1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread

First

Back
159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168
170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179
Next

Last
  1. dbdynsty25
    I used this combo for a few weeks and love everything about it.  You'll be extremely happy with it.

2. JimmyTryhard

Just got my unit; it's a thing of beauty.

Sounds great too!

3. ardacumhur
    I wish I can say same for isolation/fit

4. Elric
    Hello JimmyTryhard,

I have an X5mkII,  I will have a pair of A83's on friday.  I will let you know how they sound.

5. JimmyTryhard

Oh, when I said 'my unit came in' I meant I received the X5II already.

So far, I've really been enjoying it :D

The X5II solves all of my problems from my DX50, and it also sounds noticeably better! With the A83's, I find there is for some reason less harsh treble on my X5II than my DX50 and a noticeably more 'refined' sound. It's not something I can put well into words exactly, but in conclusion, it brings new life into my music experience.

Currently listening to as I type:
    Clocks Go Forward by James Bay

The guitars... :O mesmerizing...

Elric likes this.
  6. LoryWiv

Quote:

Quote:

7. garcsa
    [​IMG]

8. Midgetguy
    I wanna say mine was a dead left side, but can't be sure off the top of my head. It turned out to be the socket itself in the body that was loose and wiggly. I tested my left and right connector in the working socket and it was tight in it and worked. But my current version 1 is the loose cable connection Brooko had which was just the cable needing to be swapped out.

9. datranz
    I currently have a pair of dn2000, jvc850, and ma750. All have very different signature, does anyone know how a83 compare to any of these? I'm curious if I should add a pair of a83 or I should wait the new dunu 4 or 5 driver iems.

10. Elric
    I am enjoying my new A83's,  however I am experiencing severe driver flex in the right IEM.
    I do the same thing that H20Fidelity does when putting in my IEMs.  This is not making a difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to dress this (besides returning them).

I have already parted ways with my UE-900(s) and returning them would leave my without any headphones, which would be very sad [​IMG] 

11. Elric
    I apologize, I had been responding to an earlier post of yours.

I have really been loving the A83's on my X5 mk II (although the driver flex is annoying as all get out...)

Listening to Joe Satriani has been simply amazing.  I have been losing myself in the music.

12. Brooko Contributor

Comply Sports Tips (S400).  Porous foam basically allows them to breathe a little.  Should eliminate all driver flex.

13. Elric

I will try that.

I will also say the my Norne Audio Therium cable sounds a heck of a lot better than the stock cable.

http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/Norne-Audio-Pure-Silver-occ-litz-ohno-continuous-cast-ciem-iem-replacement-cable-cotton-type-4-shure-mmcx-2-pin-eidolic-westone-jh-audio-aurisonics-1964-ears-custom

I picked this up at the July Seattle meet-up for my UE-900s.

If I have to RMA my a83's I am afraid of getting the 3rd edition of them.  I don't want to be stuck using the stock cable when I have this one...

14. Elric
    Sadly I have discovered that comply tips irritate my ears,  My ears are still itching after taking the tips out half an hour ago.

<rant>
    I have emailed the retailer about this,  Their response was rather flippant that driver flex is normal for these iems and that I should use comply tips as well.
    They do not wish to take responsibility for this problem.

I am really loving these iems, but this is really frustrating.
    </rant>

15. JimmyTryhard

Slow down!

I had the exact same issue. The first pair of A83's that I received had some EXTREME driver flex on only the right unit; this proved to be very irritating to the point where I couldn't properly use them.

I was able to request a replacement pair at no additional cost from my seller on Amazon, JCN Digimart, and the second pair that I received turned out to be conpletely flex-less on both sides. I still use this same pair daily with no flex at all.

No matter which foam/silicon tips I used, no matter what angle I tugged my earlobe on insertion, no matter what my first pair had frequent and extremely loud driver flex.

I strongly recommend that you ask for a replacement from your seller. Best of luck!

First

Back
159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168
170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179
Next

Last