Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Jul 10, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #286 of 1,164
I ordered from USA.
You can ask them to maybe custom pick a pack.
To be honest these freakish looking tips were considered useless and redundant until now. Never really worked particularly well with any of the handful iems I have bought over the years.
I'm glad I didn't get rid of them and now wish I had a backup pair. See my earlier post how to get good fitting with them.

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_M11_Earphones_p/tipset10-m11-bk-mee.htm

Thanks...they are out of stock now and unfortunately will not be stocking them anymore.

I am getting a great seal and sound from a tip I found in my collection and I will try to get a pic up later on today....

Jul 10, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #288 of 1,164

anybody who has tried comply foam tips on A73 or has listened to DN-1000 to compare?

I have previously compared the but my A73 in currently on a tour with a few members and I won't get them back for quite a long while. From what I remember, the DN1k had better detail and resolution but the A73 was better in timber, mid range, bass quantity and quality and soundstage, as well as the A73 is much more comfortable. 

Jul 10, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #289 of 1,164
smith

Its a shame they no longer do those tips -best I cherish mine. I hear UE600 tips also work well but i dont have them. Need a backup.
Hopefully the fact that you are getting a good seal is allowing you to enjoy the A73.

Jul 10, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #291 of 1,164
Wow ... I started to think that maybe they are not as good as I think they are and my ears are playing tricks on me!

So I went back to my vent modded Ostry KC06 and could not believe how harsh and hard they sounded they were almost unlistenable.... Swapping between the two an the A73 is just so smooth in the treble and mids.

I know that the A73 is over twice the price of the Ostry but this was a really "ear opener" for me!

Jul 10, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #292 of 1,164
Now days there are plenty of budget iem's on the market that sound absolutely amazing including Ostry, Tenore, Delta etc
But at the end of day I'm not sure if they are able sound quite as refined as the A73 which i feel is the bigger bargain even at its higher price point.

Jul 10, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #293 of 1,164
Now days there are plenty of budget iem's on the market that sound absolutely amazing including Ostry, Tenore, Delta etc
But at the end of day I'm not sure if they are able sound quite as refined as the A73 which i feel is the bigger bargain even at its higher price point.

I had tenores i wouldnt call it amazing, just descent. it sounded like 60 euro iem at 35 euro they sell for. just budget iems, there sre better sounding iems if you spent a little more. cheers

Jul 10, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #294 of 1,164

I think the Havi B3 Pro 1 deserves a mention. They're still one or my favourites and they cost $60.

Jul 11, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #295 of 1,164
@archy121  How does the A73 compare with EPH-100 in terms of female vocal? One of the main reasons why I love the EPH-100 so much is the tinge of warmth and smooth female vocals that always captivates me every time I listen to them. I always go from "I need to upgrade on my Yams soon" to "Oh my god, the vocals just melt in my ears! I'll never part with you ever!". 

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #296 of 1,164
vyogan

Any particular track I can try out ?

I was one of the early adopters of the EPH100 and very active in the thread to share how good it was.
I don't think you will be disappointed at all with female vocals on the A73 as its mids are lush and have more detail and texture. I was listening to Sade and it was very melting and sensual at times. I also listen to Trance vocal so female vocals are also important to me.

The A73 is better sonically in every way over EPH100. It makes the EPH100 feel dated and low end budget. In fact for a long while I was in search for an IEM that had similar sound signature to the EPH100 but improved in every way - A73 is that.

A73 is what EPH200 should have been.

Just make sure to use wide bore tip and ensure you get a good seal to get the most out of its sumptuous bass.

Jul 11, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #297 of 1,164
Archy121 so tips that are in a73 are not good? thanks

Jul 11, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #298 of 1,164

The tips are not good or bad, because people have different ears. It depends on what fits you. The Fidue double flange that come with all the Fidue products I've owned are my all time favourite tips, period. 

Jul 11, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #299 of 1,164

Well for me they didn't suit. I generally prefer wide bore tips as I find they tend warm the sound up in the mids and low.

I couldn't get a descent seal on the wide bore dual flange. On the other hand DJSCOPE has no problems in getting a good seal with them. So it depends on your ear shape and the kind of sound signature you like.

Point is not to limit yourself to the tips that come with any IEM and try different ones out.
Having a collection of different tips is a standard tool set for most avid headfi members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back