FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Sep 22, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #2,522 of 3,064
  I used this combo for a few weeks and love everything about it.  You'll be extremely happy with it.

Just got my unit; it's a thing of beauty.

Sounds great too!

Sep 24, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #2,524 of 3,064
Hello JimmyTryhard,

I have an X5mkII,  I will have a pair of A83's on friday.  I will let you know how they sound.

Sep 24, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #2,525 of 3,064
Hello JimmyTryhard,

I have an X5mkII,  I will have a pair of A83's on friday.  I will let you know how they sound.

Oh, when I said 'my unit came in' I meant I received the X5II already.

So far, I've really been enjoying it :D

The X5II solves all of my problems from my DX50, and it also sounds noticeably better! With the A83's, I find there is for some reason less harsh treble on my X5II than my DX50 and a noticeably more 'refined' sound. It's not something I can put well into words exactly, but in conclusion, it brings new life into my music experience.

Currently listening to as I type:
Clocks Go Forward by James Bay

The guitars... :O mesmerizing...

Sep 25, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #2,526 of 3,064
Update and major shout out to Michael Lin. He and Fidue have been perfect, accepting my defective (channel cut out) unit in return for a replacement I just received. Still testing it out but no channel imbalance noted to date and I am remembering just how wonderful this IEM sounds.

Kudos to Fidue and Michael. While the frequent reports of channel cutout are noted, their communication and customer support have been stellar and the A83 remains a very special in-ear.

Quote:
  Don't worry , contact Mr. Michael Lin: michael@fidue.com. Had similar problem, and solved.

Quote:
  I've had my A83's about 10 months, and last several weeks the right channel volume is very low and muted. I cleaned connectors, gently moved (centered) the earpiece pin as some suggested, tried a Shure cable instead of stock --> No improvement! Worse still, I am remiss in that I can't locate my receipt nor recall which seller I purchased from to initiate a return / repair for what I suspect is a dead driver issue. Obviously, the lack of receipt /purchase info. is on me, no excuse....I think it was an Amazon seller but there are many.

So self-flagellation aside, any suggestions? Other fixes. Contact Fidue and beg assistance (without proof of purchase date I can't really expect warranty service but they may offer a repair at reasonable cost.)

Thanks for letting me vent and for any ideas to correct the right channel issue.

Sep 25, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #2,527 of 3,064

Quote:
  I've had my A83's about 10 months, and last several weeks the right channel volume is very low and muted. I cleaned connectors, gently moved (centered) the earpiece pin as some suggested, tried a Shure cable instead of stock --> No improvement! Worse still, I am remiss in that I can't locate my receipt nor recall which seller I purchased from to initiate a return / repair for what I suspect is a dead driver issue. Obviously, the lack of receipt /purchase info. is on me, no excuse....I think it was an Amazon seller but there are many.

So self-flagellation aside, any suggestions? Other fixes. Contact Fidue and beg assistance (without proof of purchase date I can't really expect warranty service but they may offer a repair at reasonable cost.)

Thanks for letting me vent and for any ideas to correct the right channel issue.

beerchug.gif

Sep 25, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #2,528 of 3,064
I believe I have version 2 (locking tab with chin slider) and I have the same issue as you, where the connection was loose. I did cut off the locking tabs, but wiggling the A83 doesn't cause the cut outs. I've been using a Shure cable for over four months now and no issues other than the need to cleaning the mmcx connectors once in a while (which is a long time). This is for the right side, by the way, the left is completely fine.

A long time ago when you mentioned your problem with the version 2, I originally assumed it was a cable issue, but then I believe you tested it by switching the cables and one side just died. Is the cutting out just specific to one side?

Regarding tips, I use Complys and Sony hybrid isolation tips for isolation, but I use the JVC Spiral Dots since I don't use the A83s in loud environments anymore (they are also comfortable).

I wanna say mine was a dead left side, but can't be sure off the top of my head. It turned out to be the socket itself in the body that was loose and wiggly. I tested my left and right connector in the working socket and it was tight in it and worked. But my current version 1 is the loose cable connection Brooko had which was just the cable needing to be swapped out.

