Fiio amps?
Jul 27, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #211 of 877
Is there any chance that plugging it in the wrong way (headphone out to headphone out) might produce some damage?

Jul 28, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #212 of 877
Just got mine. No pops or clicks on mine thankfully. Seems quiet but I need to try all my gear.

I only did some quick cursory testing so far; only with my minidisc player and SmartQ earphones. I tried my RS 12" shielded cable and the included cable. Slight loss of treble sparkle and a little less snap and tightness on the bass. Then I tried the cable off my CD2000's. Got everything back and then some. Same thing when I make recordings; need to use the Sony cable. I really like this little thing!

Problem is I need an interconnect that will make it usable. I can use the the Sony at home and many times I do need the extra length from PC and such but it won't do for portable or when using the CD2000's.

Any good cheap interconnect ideas($40-$50 or less)? I was thinking about the $19 Head-Direct silver one.

Jul 28, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #213 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any good cheap interconnect ideas($40-$50 or less)? I was thinking about the $19 Head-Direct silver one.

I'm very happy with the Cardas HPI mini-to-mini I bought from HeadRoom that I use in my work rig with the FiiO.

Jul 28, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #215 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by insicor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got mine and hooked up with a P2 and pair of E4cs and I can say I love the extra "kick" at the low end.
biggrin.gif

I am soooo going to love this when I get mine
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #216 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very happy with the Cardas HPI mini-to-mini I bought from HeadRoom that I use in my work rig with the FiiO.

Thanks for the input, sbulack.

Jul 29, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #217 of 877
The problem is the included mini to mini is NOT well constructed. I am even able to hear hiss from a pair of im716. Granted, they were paired up with the hissy Meizu.

Jul 29, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #218 of 877
Order Date: 7/14/08 from Dealextreme
Just checked the status of the order & received this response.

"Apologies for the delay.

The item 14303 is not in stock right now, it might be available till the end of next month, would you like to wait till then?

Thanks

Best regards, "

Jul 29, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #219 of 877
Just received my e3 purchased from ebay (payed $13 shipped) since it was back-ordered at dx.

No popping/hissing so far when tested with HD555, D1001, on a x-fi xtreme music and both headphones + ibuds on a gen1 nano.

This is my first amp but I found the volume boost greater than I was expecting, especially for such a tiny device (not as much with the ibuds however). Increase in bass was immediately noticeable, which was a welcome change for the bass-deprived HD555s. It seems to make the D1001s slightly bass-heavy, but I think I like them that way.

I've been listening to them for no more than 30 minutes so I'll write an update later.

A little worried about Dr1v37h38u5's report of his e3 damaging his headphones
eek.gif
but so far I'm impressed.

One question - how much of a difference in SQ would a quality IC make? Just curious.

Jul 29, 2008 at 10:08 AM Post #221 of 877
Well, I will give this another chance. Ordered one from dealextreme (despite being on backorder).

Jul 29, 2008 at 11:27 AM Post #222 of 877
Got mine from ebay
why is is white and not black :/
anyway using it wit iAudio 7

sound is not much louder and crisper and still can control it from iAudio's navigation menu
i'd say this beauty is worth way more than $10
might get one for a friend!

Jul 29, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #223 of 877
Wow!! Just received mine and I am very impressed. It is the perfect portable solution. It definitely adds some bottom weight and detail (currently using Akg 26p and they are shaking with bass) to the sound and I can no longer get close to full volume out of my Ipod shuffle for fear of doing some damage to my ears. I like knowing I have volume to spare. Don't ask why...I am stupid that way.
smily_headphones1.gif
I have the Corda Move as well and while this isn't nearly as good it was under $10 bucks and it is so small! I just hope I am this happy when I buy a desktop amp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back