FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)
May 30, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #1,293 of 1,870
So, the EQ only works for media played via the Fiio app? and not a device wide embedded EQ?
I use Poweramp as my music player app, its EQ is amazing, but I use MX Player Pro for videos and that has no EQ.
I was hoping, and what I had understood from previous posts that was said the EQ would be a devices saved thing and would stick no matter what u paired it to, like if i set the EQ for higher bass, it would stick if i paired the BTR3 to my Windows laptop...etc.

Also, EQ does not function with LDAC!!? The main reason I bough this product in the first place is because it supported LDAC......

Quite the disappointment.

May 30, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #1,296 of 1,870
So, the EQ only works for media played via the Fiio app? and not a device wide embedded EQ?
It is a device-stored EQ (as you previously understood) otherwise a firmware update would not have been needed.

Yeah, I can't even tell if the EQ is on or off... Completely unlike the ES100
Have you tried resetting the BTR3 after updating (as mentioned in the update instructions)?

May 30, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #1,297 of 1,870
It is a device-stored EQ (as you previously understood) otherwise a firmware update would not have been needed.

Have you tried resetting the BTR3 after updating (as mentioned in the update instructions)?

Yes, I also noticed that it doesn't work with LDAC... So if you're content without using LDAC it works. But it does work in other apps and not just in the Fiio music player.

It wouldn't be a huge deal if my device supported Aptx HD, but for some reason the S10 doesn't do that.

I do love the hardware of the BTR3, in that regard its way superior compared to the ES100, but ES100's software just blows the BTR3 away.

Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #1,298 of 1,870
Even says on their official release page that it doesn't support LDAC... *** -.-

". The Equalizer only works when streaming in the SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX-HD and HWA(48kHz or lower) codec. It does not work for the LDAC codec. "

https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/244621.html

Such a disappointment, why can Radsone make it work with LDAC, their company is tiny compared to Fiio.

May 30, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #1,299 of 1,870
Yes, I also noticed that it doesn't work with LDAC...
Even says on their official release page that it doesn't support LDAC... *** -.-

". The Equalizer only works when streaming in the SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX-HD and HWA(48kHz or lower) codec. It does not work for the LDAC codec. "

https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/244621.html

Such a disappointment, why can Radsone make it work with LDAC, their company is tiny compared to Fiio.
Did you not check the link fiio posted, all that info is listed there.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...hd-ldac-hwa-lhdc.886101/page-86#post-14981274

May 30, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #1,300 of 1,870
May 30, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #1,302 of 1,870
I had to disable the LDAC in the "Bluetooth CODAC" menu, though my phone doesn't even supports it, to get the EQ to work globally. It might solve the issue of "EQ is on, but makes no audible difference" for some.

S90530-20441121.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back