Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Jul 9, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #272 of 1,164
How's the timbre and accuracy like on these? Guitars have bite? Do vocals take center stage? Or are they evenly highlighted with the instruments?

I'm happy someone was honest enough to say they don't compete with the 850 but do we have other references?

Jul 9, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #273 of 1,164
How's the timbre and accuracy like on these? Guitars have bite? Do vocals take center stage? Or are they evenly highlighted with the instruments?

I'm happy someone was honest enough to say they don't compete with the 850 but do we have other references?

Vocals definitely take centre stage on the A73s; the separation and layering makes stand in front of all the other instruments, not muddled with them. Everything has it's own place on the stage.

Jul 9, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #274 of 1,164
I am hesitating to buy Havi B3 again after I lost them, even more that they are last day on massdrop now.
However, digging the fact that A73 is said to have even BETTER soundstage / separation than B3  . ---- I must hear them.

Jul 9, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #275 of 1,164
Just literally got these 10 minutes ago...WOW!! no hype with these the soundstage is huge...very good i have never used a hybrid before these blow me away ...the mids are beautiful ...the treble smooth and no harshness....loving this!!! And the bass is impactful and goes deep ...I say this again no hype with these out the box they sound fantastic....

Congrats !

Make sure you try other tips as the A73 is very sensitive to it.

Highly recommend you get Meelec large single flange tips. For me - Soundstage becomes like open vented headphones, mids more lush and warmer, highs detailed and sparkly as ever and the bass becomes thicker with more texture and warmth. Sub bass more visceral.

Jul 9, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #276 of 1,164
Congrats !

Make sure you try other tips as the A73 is very sensitive to it.

Highly recommend you get Meelec large single flange tips. For me - Soundstage becomes like open vented headphones, mids more lush and warmer, highs detsiled and sparkly as ever and the bass becomes thicker with more texture and warmth. Sub bass more visceral.

Any idea on the best place to get them... Still loving A73 ! ... Finally found a upgrade to my beloved Ostry KC06.

Jul 9, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #277 of 1,164
I ordered from USA.
You can ask them to maybe custom pick a pack.
To be honest these freakish looking tips were considered useless and redundant until now. Never really worked particularly well with any of the handful iems I have bought over the years.
I'm glad I didn't get rid of them and now wish I had a backup pair. See my earlier post how to get good fitting with them.

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_M11_Earphones_p/tipset10-m11-bk-mee.htm

Jul 9, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #280 of 1,164
A73 vs GR07 BE??
a73 all the way. IMHO it's an upgrade which is saying a lot because I loved the GR07BE.

Just as much bass, more forward and textured mids, more detail and reduced sibilance.

The only thing the GR07BE trumps the a73 is in amount of tips and a slightly better fit IMHO

Jul 9, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #281 of 1,164
a73 all the way. IMHO it's an upgrade which is saying a lot because I loved the GR07BE.

Just as much bass, more forward and textured mids, more detail and reduced sibilance.

The only thing the GR07BE trumps the a73 is in amount of tips and a slightly better fit IMHO
Hm well i was going to get the gr07 be to upgrade from my vsd3s. How does the a73 compare to the vsd3s?

Jul 9, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #282 of 1,164
Hm well i was going to get the gr07 be to upgrade from my vsd3s. How does the a73 compare to the vsd3s?
I haven't listened to this in a looooooong time. I can do an a-b compare later and get back to you.

From what I remember of the vsd3s it sounded very good and had some great midrange but there was something about the bass and treble that sounded unnatural to me

Jul 9, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #285 of 1,164
curious if anyone has a comparison with the RHA MA750(i)...looking to get my first hybrid IEM and the MA750 is my current go to from my collection.

searched and didn't find anything - thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back