Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jun 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #3,466 of 6,413
does anyone have the revision 1.3 yet?

Is there any treble improvement there? I've got the 1.2, haven't been using them too much as of late - every time i listen to my EDC pocket headphones, going back to the ASG-1 makes the highs seem super withdrawn and takes another hour or two to get used to again.

Jun 4, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #3,467 of 6,413
Quote:
I got my ASG-2 black rodium today and I am really happy .These are the ones from the Aurisonis contest and I am reallly greatfull to have them .

They sound great and I can't wait to try them live . They are very detailed and the bass response is really good . You can hear the air inside the bass drum .

It has the same price as Stealth, doesn't it?

Jun 4, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #3,468 of 6,413
Quote:
does anyone have the revision 1.3 yet?

Is there any treble improvement there? I've got the 1.2, haven't been using them too much as of late - every time i listen to my EDC pocket headphones, going back to the ASG-1 makes the highs seem super withdrawn and takes another hour or two to get used to again.

Yeah, a few people do, myself included. From what I've read the treble is improved, but they are still rolled off. I don't feel the need to EQ, but I would like more sparkle, which is why I'll be upgrading to the ASG-2s soon, if I can the Stealth black finish. Though honestly my Arrow 4G with it's treble boost on 1 really helps with the laid back treble giving it enough sparkle without it becoming sharp or too forward, and it still retains its smoothness. It still isn't enough for everything though, and the setting 2 pushes it forward too much in an unideal way. 

But in short, yes, the treble is improved in the ASG-1.3. But I'm not sure if it will be enough for your tastes since it still has severe roll-off. It just isn't as pronounced as the 1.2s it seems.

Jun 5, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #3,470 of 6,413
finally received my black rhodium AS-2 with ambient and bass ports! Initial impression is the bass is a tad bit overbearing, these babies has the rumble and oomph in the bass portion. even though I'm a bass head having used the IE8, futuresonics atrios v1 & v2 versions, UE TF10, hd25-2, AS-1B and momentum in the past. still trying to get as much burn in as I can get with these before I can give any formal conclusion. So far I'm loving these even with the tad overbearing in bass as compared to the AS-1B where sometimes I wished there was slightly more bass.  
size]

Jun 5, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #3,471 of 6,413
Quote:

Yeah, a few people do, myself included. From what I've read the treble is improved, but they are still rolled off. I don't feel the need to EQ, but I would like more sparkle, which is why I'll be upgrading to the ASG-2s soon, if I can the Stealth black finish. Though honestly my Arrow 4G with it's treble boost on 1 really helps with the laid back treble giving it enough sparkle without it becoming sharp or too forward, and it still retains its smoothness. It still isn't enough for everything though, and the setting 2 pushes it forward too much in an unideal way. 

But in short, yes, the treble is improved in the ASG-1.3. But I'm not sure if it will be enough for your tastes since it still has severe roll-off. It just isn't as pronounced as the 1.2s it seems.

Ah, so the new driver has similar characteristics as the 1.2 version then?  Darn

Jun 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #3,472 of 6,413
Quote:

I have ASG-1s which is said to be similar to ASG-1.3. I didn't have chance to compare them with 1.2 but they are dark for me really. They are very different from any headphones I own. The good thing is they are not fatiguing at all and I will get used to it's dark sound after minutes.

Jun 5, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #3,473 of 6,413
Quote:
I have ASG-1s which is said to be similar to ASG-1.3. I didn't have chance to compare them with 1.2 but they are dark for me really. They are very different from any headphones I own. The good thing is they are not fatiguing at all and I will get used to it's dark sound after minutes.

Do they have our old logo on them and come in a leather type presentation box or the new logo and a black hard case? If they have our old logo and the leather style box then they are ASG-1S Rev 1.2 and would have a darker but mid forward signature. New Rev 1.3 version sounds a lot like the Rev 1.3 normal ASG-1 just a bit more refined and much better to look at as well.

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #3,474 of 6,413
Quote:
Do they have our old logo on them and come in a leather type presentation box or the new logo and a black hard case? If they have our old logo and the leather style box then they are ASG-1S Rev 1.2 and would have a darker but mid forward signature. New Rev 1.3 version sounds a lot like the Rev 1.3 normal ASG-1 just a bit more refined and much better to look at as well.

So the 1.3 sound signature is described as bellow?

Quote:

I suppose it's safe to assume that it's no substitute for the ASG-2 as far as treble presence is concerned, with respect to the 1.2?

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #3,475 of 6,413
Quote:

I suppose it's safe to assume that it's no substitute for the ASG-2 as far as treble presence is concerned, with respect to the 1.2?

Well, EQ can be an option. Here is the preset that I enjoyed on the ASG-1.2:

​

​

Below is the EQ is use on the Equalizer app for iPhone. As a matter of fact, it's just the "Treble Booster" preset. Though, this is my favorite EQ setting: +2.0 dB. 5000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 8000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 12000 Hz : +5.0 dB 16000 Hz : +5.5 dB.

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #3,476 of 6,413
Yeah, I've already been through half a dozen EQs. I couldn't be happy with an EQ, partially because there was no end to the fiddling, and it was always at a cost of some other aspect of the sound.

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #3,477 of 6,413
Quote:
Yeah, I've already been through half a dozen EQs. I couldn't be happy with an EQ, partially because there was no end to the fiddling, and it was always at a cost of some other aspect of the sound.

Hm. Well I guess you could wait for a meet to come around in your area and hope Dale and co will be in attendance, so you can hear the G2 for yourself and see if the $300 upgrade cost will be worth it for you.

I personally think it is, but I can't project my values on you.

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #3,478 of 6,413
Quote:

Hm. Well I guess you could wait for a meet to come around in your area and hope Dale and co will be in attendance, so you can hear the G2 for yourself and see if the $300 upgrade cost will be worth it for you.

I personally think it is, but I can't project my values on you.

Unfortunately, I think the special upgrade price is only until sometime in August if I'm not mistaken. Kind of narrows the window.
frown.gif

How do you like that Equalizer app btw?

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #3,479 of 6,413
Quote:

Unfortunately, I think the special upgrade price is only until sometime in August if I'm not mistaken. Kind of narrows the window.
frown.gif

How do you like that Equalizer app btw?

Oh I forgot it was temporary.

I like it. It's effective and more useful than any other one on the app store. It's resource intensive though, and slowed down my iP4 when it was in use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back