

Yep - he said he was using an iPhone X - so he'd be using AAC as well.

I've tested all the codecs using both FiiO M9 and iPhone & I can't tell a difference. AAC was designed to be audibly transparent - so I don't see an issue.

Nov 6, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #643 of 1,870
Yep - he said he was using an iPhone X - so he'd be using AAC as well.

I've tested all the codecs using both FiiO M9 and iPhone & I can't tell a difference. AAC was designed to be audibly transparent - so I don't see an issue.
Just asking, because i didn’t know if I was too dumb I didn’t know how enable aptx hd

Nov 6, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #644 of 1,870
Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #645 of 1,870
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back