[FiiO BTA30Pro] Create a Comprehensive Home Bluetooth System, FiiO's High Fidelity Bluetooth Transceiver BTA30 Pro!
May 14, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #271 of 372
I took from his post he meant the fact he is adding a device to extract optical audio from HDMI and would cause lag.

I did this year's ago on my Nvidia Shield 2017 (they did away with the optical output) but cannot remember TBH.

May 14, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #272 of 372
I took from his post he meant the fact he is adding a device to extract optical audio from HDMI and would cause lag.

I did this year's ago on my Nvidia Shield 2017 (they did away with the optical output) but cannot remember TBH.
No, that's not what I meant.
I only want to know if using LDAC generally, there would be noticable audio delay/lag for gaming on PS4/PS5.

May 15, 2022 at 6:03 AM Post #274 of 372
Hey guys, dumb question perhaps, I have an Xbox series S, is it possible to connect it with my BTA30 Pro, and if so, how?
@FiiO ?

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 11:27 PM Post #275 of 372
Hey guys, dumb question perhaps, I have an Xbox series S, is it possible to connect it with my BTA30 Pro, and if so, how?
@FiiO ?
Dear friend,

I tried to search in Google and found that the Xbox series S support HDMI and USB audio output. If the usb audiso output could be compatible with the BTA30Pro, you could try the USB connection. If not, you may try to connect the Xbox series S to a convertor, then connect to the BTA30Pro.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 16, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #276 of 372
Dear friend,

I tried to search in Google and found that the Xbox series S support HDMI and USB audio output. If the usb audiso output could be compatible with the BTA30Pro, you could try the USB connection. If not, you may try to connect the Xbox series S to a convertor, then connect to the BTA30Pro.

Best regards
Thank you! :)

Jun 6, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #278 of 372
I'm very disappointed with this product. The main reason I got it decrease the latency to my Sony WI 1000xm2. I had thought since both had LDAC that the latency would be minimal. Unfortunately, the latency is no better or worse than using a $10 USB Bluetooth 3 dongle I've had kicking around. Well over 100ms.

Is that what I should have expected? Any advice on fixing this. I don't have this latency issue using these same with my Pixel 4a.

Jun 6, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #279 of 372
LDAC has the highest bandwidth and the highest latency and shortest distance, what were you expecting?

On another note, I do agree it is like their Neckband, a firmware or two then abandonware.

Jun 6, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #280 of 372
I'm very disappointed with this product. The main reason I got it decrease the latency to my Sony WI 1000xm2. I had thought since both had LDAC that the latency would be minimal. Unfortunately, the latency is no better or worse than using a $10 USB Bluetooth 3 dongle I've had kicking around. Well over 100ms.

Is that what I should have expected? Any advice on fixing this. I don't have this latency issue using these same with my Pixel 4a.
Hi. I am using this device. It really an has amazing features.

Does the $10 USB dongle has LDAC transmission?

Advice is use APTX or lower codecs instead of LDAC.

Jun 6, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #281 of 372
I doubt it had LDAC with that price and it is old as lying about for ages as they are only appearing now.

His Neckband does not have aptX LL so going to need be SBC or aptX as the BTA 30 PRO does not support AAC in TX Mode.

Jun 6, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #282 of 372
I doubt it had LDAC with that price and it is old as lying about for ages as they are only appearing now.

His Neckband does not have aptX LL so going to need be SBC or aptX as the BTA 30 PRO does not support AAC in TX Mode.
I understood you, but the bluetooth chip which used on BTR30 Pro has limitations both for hardware and software. Maybe FiiO will fix this issues in next models.

Also keep in mind that (if you use Android) as it is a Apple codec AAC doesn't perform good. AAC isn't common codec over most of headphones. Although it is used, it causes problems such as audio quiality issues and connection drops with many audio devices.

aptX still has better bitrate than AAC.
1654542653079.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back