Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Aug 8, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #633 of 1,164
that's unfortunate to hear that multiple people are having to use the hooks and find new tips. 

Aug 9, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #634 of 1,164
A73 owners - Have you heard anything that sounds particularly outstanding on the A73 ?

Let me know what you are enjoying at the moment with your A73.

I have been enjoying the Buckingham/Nicks LP i ripped from Vinyl, good old 70's warmth, fat Bass, great harmonies and Guitar work by Lindsey Buckingham is outstanding , it's basically the Template for the first two Fleetwood Mac Records with them, they had that sound already worked out before they joined :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsiEV3il3iA

Especially Don't Let Me Down Again... :)

Though my rip is higher quality than this Youtube it's still pretty awesome, running this link thru my AK120 DAC and this Youtube link sounds a lil nicer :) than straight out of the macbook pro...

Aug 9, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #635 of 1,164
DWeaver might want to avoid all VSonic products ever, because those are the true kings of ssssibilance. Sorry the A73 didn't work out for you. Better luck next time.

Hmm, not all....VSD1LE,GR06,GR99 and AN16 are non-sibilance, while their TWFK based GR01 and VC1000 are less sibilance prone like VC02 and VSD1S compared to GR07s.

Aug 9, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #636 of 1,164
Hmm, not all....VSD1LE,GR06,GR99 and AN16 are non-sibilance, while their TWFK based GR01 and VC1000 are less sibilance prone like VC02 and VSD1S compared to GR07s.

You are right in that aspect. I've owned the vsd1 and GR99, and neither was sibilant, but then again, neither was that good, even for the price. Never tried the BA phones they have, just the dynamics.

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #637 of 1,164
I got the A73. I find them bright, bassy with a huge airy soundstage. I don't find them lush. My DT 150s are lush and smooth. Have I gotten a defective pair? I am driving them with the xDuoo X2 player as someone here said its a match made in heaven. I am not satisfied with them.
I loved the airy soundstage, and the imaging is superb, but that's all. I find the bass big and a bit boomy. The treble is not entirely smooth either. 

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #638 of 1,164
  I got the A73. I find them bright, bassy with a huge airy soundstage. I don't find them lush. My DT 150s are lush and smooth. Have I gotten a defective pair? I am driving them with the xDuoo X2 player as someone here said its a match made in heaven. I am not satisfied with them.
I loved the airy soundstage, and the imaging is superb, but that's all. I find the bass big and a bit boomy. The treble is not entirely smooth either. 

How long have you had them for?

Aug 9, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #640 of 1,164
Trinity Delta vs Fidue A73 comparison.

Trinity Delta: (using silver filters)

Brighter, cleaner, vivid, mid-range
More balanced across bass / mids / treble
Thinner note weight
Slightly metallic sheen in upper-mid range and timbre, can sound a tiny bit harsh
More air to the soundstage
Sub-bass focus than mid bass
Treble slightly uncontrolled in comparison

The delta sounds quite clean for its price, with satisfying detail levels, it does tend to push this detail out in the upper mid-range more than evenly across the lower  to upper mids. Good amount of separation, tight bass impact and extension which is more sub-bass focused than A73. For those who like a brighter signature its probably the better option, though keep in mind the detail it tends to push out is quite upper mid-range focused. It lends the brighter tonality to slightly emphasise this, especially with vocals.

Fidue A73:

Warmer, thicker note weight.
Detail retrieval more evenly across lower to upper mid-range, evenly.
Less air to the presentation / soundstage
Stronger separation and refinement in mids to treble
Forward bass, more mid-bass than sub-bass, fills the stage lending weight to the lower mids restricts some air.
Natural timbre for the price

I would lean towards A73 having en edge in detail around the mid-range, it does so without that upper push I mentioned on earlier which sounds more natural to me. However, its a much bassier presentation than Delta with its silver filters, A73 really puts some punch behind the bass which can fill the stage while the mids just push out completely capable detail over the top. A73 treble is more laid back but never completely absent.  Soundstage width on A73 does have an edge over Delta from the test tracks used.

Outcome:

I believe my personal preference being an ASG-2 fan is A73, I can admire the fun presentation while that thick vibrant mid-range pushes through over the top. While A73 isn't the last word on accuracy (probably less than Delta) I do think it's completely what a tuned hybrid in this price range should aim achieve imo. Its right in the shooting range of people who want 1) Forward bass, 1) Clear detailed midrange, 3) Consumer safe treble and because of this should grab a wide audience. Delta is still very good if you prefer a brighter thinner note weight and probably more audiophile orientated, and especially so if you're bothered by some mid-bass emphasis which is present on A73.

Aug 9, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #641 of 1,164

You need to tip roll ASAP, and give the dynamic driver a chance to break in. The treble is not peaky, when you find the right tips. The bass is boomy, but that settles a tad, plus just EQ the bass down a little, find the right tips, and you will get a smooth lush sound.

Aug 9, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #642 of 1,164
For those of you using an iPhone 6 and using the native player and EQ, after extensive EQ rolling, I found the best EQ setting with the A73 is "Treble Booster". It removes the mid bass hump, and brings up the details, without really getting sibilant or bright/peaky. Very enjoyable listen.

Aug 9, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #644 of 1,164
The Mee tips definitely reduce the bass a lot. I used to use the Mee tips with the FX850, and they were excellent for those (messed the timbre a little though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back