FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)
Nov 4, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #616 of 1,870
Anyone having a problem with the new update? Right after updating the app and firmware i can access the menu Setting-> Fiio BTR3, but after a while (i switch back and forth between Spotify & fiio music app) the menu Setting -> Fiio BTR3 is disappeared from Fiio Music app.

Nov 5, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #622 of 1,870
With the new App I can access BTR3 settings. But while the whole app runs in german, the BTR3 settings are only displayed in chinese letters. Is there a way to change this?

EDIT: Curiously the FIIO App showed up for update in the Play Store a second time (same version). Afterwards everything worked fine.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #624 of 1,870
The BTR3 just released not too long ago... I doubt BTR5 will release anytime soon. I don't think it's a bad idea to get BTR3 when a refresh or successor is still a long way to go.

That said, Shanling have a new receiver coming up. It might be a good idea to hold off buying BTR3 to see what Shanling have to offer. As of now, the BTR3 remains one, if not the best, bluetooth receiver.

Nov 5, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #625 of 1,870
The BTR3 just released not too long ago... I doubt BTR5 will release anytime soon. I don't think it's a bad idea to get BTR3 when a refresh or successor is still a long way to go.

That said, Shanling have a new receiver coming up. It might be a good idea to hold off buying BTR3 to see what Shanling have to offer. As of now, the BTR3 remains one, if not the best, bluetooth receiver.
I have supposed BTR5 would hit another target not the same that BTR3, but maybe just a next gen :/

Nov 5, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #626 of 1,870
FiiO Bluetooth receiver lineup is already confusing as it is. Of course, I would be interested if they decided to make a higher-end version. But it's not something I see it happening anytime soon, especially as BTR3 just hit the market.

Nov 5, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #627 of 1,870
FiiO Bluetooth receiver lineup is already confusing as it is. Of course, I would be interested if they decided to make a higher-end version. But it's not something I see it happening anytime soon, especially as BTR3 just hit the market.
Then I'll wait a bit for the Shanling device to make a decision.

PS: To be honest I know nothing about Shanling product line, I was just looking to buy a good portable bluetooth device in order for everyday and a pc amp(I almost bought the E10K or even Q1MKII but now Im waiting for the new k3 but I would take in consideration any other you would recommend me :) )

Nov 5, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #629 of 1,870
Then I'll wait a bit for the Shanling device to make a decision.

PS: To be honest I know nothing about Shanling product line, I was just looking to buy a good portable bluetooth device in order for everyday and a pc amp(I almost bought the E10K or even Q1MKII but now Im waiting for the new k3 but I would take in consideration any other you would recommend me :) )

I think BTR3 definitely suit your use. ES100 is also comparable functionality-wise, but I like the sound of BTR3 better. Bluewave Get is great if you are driving headphone, but less so with IEM due to the hiss it produces. Sound-wise, I think the Get is better than ES100, but you have to use the aptX HD codec.

I can recommend AT-PHA55BT, but the functionality is limited (no USB DAC support) and can only connect to 1 device at a time. AK XB10 sounds good too, but battery life is too short and also no USB DAC support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back