[FiiO BTR15/BTR5 2021/BTR5]Bluetooth DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Oct 30, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #2,749 of 3,670
Has anyone heard the Ifi audio hip dac 2. Is this better or same as btr5 2021 relative to sound quality
Haven't heard it, but some store owner points out IFI to me for upgrade from my Dragonfly black or BTR5.

In an outline, its depend on your need, IFI Hip DAC 2 is by far larger than BTR5.
With its size, it came with bigger battery and much more power. Enough power to run more thirsty Headphones.
It also pricier which helps it to have better hardware (better Xmos for PC-DAC)

But its no small bluetooth dongle (XDSD is the bluetooth one). so slightly different usability.

Oct 31, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #2,751 of 3,670
I get a second hand Aria and hears static noise on some song, i thought it was my second hand aria or its old balanced cable that making the noise
After changing cable, tips, filters, and sources, it seems its the source that cause the noise.

apparently my BTR5 develop static noises and it getting somewhat more audible in many songs.:sob:
is there any fix for this?
Dear friend,

Which output are you using? And does the same issue remain when using another headphone?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 1, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #2,752 of 3,670
Dear friend,

Which output are you using? And does the same issue remain when using another headphone?

Best regards
I tried it with both 3.5mm and 2.5mm and both have occasional crackling noise.
It begun crackling with the 2.5mm jack on certain songs like beginning part of Hayley Sorry.
Later it begun to pops out in 3.5mm as well, spread to multiple songs from lewis capaldi to normal youtube vids.
It seems the crackling static noise louder in 2.5mm jack.

Before i know its BTR5 that causes the sound,
i have tried to change the cable of the iem from 2.5mm to 3.5mm.
i have tried to change from iem to headphone.
i have tried to change from phone bluetooth to laptop wired.
The crackling noise still there, so i concluded it caused by BTR5.

In recommendation by fellow BTR5 user in Reddit, he ask to alter the setting through fiio app.
I rarely change use the app or change the setting until this moment.
I change from Apo2 to Apo1, and raise the load from somewhat default 8 to 32
The crackling noise volume seems to be reduced after the change.
It seems to be barely there with 3.5mm through spotify bluetooth by still there in youtube vids.
And it still definitely there but either lower in volume or i get used to it on wired laptop usage.

Weirdly now, while using youtube, normal video barely cause the crackling static but music video does.
Not sure whether its triggered by sound in certain freq or something else.

oh, to note my Fiio BTR5 is nearly 1.5 year old and is my daily driver. always in the plastic clip for protection and easier carry.
used for blueooth dongle for smartphone during work or travel and used as USB DAC for my laptop at home.
---
edited for easier read,
---
Anyhow thank you for the response

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #2,753 of 3,670
Hello guys.
I was just wondering how is BTR5 paired with Fiio's FD5?
I was just considering it as my on-the-go solution...

Nov 10, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #2,754 of 3,670
Hello guys.

I have used my FD5 with the BTR5 with no issues at all. I am using 2.5 mm balanced; easy to do with the FD5 swappable plugs...

Nov 10, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #2,755 of 3,670
Hello guys.

It pairs really well with the 2.5m balanced output, more than enough power for on-the-go. FD5 responds well to EQ too.

Nov 10, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #2,760 of 3,670
BTR5 (old version) is very linear and neutral so it is a pretty good match with everything so I wouldn't worry.
Power from the balanced output is more than enough.
How about the new version, I don't think there's a big difference, only MQA added and newer ESS chip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back