FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jul 25, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #78 of 3,064
Different configurations. earfonia mentioned the ones that were actually similar in design --- stacked coaxial designs.

The Havi and R1 are side by side, while the R3 is diametrically oppposed, and the ATH ones are isobaric.

SCoaxD means the moe-ss01 and ttpod-t1/t1es?

Jul 25, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #80 of 3,064
SCoaxD means the moe-ss01 and ttpod-t1/t1es?

Those are stacked dual dynamic, not Coaxed.
This picture from Meelec M-Duo might help to understand Dual Coaxed design:
http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_M_Duo_Dual_Driver_In_Ear_Headset_p/ep-dd53p-bk-mee.htm

Jul 25, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #82 of 3,064
Does anyone have a picture of someone wearing the A83? I'm very interested in this IEM as my first quality one, but the slightly bulky look makes me unsure about the fit.

Having a hard time trying to decide on this or one of the new Audioflys (AF160,180) or Westones (W30, W40). Pricewise A83 would be in the sweet spot for me, as I feel like throwing +450€ on my first IEM would be going a bit too deep. A83 also seems like it would go well with the signature of my DT880 or am I completely off?

Jul 25, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #83 of 3,064
  Does anyone have a picture of someone wearing the A83? I'm very interested in this IEM as my first quality one, but the slightly bulky look makes me unsure about the fit.

Having a hard time trying to decide on this or one of the new Audioflys (AF160,180) or Westones (W30, W40). Pricewise A83 would be in the sweet spot for me, as I feel like throwing +450€ on my first IEM would be going a bit too deep. A83 also seems like it would go well with the signature of my DT880 or am I completely off?

Definitely a nice match with DT880 I think.

The fit isn't quite as snug as the Audiofly options, but it's not bad by any means, just different to other IEMs (and I'm fussy). Here's a pic in ear:

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #84 of 3,064
  I actually felt that the stage was wider on the AF180's. Definitely warm and less treble than the A83's but found that it compliments the overall signature quite well with no fatiguing at all. I really admire the smooth strong mids. As for cable I may give it to Fidue but comfort in the ears goes to Audiofly.

I agree. Wider stage on AF180, but more front-back depth on A83. Completely agree with your other comments about cable and comfort too.

but what gear have you used ? it is easy to drive ? what about rock, like Radiohead or Foo Fighters ?

Lots of gear. Please check my profile and let me know if you'd like a comparison with any of the gear listed there. A83 is easy to drive as long as you have <1 ohm output impedance and is great with both the bands you mentioned.

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #87 of 3,064
Can you sleep with them on your side:confounded:

Given its shell size and you have little large ears (enough bowl space), OR if not flush in the bowl(concha) of the ear but shell not extended than helix reasonably it is ok,to me,imho.......by looking at the picture posted by our pal "loquah" mine are similar ears and I can't use it side while sleep......

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #89 of 3,064
I've read the whole thread but I'm still a little confused about the sound signature. Is this a pure reference IEM, or does it have a gentle mids/bass emphasis, for a more 'smooth' sig?

Thanks in advance :)

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #90 of 3,064
That's hard to answer because we all perceive things differently as to what's "natural", "reference" or "realistic" sound. To my ears these are very close to reference without getting into sterile, bass-lacking analytics which is not actually a faithful reproduction of the sound of the various instruments (particularly lower frequency instruments like bass, cello, etc.)

You could argue that the A83 has a very slight bass lift, but it's small enough to have no impact on the "reference" nature of the sound and I think balances the slight lift in treble nicely (remembering that no earphone is truly ruler-flat and all will have some slight peaks)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back