FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Aug 11, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #108 of 3,064
  Great review! Especially the comparisons.

Thanks mate 
wink_face.gif

Aug 13, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #109 of 3,064
Ended up ordering the A83 and got them yesterday. I have a slight problem with my right ear with the tip slowly sliding out and breaking the seal, but otherwise they are very comfortable to wear. I tried looking at some Comply tips since I see people recommending them for various IEMs but I'm not sure about the size since this is my first proper in-ear. Anyone know which size series fits the A83?

Edit: Looking through djvkool's review mentioning using TF10 tips for it, I guess the Comply Foam 500 series would be the right one, as they're matched with UE TF10 in their finder.

I'm actually now getting a pretty decent seal with one of the larger silicones that came with the phones. I probably just have to get used to actually wearing IEMs in general and clean my ears properly. ^^;

Aug 15, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #110 of 3,064
Hi all,

Just purchased a pair of a83.

Have been testing them for a week a. The store and finally bought them.

I have been using a pair or im02 with custom off silver plated cables.

I find that a83 offers even more detail and a more raw meatier natural sound as compared to my im02 (which is smoother) but u will be rewarded if the source is good.

However, upon unboxing I found a either with the left driver or cable. I phoned up the authorized dealer and offered to swap the whole set.

Hope I have better luck when I go to the shop for the exchange.

Aug 16, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #113 of 3,064
Sounds like a poor connection or maybe the wrong tip for your ears.

See if you can recreate the problem by holding your head still (not turning) and pulling slightly on the cable from behind your ear. If that doesn't do it, try pushing gently on the IEM in your left ear to see if that recreates the issue.

Also, what tips are you using? It sounds to me like maybe the tip is being squeezed out of shape or slightly shut when you are moving - the opening may be getting too close to the wall of your ear canal (I have this problem with some tips)

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #114 of 3,064
I tried a couple of tips, all exhibiting the same result, I even tried it with the sony hybrid tips that I use with my im02 with no avail.

I think it is the cable. Have will it exchange tomorrow when I pass by shop after work.

Aug 19, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #120 of 3,064
  Are these legit?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fly-to-Guangzhou-Smart-Duo-Fidue-A83-flagship-enthusiast-Unit-3-laps-iron-spot-Ear-Headphones/1921337241.html

The price seems much lower than MSRP. However, FIDUE is a relatively small, new company. So I would think that most products for sale are genuine. But don't quote me on that. 

Just using logic as they aren't big enough to be cloned yet in my opinion. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back