Fiio amps?
Jul 23, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #196 of 877
Jul 24, 2008 at 9:25 AM Post #197 of 877
Do ya, happy owners of FiiO, think, that it'll do me good with my TripleFiPro-10 + ZVM:60GB?

Jul 24, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #199 of 877
unfortunately, it is time to report a problem.

after two days of light usage, all i get in my left ear is static and loud pops.

as no one else has posted any problems, i'm assuming mine is a faulty unit.

EDIT: gahhhhhhhhhh!! they messed up my headphones... the left side doesn't work well now.

it's strange, though. after the amp failed, any headphones inserted into the ipod (5.5G) pop really loudly.

after further testing, i have concluded that the amp damaged the headphone jack on my ipod. no biggie since it's the headphone jack, but THIS IS ANNOYING...

EDIT: i contacted the person i bought it from, marchrisdealer, about it. hopefully he'll be understanding.

Jul 24, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #201 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr1v37h38u5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
unfortunately, it is time to report a problem.

after two days of light usage, all i get in my left ear is static and loud pops.

as no one else has posted any problems, i'm assuming mine is a faulty unit.

EDIT: gahhhhhhhhhh!! they messed up my headphones... the left side doesn't work well now.

it's strange, though. after the amp failed, any headphones inserted into the ipod (5.5G) pop really loudly.

after further testing, i have concluded that the amp damaged the headphone jack on my ipod. no biggie since it's the headphone jack, but THIS IS ANNOYING...

EDIT: i contacted the person i bought it from, marchrisdealer, about it. hopefully he'll be understanding.

I also have big problems with static and pops. I've measured it and (if I've measured correctly), the DC it puts out when I plug in headphones into it or when I plug it into the portable player with headphones already plugged in is not healthy for the headphones.

My comments should be somewhere in the beginning/middle of the thread. Since the pops started appearing, I've stopped using it. I have no idea why this is happening. The highest DC spike I've measured from it was over 1V DC, and that is not very healthy (or correct me someone).

Jul 26, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #203 of 877
Just got mine and hooked up with a P2 and pair of E4cs and I can say I love the extra "kick" at the low end.
biggrin.gif

Jul 26, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #204 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henmyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also have big problems with static and pops. I've measured it and (if I've measured correctly), the DC it puts out when I plug in headphones into it or when I plug it into the portable player with headphones already plugged in is not healthy for the headphones.

My comments should be somewhere in the beginning/middle of the thread. Since the pops started appearing, I've stopped using it. I have no idea why this is happening. The highest DC spike I've measured from it was over 1V DC, and that is not very healthy (or correct me someone).

The block diagram of the LM4917 says it has click/pop suppression for each channel.

Jul 26, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #205 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The block diagram of the LM4917 says it has click/pop suppression for each channel.

So you're saying that by design it should not pop? In that case, my fiio is probably broken. Good thing it's not expensive.

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #206 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henmyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you're saying that by design it should not pop? In that case, my fiio is probably broken. Good thing it's not expensive.

It can get damage too through ESD by touching the PCB board w/o a ground strap. So far, only you and Dr1v37h38u5 have reported problems. Is is a manufacturing quality issue?

Jul 27, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #209 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by caliaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anybody know how will this work with a 6g ipod and the er-4ps?

It works perfect, adding the bass Ety need and taming their sharp highs and details. The pleasure to listen to. Add Shure black foams and you will turn Ety into the very different IEM - authoritative, smooth and relaxed.

Relaxed Ety
eek.gif
Sounds like a joke.

Jul 27, 2008 at 12:46 PM Post #210 of 877
How do you damage a headphone jack with the FiiO? I've seen the circuitry and there's no way that will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back