[FiiO BTA30Pro] Create a Comprehensive Home Bluetooth System, FiiO's High Fidelity Bluetooth Transceiver BTA30 Pro!
Jul 5, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #286 of 372
I've been using this device for a couple of months and it is a complete game changer in how I interact with my system. I have it connected to my tv, pc, phone, amp, and bluetooth dongles and headsets. How I can easily go between one another easily is hard to describe until you've experienced it. This device is really underappreciated I think. I hope Fiio continues to improve and develop on devices like this.

Jul 5, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #287 of 372
I've been using this device for a couple of months and it is a complete game changer in how I interact with my system. I have it connected to my tv, pc, phone, amp, and bluetooth dongles and headsets. How I can easily go between one another easily is hard to describe until you've experienced it. This device is really underappreciated I think. I hope Fiio continues to improve and develop on devices like this.
Dear tudedude,

Thank you! We will report to the engineer and product manger about that as well.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 17, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #288 of 372
Does this have a battery to charge via USB?

Jul 18, 2022 at 10:13 PM Post #291 of 372
Dear Gamerlingual,

No, the BTA30Pro does not have battery. What feature would you need?

Best regards
That I can use this device powered only by my PC and not use the plug outlet. Is that possible? A device that received Bluetooth signal in LDAC and outputs to LDAC to my Sony LDAC headphones that won’t produce any lag while watching YouTube videos or listening to music

Jul 18, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #292 of 372
I am pretty sure it tells you in the info it is USB powered.

I have it connected to my PC via a single USB cable that carries the Power/DATA that is converted to Audio.

It does not receive a BT signal then transmit a BT signal to your headphones, that is 3 things going on.

Your PC sends Power and DATA via USB or Optical or the Other Types Inputs to the BTA30 PRO and it converts it to audio then outputs via BT.

You still need the USB for Power even if not using the USB for DATA/Audio, you could power this via any external USB/Mains powered adapter even a PowerBank if outside.

FYI, YT is not high enough bitrate to even need LDAC which due to its higher bitrate has the most lag and shortest distance/range.,

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #293 of 372
I am pretty sure it tells you in the info it is USB powered.

I have it connected to my PC via a single USB cable that carries the Power/DATA that is converted to Audio.

It does not receive a BT signal then transmit a BT signal to your headphones, that is 3 things going on.

Your PC sends Power and DATA via USB or Optical or the Other Types Inputs to the BTA30 PRO and it converts it to audio then outputs via BT.

You still need the USB for Power even if not using the USB for DATA/Audio, you could power this via any external USB/Mains powered adapter even a PowerBank if outside.

FYI, YT is not high enough bitrate to even need LDAC which due to its higher bitrate has the most lag and shortest distance/range.,
Since this is powered off USB, I’ll definitely buy it. After some thinking, the USB powered aspect is more important than the battery. I just need it for PC use. Thank you very much

Aug 9, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #294 of 372
LDAC headphones that won’t produce any lag while watching YouTube videos or listening to music
Sorry, but LDAC has very high lag.
The only codecs currently out there in the world that have low(ish) latency are:
AptX LL (40ms or less)
AptX Adaptive (80~ ms)
LHDC LL/LLAC (30ms)

Out of those, this BTA30Pro only support AptX LL. Unfortunately it is hard to find headphones that support this codec. THe Sennheiser Momentum 3's are some of the best ones that do, but they are being discontinued and the Momentum 4's do not support AptX LL mode.
The Mee Audio Matrix Cinema headphones, Avantree Audition Pro, Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H9 (3rd gen), and HyperX Cloud Mix also support AptX LL. Those 5 headphones are all I have found so far with actual AptX LL support. If you moved up to headphones with AptX Adaptive that is far more common, however an 80ms lag will probably be noticeable for video watching.

Aug 9, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #295 of 372
Sorry, but LDAC has very high lag.
The only codecs currently out there in the world that have low(ish) latency are:
AptX LL (40ms or less)
AptX Adaptive (80~ ms)
LHDC LL/LLAC (30ms)

Out of those, this BTA30Pro only support AptX LL. Unfortunately it is hard to find headphones that support this codec. THe Sennheiser Momentum 3's are some of the best ones that do, but they are being discontinued and the Momentum 4's do not support AptX LL mode.
The Mee Audio Matrix Cinema headphones, Avantree Audition Pro, Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H9 (3rd gen), and HyperX Cloud Mix also support AptX LL. Those 5 headphones are all I have found so far with actual AptX LL support. If you moved up to headphones with AptX Adaptive that is far more common, however an 80ms lag will probably be noticeable for video watching.
Or do it wired through my Sony MDR-Z1R and TA-ZH1ES. Probably the only headphones that may come close to supporting that which I believe don’t, are my Edifier Stax Spirit S3. I’ll just stick to wireless on my AirPods Max through my MacBook

Aug 9, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #297 of 372
Edifier has a gaming mode as well. I can always try that. Thanks

Aug 17, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #298 of 372
Just got this yesterday to enable ldac playback between my Windows 11 PC and my Sony WH-1000XM5.

I enabled ldac and fumbled with upgrading the software for a while. White light is on so ldac is working.

Volume is quite low, however, and reconnection between the two devices is not exactly instant. I am finding that connecting the Sonys to my PC direct results in 90% of the quality, higher volume and instant reconnects...

Am I missing a step here?

Aug 17, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #300 of 372
So I got the BTA30Pro and some Sennheiser Momentum 3's and I am trying to get them connected but havent had any luck so far. The BTA keeps trying to connect to other devices. How do I make it try to connect to the M3s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back