Few questions on Beyerdynamic Dt 770 pro-80s
Sep 20, 2011 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bobpaynus

New Head-Fier
I'm new here and have done some researching. I'm very interested in getting some 770s and have a couple questions.

Ive heard the bass is too over powering for the mids and treble, what is your opinion? Will just playing them unamped through my computer be enough to power them well? Thanks!!

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #3 of 8
I don't think the bass is overpowering but thats just me. The mids are a little bit recessed but the clarity and detail are pretty good. The tremble was a little harsh at first, but after the burn in, it sounds a lot better. Either that or I just got used to the highs. I currently play them unamped through a mbp and it sounds just fine. However, a lot of members say amping the DT 770s make a world of difference, so in the future you should invest in one. I'm most likely going to get the JDS Labs CMoyBB soon. 

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #4 of 8
Oh ok thanks, I forgot to mention My favorite kinds of music are mostly House, Trance, various other electronica sub genres, Classical, and some Soft rock and rap on rainy days haha. I don't know if this helps just thought i would let you all know.

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
Oh ok thanks, I forgot to mention My favorite kinds of music are mostly House, Trance, various other electronica sub genres, Classical, and some Soft rock and rap on rainy days haha. I don't know if this helps just thought i would let you all know.

The DT770 is excellent with those.

You will be starting off on the right foot.

Go for it.

Very best,

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #7 of 8
I have the DT770PRO-80 and Headroom's micro stack.

They sound very good without the dac/amp, however they definitely sound better with the amp.

The 32 ohm version should be even easier to drive without an amp than the 80, but you'll be sacrificing bass from my understanding.

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #8 of 8
Edit: Looking at the specs of the 32 Ohm version, the low sensitivity will probably make it harder to drive than the 80s. Still might work without an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back