[FiiO BTR15/BTR5 2021/BTR5]Bluetooth DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Dec 9, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #226 of 3,647
Waiting on mine.

Anyone know if this will work with iPhone using Lightning to microUSB OTG cable ?

Maybe @FiiO can confirm this.

Cable like this one as opposed to using Camera kit.

90 Degree Elbow DAC AMP HiFi OTG Cable For Lightning To Micro USB For iPhone iOS 10 To 12 With Decoders Pure Copper Core
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/AQ4VoERkX

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #227 of 3,647
Waiting on mine.

Anyone know if this will work with iPhone using Lightning to microUSB OTG cable ?

90 Degree Elbow DAC AMP HiFi OTG Cable For Lightning To Micro USB For iPhone iOS 10 To 12 With Decoders Pure Copper Core
The BTR5 uses USB-C, not Micro USB

Dec 9, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #228 of 3,647
Dec 9, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #229 of 3,647
Advancedmp3players just updated my order status to 'Picking' woop woop :D

Can't wait! I plan to play with the app features and use it as a BT/USB DAC+amp with my laptop at work,
with my MB660 that has a mic so will look how good the mic input is, too.

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #230 of 3,647
Advancedmp3players just updated my order status to 'Picking' woop woop :D

Can't wait! I plan to play with the app features and use it as a BT/USB DAC+amp with my laptop at work,
with my MB660 that has a mic so will look how good the mic input is, too.
Mines despatched now.

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #231 of 3,647
Mines despatched now.

Mine too !

jim-carrey-yes-gif.gif

Dec 9, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #233 of 3,647
Waiting on mine.

No it doesn’t work with iPhone. Got mine a few days ago and really enjoying it so far.

Tried it with the Apple camera kit / USB adapter and it says that the device uses too much power and so doesn’t work.

Sounds good enough to me over Bluetooth however so no too disappointed.

Dec 9, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #234 of 3,647
No it doesn’t work with iPhone. Got mine a few days ago and really enjoying it so far.

Tried it with the Apple camera kit / USB adapter and it says that the device uses too much power and so doesn’t work.

Thanks for that feedback. Would’ve
been nice to get DSD256 quality straight to earphones.

Am I right guessing your apple camera kit is the newer one with USB-C ?

Dec 9, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #235 of 3,647
Thanks for that feedback. Would’ve
been nice to get DSD256 quality straight to earphones.

Am I right guessing your apple camera kit is the newer one with USB-C ?

I don’t think there is a usb-c one is there?

Tried the original (small) camera kit and the larger USB3 one with the same result. Both of these are lightning to USB A and then I used a normal USB A to USB C adapter/ cable to the BTR5.

Works great as a USB DAC from my PC and to be honest having got fed up with dongles using a dragonfly red previously even if it had worked from iPhone I would probably stick with Bluetooth.

Haven’t tried it with direct USB C from my iPad Pro but will give that a go tomorrow.

Dec 9, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #237 of 3,647

Have you disabled the charging on BTR5 first?

Dec 9, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #238 of 3,647
Did you try to get in touch with the UAPP author on these forums regards this ?
Hi, no sir I didn't contact UAPP. I didn't put much effort into troubleshooting my LG V40 USB connectivity with the BTR3 and ES100. It does function correctly via USB with my ifi xdsd (only with UAPP installed). I didn't mention but I also have the PowerDAC and 9038s and they don't work correctly either. I did connect the 9038s to a Win10 notebook and it worked. I assumed it was a LG issue (driver?) and figured I'd mess with it later.

Dec 9, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #239 of 3,647
Thanks. Did you use the balanced out when testing ?
I’m curious to know if using the balanced output gave a noticeable improvement to the audio over v30’s standard jack.
My BTR5 arrived today it was fully charged so I connected to my LG V40 (I think same dac as V30 but tuned differently) via bluetooth. Been listening to music for about an hour or so and with balanced connection. With the BTR5 BT connection initial thing that is noticeable (compared to using the LG standard jack) is that it is more dynamic/louder.

Dec 10, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #240 of 3,647
Has anyone noticed any
My BTR5 arrived today it was fully charged so I connected to my LG V40 (I think same dac as V30 but tuned differently) via bluetooth. Been listening to music for about an hour or so and with balanced connection. With the BTR5 BT connection initial thing that is noticeable (compared to using the LG standard jack) is that it is more dynamic/louder.
interesting. Yes same DAC(s) in the BTR5 as LG V30 and V40, and possibly other LG series. Different implementation, like you say. When you say "more dynamic/louder" do you mean it sounds more alive, more incisive, via the BTR5, even when volume levels are as matched as you can make them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back