Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Jul 6, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #241 of 1,164
So I have still been obsessively tweaking and playing with A73 and its time to shout Eureka !

Changed tips to my ignored MEELEC tall single flange silicon tips and oh my god what an outcome.

I have managed to get the best seal to date and the sub bass levels listening to Drake's Take Care & Nelly Furtado's Loose are going through the roof without any noticeable loss to micro detail. You can hear visceral sub bass rumbles that I thought this iem wasn't capable of producing.

Last time I heard such great bass with these tracks was with my Kef Ref. Monitor speakers running along with a REL Sub. Just Incredible. Leaning towards bass head.

I'm using i6 with Neutron Player app & 320kbs tracks.

If someone has these tips and wants to give them a shot let me know and I can give some hints to optimise fitting.
How shallow/deep you fit the tip onto driver will have direct affect on sub bass v clarity.

*EDITED* Tips are MEELEC Extra Long single flange and not Sennheiser as originally described.
In this pack far back furtherest back Center right.

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_M11_Earphones_p/tipset10-m11-bk-mee.htm

Jul 6, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #242 of 1,164
So I have still been obsessively tweaking and playing with A73 and its time to shout Eureka !

Changed tips to my ignored Sennheiser ie7 tall single flange silicon tips and oh my god what an outcome.

I have managed to get the best seal to date and the sub bass levels listening to Drake's Take Care & Nelly Furtado's Loose are going through the roof without any noticeable loss to micro detail. You can hear visceral sub bass rumbles that I thought this iem wasn't capable of producing.

Last time I heard such great bass with these tracks was with my Kef Ref. Monitor speakers running along with a REL Sub. Just Incredible. Leaning towards bass head.

If someone has these tips and wants to give them a shot let me know and I can give some hints to optimise fitting.
How shallow/deep you fit the tip onto driver will have direct affect on sub bass v clarity.

Got any pics?

Jul 7, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #243 of 1,164
@DJScope

Shame they removed the memory cable and on top didn't bother including a chin slider. I'm fortunate to have found ear hooks with my packaging even though I'm not really keen to use them.
Something went wrong at Fidue.

I'm hoping there is some kind of DIY after market solution to wrap around the cable and give it memory.

I'm wondering if in house DIY guru @james444 has ideas for after market solution.

I'm not keen on using ear hooks either. If the chin slider's missing, I usually just make a DIY one from the twist tie that comes with most earphones. A reasonably tight chin slider is sufficient for me to make the cable stay over-ear. 

Jul 7, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #244 of 1,164

Changed tips to my ignored Sennheiser ie7 tall single flange silicon tips and oh my god what an outcome.

Got any pics?

Yes please post a pic, i have been playing around some tips but haven't got that perfect one yet.

Been playing around Neutron Player and it's just crazy good. Was planning to buy a DAP to upgrade my Cowon S9 but i'll hold it off for a moment.

Also, can you post your Neutron settings that you're using?

Jul 7, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #245 of 1,164
james444 thanks for trying to help out.nI've given in to using the hooks for now. The ones provided are quite small profile and made of soft silicon material so not too bad.
I'm wondering if you will be trying out the A73's..

arijitroy02 Pretty much box standard settings on Neutron player. After just about adjusting and playing with everything over the year it's back to pretty much default.
I don't use crossfeed or dither or Equ. 64bit enabled. Resampling Audiophile.

DJScope Photos attached. One photo shows tip inverted so that you can see how I have cut and used tubing from old Sony tips (green) underneath the MEELEC one.
This gives a firmer fit and allows movement for fitting the Meelec tip shallow or deep.

Jul 7, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #246 of 1,164
james444 thanks for trying to help out.nI've given in to using the hooks for now. The ones provided are quite small profile and made of soft silicon material so not too bad.
I'm wondering if you will be trying out the A73's..

arijitroy02 Pretty much box standard settings on Neutron player. After just about adjusting and playing with everything over the year it's back to pretty much default.
I don't use crossfeed or dither or Equ. 64bit enabled. Resampling Audiophile.

DJScope Photos attached. One photo shows tip inverted so that you can see how I have cut and used tubing from old Sony tips (green) underneath the sennheiser one.
This gives a firmer fit and allows movement for fitting the sennheiser tip shallow or deep.

Interesting. I've never seen tips like these.

Jul 7, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #247 of 1,164
Interesting. I've never seen tips like these.

Yes they are quite strange.
They are tall and made of very soft silicon with a fairly large bore - possibly same if not bigger than the double flange A73 ones.
I'm now wondering if these are Meelec single flange tips and got confused in thinking they are sennheiser ones as they were in wrong box.

** EDIT**

The tips are MEELEC Extra Long Single Flange and not Sennheiser - sorry.

Can be seen in this pack in the back of the photo. Furtherest back Center right.

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_M11_Earphones_p/tipset10-m11-bk-mee.htm

Jul 7, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #249 of 1,164
Now and than I have to reseat the phones to get the perfect seal and when I do they sound like full speakers - Open transparent and full sounding with thick rich bass.
It's been a long while since I have listened to so much music in a short period. I have been going through everything from The Temptations, MJ, Prince, Dire Straits, Keane, Immortal Techique, Sade, Trance, pop 80s/90s...
All are joy to listen to again. And best of all the louder I go the better the sound gets whilst remaining fatigue free :)

Having found the right combination of tips and Source player, :)I'm very happy and know that I will not be shopping until at least A74 ( fingers Xrossed).

Jul 7, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #250 of 1,164
what is the correct size of the comply tips for the a73? they are not yet in the comply tip finder

I read 500 here but 200 in a review.. 

also, how do these a73 compare to the DN-1000?

Jul 7, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #251 of 1,164
I hear this is where all the cool kids are these days?

I'll be taking A73 for a test drive soon.

Better be worth the hype guys, don't let me down!
wink.gif

Fashionably late to the party? 
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #252 of 1,164
  what is the correct size of the comply tips for the a73? they are not yet in the comply tip finder

I read 500 here but 200 in a review.. 

also, how do these a73 compare to the DN-1000?

Read this review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a73-hybrid-monitor-earphones-with-universal-single-button-remote-and-microphone/reviews/13260

Jul 8, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #253 of 1,164
I hear this is where all the cool kids are these days?

I'll be taking A73 for a test drive soon.

Better be worth the hype guys, don't let me down!
wink.gif

You thought Fidue was cool way before the cool kids joined in, UncleH20
rolleyes.gif

The A73 landed up at my doorstep yesterday. It's a very good IEM. Different from the Titan 1. First words that popped in my head was "safer signature".
Only have an hour or so on them so far, so I'll save my first impressions for later.

You and I had similar impressions of the Titan 1. Looking forward to your dissection of Fidue's new hybrid.

Jul 8, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #254 of 1,164

Yes they are quite strange.

They are tall and made of very soft silicon with a fairly large bore - possibly same if not bigger than the double flange A73 ones.

I'm now wondering if these are Meelec single flange tips and got confused in thinking they are sennheiser ones as they were in wrong box.

** EDIT**

The tips are MEELEC Extra Long Single Flange and not Sennheiser - sorry.

Can be seen in this pack in the back of the photo. Furtherest back Center right.

Ok so changed the tips to the one you are using, almost similar...was using on my Pistons before. The treble now is little bright, but the bass has become tight and mids have come out too.

Disabled all the extra settings in Neutron except 64-bit and audiophile..sounds pretty good on my OnePlus One.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back