FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)
Aug 10, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #46 of 1,870
BTR3 used CSR8675 which can supports Bluetooth 5.0 , but you can only use bluetooth 4.2 if you want to install the LDAC/aptX HD , anyway, the bluetooth audio does not benefit from 5.0 which is most for BLE device.
Ah, nice.
Now we know the M9 will also have Bluetooth 4.2 :wink:
Hope there will more info and prices on the M9 soon. And a nice bundle offer with the F9 Pro :wink:

Aug 10, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #48 of 1,870
@JamesFiiO Thanks for clearing that up.

Does it support balanced mode via adapter such as Fiio L26?

What exactly would you gain by first sending the signal via Bluetooth and then splitting it up again?

Aug 10, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #51 of 1,870
Lol yeah make sense :p. But EarStudio ES100 has dedicated 2.5mm. And I feel bad for my extra F5 balanced cable.
Aren't there loads of 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapters on the market for close to nothing?
Or don't these work (I'm still in my pre-balanced period)?

Aug 10, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #52 of 1,870
What exactly would you gain by first sending the signal via Bluetooth and then splitting it up again?
Even if you send it through BT it’s still a left and a right channel, so you can still do a balanced output. The ES100 has it, the Astell & Kern XB10 has it too... I have both of these and their sound quality is amazing. Since I use them for hours each day thanks to lots of conference calls, I am always on the lookout for the next good one haha.

Will surely get the BTR3 as well to check it out.

Aug 10, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #53 of 1,870
Aren't there loads of 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapters on the market for close to nothing?

Once it’s single ended, you can’t make it balanced. However true balanced makes only sense if you have balanced amp as well, which the BTR3 doesn’t have, so no point really. Balanced enhances channel separation, noise and usually has a higher power output.

You can connect a balanced headphone with an adapter to a single ended output, but NOT the other way round otherwise you short circuit the balanced amp if you connect a single ended plug to it.

Cheers.

Aug 10, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #54 of 1,870
@JamesFiiO Thanks for clearing that up.

Does it support balanced mode via adapter such as Fiio L26?
You can turn balanced analogue into single ended analogue. You can't turn single ended analogue into balanced analogue. You can turn red and green paint into yellow (by mixing them), but you cannot turn yellow into red and green.

Bluetooth is digital. Sound for the left and right speakers are carried by separate channels. There's no mixing.

Plugs don't make any difference. Balanced is 2.5mm, so idiots won't plug their single ended headphones / IEMs into it.

Aug 10, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #55 of 1,870
Plugs don't make any difference. Balanced is 2.5mm, so idiots won't plug their single ended headphones / IEMs into it.

Ehm... But some people have IEMs with a balanced cable and want to use it with a player or a bluetooth receiver that has a -non balanced- 3.5mm jack.
For them it's good there are adapters.

Aug 11, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #56 of 1,870
Even if you send it through BT it’s still a left and a right channel, so you can still do a balanced output. The ES100 has it, the Astell & Kern XB10 has it too... I have both of these and their sound quality is amazing. Since I use them for hours each day thanks to lots of conference calls, I am always on the lookout for the next good one haha.

Will surely get the BTR3 as well to check it out.
When you will, please make a little comparison, the ES100 is quite great in ldac and the EQ apears to introduce no artifacts in the sound (and is very powerfull)

Aug 11, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #57 of 1,870
When you will, please make a little comparison, the ES100 is quite great in ldac and the EQ apears to introduce no artifacts in the sound (and is very powerfull)

My pleasure I will do for sure.

Cheers!

Aug 12, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #59 of 1,870
Hey folks.

I just picked up the BTR3 from a store here in China, as well at the new FH5 IEM's.
I tested the BTR3 in the store and thought the output power was very good matched with these earphones, I was wondering the exact specs of the output power? some places say 25mw, and others say it is higher? also,... I remember seeing a smartphone app that links to the the BTR3, but I have no idea where to download it, any ideas? I think it was just a EQ and a few other things. The box that I got looks like it may have been a early sample or something, as it says that "The final product may differ in apper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back