FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)
Jun 2, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #1,321 of 1,870
I updated the ios app to the latest version. My BTR3 tough was still at 1.0 so I coudlnt use the EQ.
I tried updating the BTR3. Put it in DFU mode and connected it to the computer.

The computer didnt recognize it correclty and now the BTR3 is simply dead, the leds won't give any sign of life no matters what button I press.

edit: nevermind i managed to do it

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #1,323 of 1,870
No. You can use whichever CODAC you'd like, from the ones available in the app and supported by the paired devices.
Must be missing something - i get the green pulsing light when i play music from Fiio app to my Samsung GS10
But as soon as i leave the fiio app it reverts to Blue (sbc) or ldac if i select that in BT settings
Odd

Jun 2, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #1,324 of 1,870
I updated the ios app to the latest version. My BTR3 tough was still at 1.0 so I coudlnt use the EQ.
I tried updating the BTR3. Put it in DFU mode and connected it to the computer.

The computer didnt recognize it correclty and now the BTR3 is simply dead, the leds won't give any sign of life no matters what button I press.

edit: nevermind i managed to do it

I have the same issue, how did you manage to do it?

Jun 2, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #1,325 of 1,870
I have the same issue, how did you manage to do it?
My pc saw the BTR3 as an "unrecognized Bluetooth Device". I right clicked it and unistalled the drivers. I unplugged the BTR3.

I took a shower and when I returned the BTR3 was ON again. Before trying again to update it I first installed the driver given by FIIO and then plugged the device in DFU mode. then everything worked.

Jun 2, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #1,326 of 1,870
My pc saw the BTR3 as an "unrecognized Bluetooth Device". I right clicked it and unistalled the drivers. I unplugged the BTR3.

I took a shower and when I returned the BTR3 was ON again. Before trying again to update it I first installed the driver given by FIIO and then plugged the device in DFU mode. then everything worked.

Thank you, my pc does not see it as unrecognized bluetooth or in usb. will continue to plug away

UPDATE: Holding the power button for about 15 seconds got me out of dfu mode. Looks like I may not be able to upgrade? tried on a win 7 computer and a win 10. As much as I enjoy Fiio products (this is probably my 8th device) it may be time to seek an alternative.

UPDATE 2: Using a true usb-c cable matters. I am all set

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #1,328 of 1,870
For those of you who have updated, which guide did you follow, video or written? because at the upgrade action screen in the video he selects the middle option, in the written guide it shows the top one selected?

Jun 2, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #1,331 of 1,870
I just ran DfuWizard.exe and pointed to the folder where I downloaded the dfu file
I'm referring to the option below, in the video he selects the middle option, from the guide (picture below) its the top selected.

644777.png

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #1,333 of 1,870
Selected the top one as in the written guide.
Never watched the video :sunglasses:

Jun 2, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #1,334 of 1,870
Must be missing something - i get the green pulsing light when i play music from Fiio app to my Samsung GS10
But as soon as i leave the fiio app it reverts to Blue (sbc) or ldac if i select that in BT settings
Odd
The green light is the HWA codec which is only supported via Fiio music app. It is not a system wide codec (unless your phone supports it natively). With other apps, you need to select the codec to use with the BTR3 (LDAC being the best).
I have found the HWA codec to be very unstable. As soon as you pause Fiio music or do something on your phone, the connection is dropped (even with latest firmware). In terms of sound quality, I hear no noticeable difference to LDAC, so I turn off the HWA setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back