FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)
Sep 16, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #393 of 1,870
Well I just want to thank Fiio for making this device and more importantly, making it available in India.
I'm a new entrant into good audio and the btr3 has been quite an upgrade over my previous sony sbh20 :p...i know this is gonna serve me well till I can save up for a dac+amp/dap.
And btw, here in India the es100 costs 16k while this cost me 5k...cheers!

Sep 18, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #394 of 1,870
Is this the answer if i want to stream music like spotify and tidal tru my iphone? I dont want to use the ligthning dongle adaptor and i wanted to use my 3.5mm iems.. will this be a good buy for me?

Sorry for being noob. Was in hiatus from HF for about 3 yrs..

Sep 18, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #395 of 1,870
Is this the answer if i want to stream music like spotify and tidal tru my iphone? I dont want to use the ligthning dongle adaptor and i wanted to use my 3.5mm iems.....

It should be a great choice for your purposes using an iPhone/IOS.

You might check out the IOS centric review of the BTR3 that was just posted on ilounge.

They rate it A- and suggest some pluses in using it with an iPhone:

1 - Independent 30 step Bluetooth Volume control. The review says IOS Bluetooth volume control is limited to 16 steps. This can be a problem with sensitive IEMs as each step will boost or cut the sound quite a bit so it can be difficult to dial in what you want. With the BTR3 you should get both the finer 30 step volume control built in to it, plus the 16 step in the iPhone (use one or the other or both). This could be an important advantage for IEM users.

2- Support for the less lossey AAC codec.

Some of negatives would include, iPhone does not support any aptx flavors...so you will not get Aptx HD or LLC Benefits. I do not have an iPhone so I have not personally tried this combo or know how well the Fiio Music Player app for IOS works. Perhaps others can chime in on that.

Sep 18, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #397 of 1,870
Maybe I'm blind, but are there any firmware updates already released?
I just noticed, there is a new tutorial for updating the firmware by fiio.
On Chinese version there are 2 firmware updates but I don't know if the device outside China already had them installed. I updated but could not hear/see any difference.

Right now my feelings are still mixed about BTR3... I have to add I also have ES100. Combination of both would be perfect but both of them have some flaws.
Especially the USB DAC functionality of BTR3 is really strange. For me it's hit an miss to enable/use it. And only 16Bit is supported.
I am able to use HWA codec natively with Huawei but for the rest of the phones you can use it if your phone supports LDAC and then enable HWA option in the official FiiO player. Can't say if there is any improvement over LDAC.
Also combined volume/track change buttons are not my thing... On the other side it's built very well and sound is good. Also connection stability seems to be better then with ES100.

Sep 18, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #399 of 1,870
It should be a great choice for your purposes using an iPhone/IOS.

You might check out the IOS centric review of the BTR3 that was just posted on ilounge.

They rate it A- and suggest some pluses in using it with an iPhone:

1 - Independent 30 step Bluetooth Volume control. The review says IOS Bluetooth volume control is limited to 16 steps. This can be a problem with sensitive IEMs as each step will boost or cut the sound quite a bit so it can be difficult to dial in what you want. With the BTR3 you should get both the finer 30 step volume control built in to it, plus the 16 step in the iPhone (use one or the other or both). This could be an important advantage for IEM users.

2- Support for the less lossey AAC codec.

Some of negatives would include, iPhone does not support any aptx flavors...so you will not get Aptx HD or LLC Benefits. I do not have an iPhone so I have not personally tried this combo or know how well the Fiio Music Player app for IOS works. Perhaps others can chime in on that.

Wow! Thanks for the reply! Will check on it..

Sep 18, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #400 of 1,870
Your DG50 has APTx Low Latency...which is probably the best codec for Movies in terms of sound/video sync. So I would try it out first before upgrading.

It is possible that if you purchased a USB adapter with Aptx HD (they are not easy to find) the sound would improve slightly...but the latency would be worst. At the moment, there is no way I know of to force the BTR3 to use a particular codec...and on my Optical Bluetooth Transmitter that has both APTx HD and LL...it defaults to the higher latency APTx HD.

What brand and model of optical transmitter do you own?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back