Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Aug 13, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #676 of 1,164
  Glad I got to review the A73. The hype is real.
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a73-hybrid-monitor-earphones-with-universal-single-button-remote-and-microphone/reviews/13741

Great review! awesome to see another review in favour of a73s.

Did you encounter any sibilance on rare occasions?Except for DJScope I haven't encountered any other reviewer mentioning the occasional sibilance with some tracks..

It is also conspicuous that you hear edginess in vocals.It would be great if you can share the tracks in which you hear the edginess in female vocals

Absolutely agree with your observations on the mids...bam!

Did you get a chance to use a73's with tips other than stock ones?

I prefer this eq to treble booster with meelec tips

I used meelec tips on Sony xba-a2 and sound is also more spacious and more detail.

I changed the gain at 10kHz to -1.0 dB, a 1.5 db boost at 3kHz(in foobar tho) does the trick for me with meelec tips..

Aug 13, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #679 of 1,164
doesn't anyone else think it's ridiculous that a 150 dollar pair of IEMs apparently aren't that great without trying 10 other tips that suit you? You'd think for 150 the supplied ones would work great... they do on the vsd3s

Aug 13, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #680 of 1,164
doesn't anyone else think it's ridiculous that a 150 dollar pair of IEMs apparently aren't that great without trying 10 other tips that suit you? You'd think for 150 the supplied ones would work great... they do on the vsd3s

Once the tip is sorted out the $150 IEM sounds like $250+ to me.
It's still worth it in the end. :D

Aug 13, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #681 of 1,164
Once the tip is sorted out the $150 IEM sounds like $250+ to me.
It's still worth it in the end.
biggrin.gif

How do you know? Have you tried any $250+ IEM already?
wink.gif

Aug 13, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #684 of 1,164

Not at all. Different people have different shape ears so they would prefer different tips. I always default to the same 2 types of tips every time, because they work for me. They are the small Sony Hybrids and coincidentally the Fidue dual flange, which I've had for quite a long time since I had the Fidue A71.

Aug 13, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #685 of 1,164
The A73 sounds fine with stock tips.

The reason tip rolling is mentioned so much on this thread is because unlike most other IEMs, the A73 sound can be manipulated and changed (sometimes significantly) by using different tips. Varying the tips size, width and depth alters the way the A73 sounds. The Fidue A83 is the same way.

I think it's because of the way the armature is mounted in the hozzle.

Aug 13, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #686 of 1,164
fair enough, but all this talk of changing the tips to get a seal is the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on these

Aug 13, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #687 of 1,164
  fair enough, but all this talk of changing the tips to get a seal is the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on these

Like I said before. It's because people have different size ear channels. Im sure if you've got tips from another pair of IEMs that work for you, them you can just use them with the A73s.

Aug 14, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #688 of 1,164

I just use the standard large size silicone tips that come with the A73, I get a good seal and a comfortable fit and the sound is amazing

Aug 14, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #689 of 1,164

To be honest, you should be seeing this as a plus. It isn't necessarily about "getting a seal". The stock tips seal just fine.

I think you really need to try them to get an understanding why people tip roll with them.

I really do like it because I can make the A73 go from warm, bassy and smooth with my spiral dot tips, to V-shaped with a narrower bore tip like a sony hybrid. With a longer tip that has a wider bore is where I found a sweet spot with the A73.

Aug 14, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #690 of 1,164
So which tips have you stuck with ? Philips ?

I'm using the stock silicon tips on my personal unit (large) - they're working perfectly for me.

With Hum Pervasion DAP which is quite dynamic and pretty good at extracting detail from most IEMs I try.

Btw Archy, DJScope now has my Trinity Delta on loan, so the comparison I promised will need to wait. (unless he wants to say some thoughts)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back