FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)
Aug 12, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #61 of 1,870
Oh I just realised that its actually the Android Fiio smart phone app that apparently allows you to adjust the EQ and things on the BTR3, just installed the beta so will check it out.
Hi.
Congrats on the purchase. What does the Android/iOS FiiO Music App do that the normal Android/iPhone cannot? I’m curious as the description on the App Store doesn’t tell me much.
Thanks.

Aug 12, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #62 of 1,870
Hi.
Congrats on the purchase. What does the Android/iOS FiiO Music App do that the normal Android/iPhone cannot? I’m curious as the description on the App Store doesn’t tell me much.
Thanks.
As far as I know, it is just another music player app. It is actually not in the Google Playstore, you have to side load it onto Android phones. I normally use the Hiby player app, or just PowerAmp. My main Device to listen to audio on is my AK70MKII which is very nice and paired with wither the new FH5 from FiiO, or the Campfire Audio Polaris, the 2.5mm output has plenty of power. But for those times I need my phone, I will use this BTR3.

I will test out the FiiO app later, Im interested to see if I can find the settings screen that they showed for the BTR3 in this thread.

Aug 12, 2018 at 6:11 AM Post #63 of 1,870
But for those times I need my phone, I will use this BTR3.

I will test out the FiiO app later, Im interested to see if I can find the settings screen that they showed for the BTR3 in this thread.

Yes I ordered the BTR3 for use with my iPhone when I’m too lazy to use my DAPs as the iPhone is always with me. I downloaded the FiiO app first and don’t see an obvious setting for a BTR3.

Aug 12, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #65 of 1,870
Nope can't find anything that looked like the picture FiiO showed here. Perhaps it is an additional app, or it is only for iPhone? I'm using the FiiO Music app version 0.1.0beta
---en_14.jpg

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #71 of 1,870
I did get a response from Fiio, they said:

"Hi, firstly thanks for your purchasding the FiiO BTR3. Yes, we will release a new firmware for the BTR3 later. And you could upgrade it by yourself at that time. Actually the Android app is FiiO Music app, and we will add BTR3 option to that app later"

Aug 13, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #73 of 1,870
so the firmware is upgradeable?

My shipping agent got both the btr3 and 40cm mmcx cable today, surprised how fast tmall packages ship domestically in china.

Yeah it sounds like they will be releasing firmware updates, though i'm not sure how they will be installed on the device, maybe via a computer app or smart phone app?
Tmall does indeed ship very fast, Im living and working in China, and found the local markets in Shenzhen seem to get the products before they even start shipping via online retailers.

I am now in need of a balanced cable for my FH5 earphones, I was using the cheap one from FiiO, but it is not great quality and the cable started to yellow after about 1 month of use. I will wait for the LC-2.5C or LC-2.5B to be available, they look far better quality... though I'm not sure what the difference is between them, or if they would make and sound difference? I discovered it is also very hard to find quality cables in China, most markets just sell "DIY" at high prices, but carry zero information about what they are, and the sellers have no idea either.

Aug 13, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #74 of 1,870
ordered the tin audio t2, hopefully the 40cm fiio cable will fit.

Was there any answer if the btr3 supported fiio l26? so not have to change from balanced cables on the earbuds.

Aug 13, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #75 of 1,870
ordered the tin audio t2, hopefully the 40cm fiio cable will fit.

Was there any answer if the btr3 supported fiio l26? so not have to change from balanced cables on the earbuds.

Im not sure but I assume so, as it is just a cable that changes your 2.5mm to 3.5mm to fit into the BTR3. Obviously this does not make the BTR3 balanced, but good if you don't want to swap the whole cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back