1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by FiiO, Aug 8, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
Next

Last
  1. emirikol
    I'm out my home almost all day this is why dac function is important too. And as I said I’m looking for a pc desktop amp too for my weekends at home :)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  2. FrankW86
    I have the same problem after the update. At first the menu didn't appear at all. After reinstalling Fiio Music the menu appeared on the first run. The second time I opened the app it was gone again.

The other issues are worse though. Using Fiio Music the BTR3 stutters. It seems the unit constantly switch the codec it uses: the logo changes color. On any other apps the volume is whisper quiet.
    This is using the 1.0 firmware and Fiio Music 1.0.4 on a phone running Android 7.1.1

3. Darkestred
    The app isn't useable on Samsung S8+ I just want to see what i can view on the BTR. Id never use their music app...

4. polarbipolar
    Just bought BTR3 and updated to FW v. 1.0. Really amazing improvement compared to my Galaxy S9 stock DAC.Everything works as it should (aside from reversed track skip on volume control).

I've got only one problem: LHDC (HWA) does not seem to work for me. Everytime I try to force turn LHDC on the playback stops, then stutters for a couple of seconds and stops completely with blue light blinking (as in standby mode). The same happens in Fiio Music app and in Hiby Music app. Anybody encountered this? Really want to compare LHDC to LDAC.

5. Ggroch
    I did not know the Galaxy S9 supports LHDC. Do you see LHDC as an option when you look at the Bluetooth Codecs on your phone (in Developer Options and probably elsewhere).

6. polarbipolar
    Lol, no, S9 does not support LHDC. You're right. I guess I was mislead by the fact that it can be force turned on in the app (unlike any other codec). Thanks anyway :)
    Upd. I was also misled by the fact that it actually works for a couple of seconds.

7. deniska80
    I bought this dac 2 days ago.
    On pair with Iphone X the sound quality is quite good, but the quality of BT-receiver is awfull.
    Periodically the music stutters (while btr3 is attached to the front side of my shorts and the phone is in my back pocket)
    And of course I cant listen to it when my phone is in another room of my flat. It should be near with me or on me(in my front side pocket)
    And The volume is not enough for me on heavy flacs(My iems are Rhapsodio Solar)
    I wish I bought radsone es100

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  8. Brooko Contributor
    Complete opposite for me - iPhone SE. 10m and two walls and still get clear audio. Absolutely no cut-outs, and same when used portably (phone in pocket on left, receiver clipped to shirt.

What fw are you using?

9. deniska80
    Updated to the latest(1.0).

10. Brooko Contributor
    Seems weird doesn't it - the BTR3 to me is my constant companion - simply because the BT connection is so good ......

11. emirikol
    It’s supposed iPhone doesn’t works with Bluetooth HD codecs and uses aac instead isn’t it?

12. Brooko Contributor
    Yep - he said he was using an iPhone X - so he'd be using AAC as well.

I've tested all the codecs using both FiiO M9 and iPhone & I can't tell a difference. AAC was designed to be audibly transparent - so I don't see an issue.

13. emirikol
    Just asking, because i didn’t know if I was too dumb I didn’t know how enable aptx hd

14. voon
    Are you sure? On my S9+, I can put it into developer mode and then select LDAC as the BT codec.

(https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/activate-developer-options-your-galaxy-s9-0183344/)

15. polarbipolar
First

Back
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
Next

Last