Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Jul 14, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #318 of 1,164
anyone in eu bought this from china did you pay customs? customs here would take 1 third the price so 45 euro to pay.

Jul 14, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #320 of 1,164
I have already bought sony xba-a2 also hybrid but with two armature drivers and one dynamic. i love it to bits. would fidue a73 be better or somthing? many people do not have that iem cause its new so im not sure if anyone would know. thanks

Jul 14, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #321 of 1,164
I have already bought sony xba-a2 also hybrid but with two armature drivers and one dynamic. i love it to bits.

Best you stick to the Sony as you in love with it.

arijitroy02 I better be more careful as I keep doing tip changes. Surprised to see that you find it less harsh with grills off. I imagined the opposite as grills tend to tame the sound. I'm very prone to sharp highs and surprised that you find A73 harsh. Try other tips.

Smith
Thanks for your generosity. Tips arrived today but I have not tried them yet.

Jul 14, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #322 of 1,164
Best you stick to the Sony as you in love with it.

arijitroy02 I better be more careful as I keep doing tip changes. Surprised to see that you find it less harsh with grills off. I imagined the opposite as grills tend to tame the sound. I'm very prone to sharp highs and surprised that you find A73 harsh. Try other tips.

Smith
Thanks for your generosity. Tips arrived today but I have not tried them yet.

I do lot of tip changes and that's how it came off. I finally found the perfect tips and without the grill the sound is finally close to perfection.

Im intolerant to those harsh treble and I guess the tip plus removal of the grill helped!! Listening to songs now brings a smile to my face!!

Jul 14, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #323 of 1,164
This might sound bad, but I've found myself using my E80 with spiral tips more than my A73. Just a more transparent and detailed sound. BUT that's not to say I still don't reach for the A73, because when it's time to listen to pop, hip hop, or electronics, the A73 are my go to. Big bass. Big fun.

Jul 14, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #324 of 1,164
I do lot of tip changes and that's how it came off. I finally found the perfect tips and without the grill the sound is finally close to perfection.

Im intolerant to those harsh treble and I guess the tip plus removal of the grill helped!! Listening to songs now brings a smile to my face!!

What tips are you using?

Jul 14, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #325 of 1,164
  curious if anyone has a comparison with the RHA MA750(i)...looking to get my first hybrid IEM and the MA750 is my current go to from my collection.

searched and didn't find anything - thanks!

@dullknives Did you get the A73? I own the RHA MA750i as well and use the Fiio X5 II as my source. I am considering the A73. What is your opinion, is it worth the switch?

Jul 14, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #326 of 1,164
  Going to go down to local store and figure things out there, since Jaben carries their own in house foams they should be able to find ones that fit. Will report back on the size since they do mention what the comply equivalent to their tips are. 

I've used the A73 for a couple of hours now. I can't handle the highs when I use them straight out of my phone. However, when I plugged them into my desktop dac/amp they were very enjoyable.

I hope to try them out with the X5ii, the PAW 5000 and maybe the Oppo HA-2 this weekend. They do seem quite sensitive so finding a prefect listening volume takes a bit of time, I find myself fiddling about with the volume buttons a lot!

@RambleOnRed How do the A73 sound with the X5ii?

Jul 14, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #327 of 1,164

@dullknives Did you get the A73? I own the RHA MA750i as well and use the Fiio X5 II as my source. I am considering the A73. What is your opinion, is it worth the switch?

i have them ordered and on the way.  i'll post up my thoughts against the MA750i once i've had some time with them.

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #330 of 1,164
@RambleOnRed
 How do the A73 sound with the X5ii?

Haven't had a chance to try the X5ii as yet. Tried it with the HA2 from Oppo and I still find the highs a bit harsh. Foam tips helped me get a better fit and the treble is manageable now.
I'm on the lookout for a warmer DAP and waiting for the Cayin N5 and hoping it retains the N6's signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back