Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Jul 18, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #361 of 1,164
How many hours do they need to be burned in for?

I would suggests trying different tips. It can make a huge difference.

Generally wide bore with a good seal. I hear UE600 and spiral dot tips are good.

I use Meelec long single flange tips which make the sound absolutly incredible to my ears. Unfortunately these are no longer sold.

Jul 18, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #363 of 1,164
I wasn't completely blown away by the A73s straight away either. It took some time for my ears to adjust, but when they did, well.. let's just say that the A73s are now my new default listening earphones. 
wink.gif

Jul 18, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #367 of 1,164
I'm using the large stock tips - a very shallow fit but because of the shape of the housing it's a perfect fit in my ears and is very snug without even having to push them in at all. Plenty of bass so there must be a seal, it's just so light I can't feel it.

Jul 19, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #370 of 1,164
They are great for watching movies on my IPhone 6...lovely wide open sound field and when there is a need for deep bass...they deliver with great control as well:smiley:

Are they bassy?

Jul 20, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #373 of 1,164
But bassy in a really good way if you EQ it down just a tad, then so much detail shines through.

Not cup of my tea as I like my bass on MK5 and IM70. If it is bassier than these I can skip.

Jul 20, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #374 of 1,164
I don't find these to be overly bassy. They have a forward bass response but it's not overdone to my ears.

If I had to compare the bass on these to something else I would say it's similar to GR07BE or the Dn1k, if anything maybe a bit less than those two.

These aren't bass cannons by any means.

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #375 of 1,164
I don't find these to be overly bassy. They have a forward bass response but it's not overdone to my ears.

If I had to compare the bass on these to something else I would say it's similar to GR07BE or the Dn1k, if anything maybe a bit less than those two.

These aren't bass cannons by any means.

Could you please compare the sibilance severity of A73 to GR07BE? I'm using GR07mkII and they too much sibilant for me, so I'm looking for something more tolerant to sibilance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back