1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread

First

Back
157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166
168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177
Next

Last
  1. H20Fidelity Contributor

Mine just live on through all the heartache ah, likes it's thier destiny to fulfil the Fidue dream. :p

I'll admit that they:

1) have an extremely easy life around the house. This means no OTG, no pocket storing etc.

2) I've never detached the cable, not once. And from following the thread I don't intend to.

I'm completely waiting to jinx myself!

2. Midgetguy

Lol, I wouldn't categorize mine as a hard life either. Maybe a bit on the harsh side for the pair that went away, but definitely not this replacement pair (aka my V1 without the cinch, assuming to be like yours). This replacement pair has only been around the house, also hasn't had pocket time (well maybe for some number of minutes for when I'm cooking with them), hasn't had the cables detached, yet somehow the cables already feel wiggly in the shells. One did that on my first one and it eventually died. The good socket on the old one had no wiggle so I'm pretty much accepting that this current one is gonna go the way of the dodo soon enough. If it does and Michael helps me out again to send out another pair, I hope it takes less than 4 months.....

3. H20Fidelity Contributor
    Maybe that's why mine are ok, I just checked and there's no wiggling, the connection is still very firm, could almost be mistaken as one piece. I think If mine died or I had issues (especially twice for example) it would sour my taste, definitely.

4. Midgetguy

Yup, that's how the good earpiece felt on my first pair. Stable as a rock. Both shells on this replacement pair seem a little wiggly.

5. JimmyTryhard

Hmm, I noticed this actually during the brief period of when I was switching between the stock and linum cable. I don't remember exactly if there was much wiggle before my first pulls, but I noticed that there was a tiny bit of wiggle when using the stock cable after switching about 3 times. After this, I decided to commit to the linum cable and haven't noticed any wiggling at all with the linums, even after pulling about 2 more times since then. I don't plan to unplug them again for a while unless it's to clean them or something, but as of now, my connectors seem very strong on the aftermarket cable.

Perhaps the stock cable's weight causes excess pressure on the connector, something that doesn't seem to occur on lighter cables like the linums. I don't think the MMCX cables themselves are really THAT fragile.

Or are they? What are your guys' observations and experiences with MMCX cables? How many disconnects/connects do you think that they can survive? Does the quality of the same type of connector vary from earphone to earphone? I hope the A83's have connectors with durability comparable to Shure's. I haven't heard much trouble with Shure's from what I've read, but I haven't read much admittedly.

6. Midgetguy

Shure seems to have fixed their durability issues. As for MMCX, I don't think they're all that fragile, it's just the implementation of them seem like they're probably more of a pain to deal with. For the A83, I don't think there's an issue with the cable, but rather how well put together the socket end is inside the shell. That part seems to be what's fragile to me. Like, the cable connector is solid in the socket, but the socket isn't quite so solid inside of the shell. That's what seemed to kill my first one at least.

7. Brooko Contributor

I think that depends on how often you are swapping cables.  My Shures were pretty much set and forget.  I never changed them, and they lasted for as long as I had them.  FWIW - I use a Shure cable on the A83 now. First set of cables developed the cut-outs.  Got a replacement set quite a while ago, and then the 2nd set developed same issue.  Rather than sending them back (I'm sure Michael would have replaced them again - Fidue's service is great), I just used a spare Shure cable I had.  Problem solved.

But if you want to see what I consider to be the future of mmcx - have a look at this:

qjays01.jpg qjays03.jpg qjays04.jpg

You might need to click on the photo for a closer look.

Jays new Q-Jays.  They use an mmcx connector, but a threaded socket.  Perfect secure fit every time. Change the cable whenever you want to.

8. Midgetguy
    @Brooko, saw those in your Trinity review (great work btw). I would love it if the industry embraced this new threaded MMCX connector. Not only is it more sturdy, it would also solve the somewhat annoying problem of them turning around all the time. Fidue solved that by using a locking tab, but again, it's the brute force "pull out, shove in" that causes the wear. The threaded connector would be a good step for IEMs. Terrible idea for full headphones as we've all seen the Hifimans, but IEMs would be fantastic.

9. Brooko Contributor
    The Q-Jays do it really well - safe, secure, very unobtrusive.

It would be nice if everyone adopted the same - but more importantly the same socket size and threading as well.

DanMar likes this.
  10. JimmyTryhard
    I wasn't sure where to post this exactly, but I was wondering about this phenomenon that I've been experiencing quite frequently due to these IEMs(and less frequently past IEMs as well).

Do you guys know what I mean when I talk about that 'feeling' of your whole body 'shivering' and having a weird chill/rush throughout your spine and head? I was wondering if this is what they call "ASMR" (Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response). I've always felt this when listening to a particularly nice track, but from what I've read about ASMR, ASMR is usually caused by "whisper" sounds and other soft noises made through binaural microphones. I can't seem to trigger this feeling when listening to typical ASMR material like soft whispers and clicks.

Is music a possible trigger of ASMR? If so, these things trigger that a lot for me lol.

11. Paulus XII

I have no idea. Never felt anything like that.

I think its new toy syndrome.

12. H20Fidelity Contributor

Do you mean like a body rush, or goosebumps, achieving a natural high from certain tracks? If so its most likely your body releasing dopamine, this happened to me a lot with A83 at first, though it seems over time my body becomes immune to it. I've had it occur with other IEMs in the past. Its your body rewarding you because it feels good.

You can read more here: http://mentalfloss.com/article/51745/why-does-music-give-us-chills

13. Paulus XII
    [​IMG]

14. H20Fidelity Contributor

You obviously have not heard music at such performance levels that your body wants to release dopamine.

Rather than post an immediate emotion of confusion try googling it.

15. JimmyTryhard
    Haha sorry for the out of field question, I'm currently studying a bit of psychology on the side and I've become very interested in our brains' mental processes and such. I also just assumed that ASMR was common knowledge, which apparently it really isn't. [​IMG]

You guys should look up those ASMR videos on youtube, they're really quite a peculiar thing to listen to.

This article actually ties into a lot about what I'm learning from a psychology book that I'm currently reading. One other interesting thing that you may not know is that musicians, such as pianists, actually have developed unique parts of their brains that are specifically designed to process auditory code in a more elaborate way. It makes me feel kind of weird as an amateur pianist haha.

Source: http://mic.com/articles/91329/science-shows-how-piano-players-brains-are-actually-different-from-everybody-elses

alllllright this is the last off topic post for me [​IMG] 

First

Back
157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166
168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177
Next

Last