Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM - impressions and discussion thread
Jun 11, 2015 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

DJScope

Headphoneus Supremus
Just got these beautifully looking IEMs and I absolutely love them! So I thought I'd make an impressions thread for them.

My review of them for those of you who are interested: http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a65-titanium-micro-dynamic-driver-iem/reviews/13473

They're incredibly cheap only going for $65 (Penon Audio price) and they sound surprisingly very pleasing. I've only just got them so I'd like other owner to come along and give me your impressions!

Purchase them here:

Asia: http://penonaudio.com/FIDUE-A65
Australia: http://www.noisymotel.com/product.asp?ProductID=891​

[size=1em]FIDUE A65 titanium Stereo HiFi sound isolating In-Ear Earphones[/size]
Description

1. Micro dynamic drivers with titanium composites provide wide and rich sound reproduction.
  2. Clean, clear, balanced, Hi-Fi sound quality.
  3. Universal microphone compatible for most of the smartphone.
  4. High quality silicone ear tips, reduce 40% outside noise effectively
  5. Textured metal plug, robust construction & easy to pull out or plug in.

Specification

1. Driver Unit: 8mm dynamic Drive with Titanium Composites
  2. Frequency response: 16Hz - 22000 Hz
  3. Rated impedance: 16Ω
  4. Sensitivity: 101db
  5. Distortion: <1%
  6. Max Input Power: 30mW
  7. Plug: 3.5mm mini stereo gold-plated plug
  8. Cable: 1.3m
  9. Sensitivity of Mic: -42+-3db
  10. S/N Ratio of Mic: >55db
Package

1. FIDUE A65 Headphone
  2. Silicone eartips (S/M/L)

3. Double flange silicone eartips
  4. High quality  pouch

Update 13/11/2015

Tyll from InnerFidelity has measure the Fidue A65 and they measure VERY well indeed!

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/FidueA65.pdf

Jun 11, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #2 of 62
SUBBED!! have been waiting for impressions on these for quite a while now. :D Btw, could you describe how they sound?

Jun 11, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #4 of 62
SUBBED!! have been waiting for impressions on these for quite a while now.
biggrin.gif
Btw, could you describe how they sound?

The A65 is absolutely stunning for the $60 price range. Great balanced sound, very good detailed and articulate signature. They're not for bass heads, but the bass is great when needed. A very good all rounder.

Jun 11, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #5 of 62
Interested to see comparison to RE-400 (waterline) being titanium drivers,bass lite and $14 less (current rrp re400 price of $79).....
tongue.gif

Jun 12, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #6 of 62

The A65 is absolutely stunning for the $60 price range. Great balanced sound, very good detailed and articulate signature. They're not for bass heads, but the bass is great when needed. A very good all rounder.

Are they warm sounding and how is the treble... I am a little treble sensitive!

Jun 12, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #7 of 62
  Are they warm sounding and how is the treble... I am a little treble sensitive!

They are indeed warm, bass is deep and fast. Treble is smooth and laid back, maybe a little dry in the lower treble. Soundstage width is average but the stereo imaging is great and has very good placement. Not as good as the Titans though. 
There is absolutely no sibilance here. So would be great for those sensitive to hot treble. 

Jun 12, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #8 of 62

They are indeed warm, bass is deep and fast. Treble is smooth and laid back, maybe a little dry in the lower treble. Soundstage width is average but the stereo imaging is great and has very good placement. Not as good as the Titans though. 
There is absolutely no sibilance here. So would be great for those sensitive to hot treble. 

Thanks that's wanted I wanted to hear. I had the Titans but due to there low sensitivity I could not drive them via my Iphone 6.  The sensitivity on the A65 seems good. Are they easy to drive ?

Jun 12, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #9 of 62

Thanks that's wanted I wanted to hear. I had the Titans but due to there low sensitivity I could not drive them via my Iphone 6.  The sensitivity on the A65 seems good. Are they easy to drive ?

They are about the same as the Titans to drive, maybe just a tiny bit more efficient.

Jun 12, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #10 of 62

They are about the same as the Titans to drive, maybe just a tiny bit more efficient.

Ok, I see that from your review of the A73 that it is a lot easier to drive than the Titan.. may have to break the "piggy bank" now...

Being able to get a decent volume level from my iphone (also need a IEM with a mic) is a deal breaker for me at the moment.

Thanks for the review and your thoughts, much appreciated.

Jun 12, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #11 of 62

Ok, I see that from your review of the A73 that it is a lot easier to drive than the Titan.. may have to break the "piggy bank" now...

Being able to get a decent volume level from my iphone (also need a IEM with a mic) is a deal breaker for me at the moment.

Thanks for the review and your thoughts, much appreciated.

No a problem at all, mate! It's freaky how efficient the A73 is, just make sure whatever you have driving them has a very low output impedance.

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #12 of 62

Buddy, any idea how these sound compared to A63? actually, ive won an ebay auction for new A63 for Just $33. Dunno if i should buy them or not.

Jun 15, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #13 of 62

Buddy, any idea how these sound compared to A63? actually, ive won an ebay auction for new A63 for Just $33. Dunno if i should buy them or not.

Can't say. I've not heard the A63 before.

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #14 of 62

They should sound identical or similar. The A63 / A65 are almost the same internally. Have had them both for a while but haven't had a chance to do a proper listening comparison between the two.

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #15 of 62

They should sound identical or similar. The A63 / A65 are almost the same internally. Have had them both for a while but haven't had a chance to do a proper listening comparison between the two.

thanks buddy. One more thing, i already own a KC06A. Now do you think it would be worth buying the A63 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back