Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Aug 9, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #646 of 1,164
Trinity Delta vs Fidue A73 comparison.

Thank you for taking the time to put this much needed comparison together. Seems like Fidue A73 sound signature will suit me better.
Surprised you have chosen the silver filter tho (the most v-shaped as far as i know). Do you like it the most and what about the gun metal filter, which is said to be the smooth one?

Aug 9, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #647 of 1,164
Thank you for taking the time to put this much needed comparison together. Seems like Fidue A73 sound signature will suit me better.
Surprised you have chosen the silver filter tho (the most v-shaped as far as i know). Do you like it the most and what about the gun metal filter, which is said to be the smooth one?

To be honest, the IEMs in my signature are what I use most.

Anything else is scattered around our rather unorganised house atm. Delta was summoned for a comparison and not used much overall. This doesn't mean Delta is bad just not on my top shelf when I have higher tier gear. I think all the filters offer something unique, silver was used to give the best relevance. In saying this, I have my own A73 coming soon (which I had not made public yet) and I do intend on keeping it along-side IEMs in my signature. 

Aug 9, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #648 of 1,164
H20Fidelity great write up. Confirmed to me A73 is closer to my liking. Any chance you can do quick compare vs delta on gunmetal ?

I love the ASG sound too. Have you tried ASG plus ?

nekromantik that's a shame.
Did you cut a stem from another pair of tips and place that under the Meelec ?

You could also try another mod.
Put a small sized tip backwards onto the iem. I.e first slide the ear side so that stem is pointing out.
Than fit Meelec over this stem the right way.
Get the Meelec flange to go over the smaller tip.
This will make a firmer fit. Does change the sound compared to using the Meelec alone. Worth a shot.
Worst case if they still no good to you maybe you can pass onto Djscope, Hisoundfi or h20fidelity

[@]xoriac[/@]
Don't give up so soon. Try wide bore tips such as the Philips one that H20fidelity pictured earlier.

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #649 of 1,164
@H20Fidelity great write up. Confirmed to me A73 is closer to my liking. Any chance you can do quick compare vs delta on gunmetal ?

@nekromantik that's a shame.
Did you cut a stem from another pair of tips and place that under the Meelec ?

You could also try another mod.
Put a small sized tip backwards onto the iem. I.e first slide the ear side so that stem is pointing out.
Than fit Meelec over this stem the right way.
Get the Meelec flange to go over the smaller tip.
This will make a firmer fit. Does change the sound compared to using the Meelec alone. Worth a shot.
Worst case if they still no good to you maybe you can pass onto Djscope, Hisoundfi or h20fidelity

@xoriac
Don't give up so soon. Try wide bore tips such as the Philips one that H20fidelity pictured earlier.

Will try that thanks.
Not sure if I can sell them as probably wont get most of the price paid back. 

Aug 10, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #650 of 1,164
I think the treble is settled. its improving. they are sounding lush. the soundstage is breathtakingly awesome
As a matter of fact, I am planning to upgrade already lol. SE 846 most prolly.
would there be a massive improvement? say in soundstage?
the soundstage on the A73 is huge already. I can't imagine it getting better.

Aug 10, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #651 of 1,164
I think the treble is settled. its improving. they are sounding lush. the soundstage is breathtakingly awesome
As a matter of fact, I am planning to upgrade already lol. SE 846 most prolly.
would there be a massive improvement? say in soundstage?
the soundstage on the A73 is huge already. I can't imagine it getting better.

I'd say the Dita Answer might be your logical upgrade, with that need for expansive soundstage, and I think even less expensive that the Shure's??

Aug 10, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #652 of 1,164
How does the A73 compare to the dunu dn 1k and the A83. I was thinking about picking up the A73 or the A83 for home and outside use

Aug 10, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #653 of 1,164
For those of you using an iPhone 6 and using the native player and EQ, after extensive EQ rolling, I found the best EQ setting with the A73 is "Treble Booster". It removes the mid bass hump, and brings up the details, without really getting sibilant or bright/peaky. Very enjoyable listen.

Thanks for this. + 1.  I agree with you its very enjoyable. I was surprised because I thought the EQ "Treble Booster" would take them into the bright/sibilant territory...but no, hands off to Fidue that BA/DD drivers handle the treble boost so well... all Iphone 6  owners should try the EQ "Treble Booster"!

Aug 10, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #654 of 1,164
@H20Fidelity great write up. Confirmed to me A73 is closer to my liking. Any chance you can do quick compare vs delta on gunmetal ?

I will do this for you Archy, over the next couple of days. 

I have not heard ASG- 1Plus.

Aug 10, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #655 of 1,164
For those of you using an iPhone 6 and using the native player and EQ, after extensive EQ rolling, I found the best EQ setting with the A73 is "Treble Booster". It removes the mid bass hump, and brings up the details, without really getting sibilant or bright/peaky. Very enjoyable listen.

Or you can buy the Neutron App that will give you audiophile grade playback. 64bit processing, Equ, surround affect etc.
Quality of playback vs iPhone players is clear as day and night. Bonus you can play FLAC files and stream music from a DLNA server. Downside is its quirky interface.

Aug 10, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #656 of 1,164
Or you can buy the Neutron App that will give you audiophile grade playback. 64bit processing, Equ, surround affect etc.
Quality of playback vs iPhone players is clear as day and night. Bonus you can play FLAC files and stream music from a DLNA server. Downside is its quirky interface.

I have it. Works great, but I don't like messing with the EQ with it, since I have to change it from earphone to earphone, and when I'm mega lazy, I just plug the a73 right into my iPhone with iPod app, and away I go! But yeah, Neutron is snazzy.

Aug 10, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #657 of 1,164
I have it. Works great, but I don't like messing with the EQ with it, since I have to change it from earphone to earphone, and when I'm mega lazy, I just plug the a73 right into my iPhone with iPod app, and away I go! But yeah, Neutron is snazzy.

If you can be happy with one iPhone Equ setting for all your iems, than why not do same with a single custom Equ in Neutron ?

Neutron player has recently added custom Equ presets in case you wasn't aware.

For me it's the interface that sometimes puts me off using it. If I want a quick background listening session than its standard app. But if I'm the mood for real enjoyment or more critical listening than it's Neutron.

BTW if your phone is jailbroken try EqualizerEverywhere. I don't use the Neutron Equ.
Name explains it all.

Aug 10, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #659 of 1,164

So i made a chin slider for my A73 :)  The tubing i used is IV tubing, it is 1/16th of an inch thick and the inner diameter is around 1/8th" wide (just enough for the cables to pass thru.
I sliced (used canvas pliers to firmly hold the tube safely) the tubing lengthwise and it is firm enough to hold in place without being too flimsy to come loose due to the thickness of the tubing 
cool.gif

I cut the tubing at 1/2" length to make sure it was long enough to also not be flimsy. 
The "grabbiness" of the cables work to an advantage here as to grab the tube but still afford slide, i'll see how it holds up but the good thing is it took me a minute to make and i am now at least happy that my cables won't pop off my ears...I tried to use the ear guides but gave up on them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back