FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)
Apr 26, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #1,201 of 1,870
You don't understand. Volume it's at maximum on both phone and BTR3. But it's not working at high volume until i pair it again 2-3 times. After that, if i'm not using it for a few hours, when i use it again, it's low volume. I unpair and pair it again and voila: high volume without making any other settings on volume or something else.
Dear friend,
Which Bluetooth codec are you using in your mobile phone?
Please try to reset the BTR3 by holding the power button for at least 10s or holding the volume +&- for 5s to see if it helps?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 26, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #1,202 of 1,870
Screenshot_20190426-132206_Google Play Store.jpg
Just updated Fiio music app, eq is there

Apr 26, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #1,204 of 1,870
I am using LDAC codec. I already tried that procedure, but no result.
Whenever the BTR3 wants, he works at low volume with the Samsung S9. If i unpair and pair again the phone, it works properly.
I already purchased the Audioengine B1 and will send back the BTR3.

May 1, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #1,205 of 1,870
I've had the BTR3 since Dec. and I've finally given up on it. The connectivity is absolutely terrible. If I'm outside I can have the phone literally 4' away from me with no obstruction and it struggles. Inside is better but even with my phone in my back pocket it cuts out. I've managed to live with it until today when I can't get it to function reliably at all. This is on an LGv30 and set to best connectivity in the settings.

Looking for suggestions for a replacement. This should never have been sold.

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #1,206 of 1,870
I've had mine for approximately the same time. Works perfect for me. Maybe you got a defective unit? Have you tried connecting different devices?

May 1, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #1,207 of 1,870
I've had the BTR3 since Dec. and I've finally given up on it. The connectivity is absolutely terrible. If I'm outside I can have the phone literally 4' away from me with no obstruction and it struggles. Inside is better but even with my phone in my back pocket it cuts out. I've managed to live with it until today when I can't get it to function reliably at all. This is on an LGv30 and set to best connectivity in the settings.

I find if i'm out and about in a city and have anything using LDAC the connectivity is super glitchy

I bought some Sony 1000XM3's and in London yesterday they were frankly unusable with the phone in a pocket on the front of my jacket and the headphones using LDAC
Had to bring the phone super close to stabilise
SBC codec worked flawlessly .... seems to be a the codec has much less margin for interruption than other codecs

May 1, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #1,208 of 1,870
I find if i'm out and about in a city and have anything using LDAC the connectivity is super glitchy

I bought some Sony 1000XM3's and in London yesterday they were frankly unusable with the phone in a pocket on the front of my jacket and the headphones using LDAC
Had to bring the phone super close to stabilise
SBC codec worked flawlessly .... seems to be a the codec has much less margin for interruption than other codecs

I'm not really in a city but that sounds like my troubles. I'm going to figure out how to change the codecs then.
Thanks.

I've had mine for approximately the same time. Works perfect for me. Maybe you got a defective unit? Have you tried connecting different devices?

I havent tried as I only use this at work. As above, I'm going to try to get it off LDAC but I'm having trouble figuring out how to do that.

When I bought this, the retailer said that if I wanted sound quality, choose this model but if i wanted stable connection then I should choose the btr1.

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #1,209 of 1,870
I havent tried as I only use this at work. As above, I'm going to try to get it off LDAC.
I only use LDAC with my phone. Definitely try different codecs to see if you can get a stable connection.

May 1, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #1,210 of 1,870
In general i find bluetooth to be highly sensitive to environment. The noisier (in terms of other BT devices, EM background, wifi, mobiles, walls, tech) the worse my devices perform.
Walking around my home area which is a typical suburb i have significantly less issues and generally solid connection using LDAC even.
Yesterday i was on the London Underground and around Canary Wharf and it was completely un-listenable. with LDAC

May 1, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #1,211 of 1,870
Well I don't know what it is but it was completely unusable today. But in hindsight, there's never been a day where I haven't had to move my phone from my back pocket to a table or have it cut out if I get more than 15' away. This is on the "most stable" setting so I've been really unimpressed with the performance. Compared to the Shure 215BT set up I had, I could leave my phone in another room and it would still work.
Considering all this, I probably can't sell it in good conscience so I'll probably just give it away..

May 2, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #1,212 of 1,870
I downloaded the Fiio app to try to work with the codecs but the app drops connection after 10-15 secs everytime. This btr3 was bought in Nov and I think I recall the retailer telling me it was up to date. I tried to update it and it did not work.

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #1,213 of 1,870
Well I don't know what it is but it was completely unusable today. But in hindsight, there's never been a day where I haven't had to move my phone from my back pocket to a table or have it cut out if I get more than 15' away. This is on the "most stable" setting so I've been really unimpressed with the performance. Compared to the Shure 215BT set up I had, I could leave my phone in another room and it would still work.
Considering all this, I probably can't sell it in good conscience so I'll probably just give it away..

if you are looking to give it away - I'd be happy to help you out... haha

May 2, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #1,215 of 1,870

Users who are viewing this thread

Back