Sep 25, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #2,529 of 3,064
I currently have a pair of dn2000, jvc850, and ma750. All have very different signature, does anyone know how a83 compare to any of these? I'm curious if I should add a pair of a83 or I should wait the new dunu 4 or 5 driver iems.

Sep 28, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #2,530 of 3,064
I am enjoying my new A83's,  however I am experiencing severe driver flex in the right IEM.
I do the same thing that H20Fidelity does when putting in my IEMs.  This is not making a difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to dress this (besides returning them).

I have already parted ways with my UE-900(s) and returning them would leave my without any headphones, which would be very sad 
frown.gif

Sep 28, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #2,531 of 3,064
Oh, when I said 'my unit came in' I meant I received the X5II already.

So far, I've really been enjoying it
biggrin.gif

The X5II solves all of my problems from my DX50, and it also sounds noticeably better! With the A83's, I find there is for some reason less harsh treble on my X5II than my DX50 and a noticeably more 'refined' sound. It's not something I can put well into words exactly, but in conclusion, it brings new life into my music experience.

Currently listening to as I type:
Clocks Go Forward by James Bay

The guitars... :O mesmerizing...

I apologize, I had been responding to an earlier post of yours.

I have really been loving the A83's on my X5 mk II (although the driver flex is annoying as all get out...)

Listening to Joe Satriani has been simply amazing.  I have been losing myself in the music.

Sep 28, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #2,532 of 3,064
  I am enjoying my new A83's,  however I am experiencing severe driver flex in the right IEM.
I do the same thing that H20Fidelity does when putting in my IEMs.  This is not making a difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to dress this (besides returning them).

I have already parted ways with my UE-900(s) and returning them would leave my without any headphones, which would be very sad 
frown.gif

Comply Sports Tips (S400).  Porous foam basically allows them to breathe a little.  Should eliminate all driver flex.

Sep 28, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #2,533 of 3,064

Comply Sports Tips (S400).  Porous foam basically allows them to breathe a little.  Should eliminate all driver flex.

I will try that.

I will also say the my Norne Audio Therium cable sounds a heck of a lot better than the stock cable.

http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/Norne-Audio-Pure-Silver-occ-litz-ohno-continuous-cast-ciem-iem-replacement-cable-cotton-type-4-shure-mmcx-2-pin-eidolic-westone-jh-audio-aurisonics-1964-ears-custom

I picked this up at the July Seattle meet-up for my UE-900s.

If I have to RMA my a83's I am afraid of getting the 3rd edition of them.  I don't want to be stuck using the stock cable when I have this one...

Sep 28, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #2,534 of 3,064
Sadly I have discovered that comply tips irritate my ears,  My ears are still itching after taking the tips out half an hour ago.

<rant>
I have emailed the retailer about this,  Their response was rather flippant that driver flex is normal for these iems and that I should use comply tips as well.
They do not wish to take responsibility for this problem.

I am really loving these iems, but this is really frustrating.
</rant>

Sep 28, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #2,535 of 3,064
Sadly I have discovered that comply tips irritate my ears,  My ears are still itching after taking the tips out half an hour ago.

I have emailed the retailer about this,  Their response was rather flippant that driver flex is normal for these iems and that I should use comply tips as well.
They do not wish to take responsibility for this problem.

I am really loving these iems, but this is really frustrating.

Slow down!

I had the exact same issue. The first pair of A83's that I received had some EXTREME driver flex on only the right unit; this proved to be very irritating to the point where I couldn't properly use them.

I was able to request a replacement pair at no additional cost from my seller on Amazon, JCN Digimart, and the second pair that I received turned out to be conpletely flex-less on both sides. I still use this same pair daily with no flex at all.

No matter which foam/silicon tips I used, no matter what angle I tugged my earlobe on insertion, no matter what my first pair had frequent and extremely loud driver flex.

I strongly recommend that you ask for a replacement from your seller. Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back