Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Mar 21, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #2,851 of 6,413
That's a shame, the Stealth Defenders are really great. Which filters you order and what are you using them for?
Quote:
Some updates, 

The lows for the AS-2 are excellent, different tones of bass can be heard easily.
Even with the tweeters the Highs are not smack dead in your face.
Volume is so high you don't need to actually turn it up more than 20/100 for me.

Will snap some pictures later in the day :D

Don't think I'll be able to give impressions on the Stealth defenders that I've got though because Andy forgot to pack the filters into my order so they're unusable :frowning2:

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #2,853 of 6,413
I assume you got the 15 db ones then. (or was it 18db? I can never remember when their is so little documentation. But they are great. I was at an Excision concert last weekend and in a closed environment I never felt uncomfortable and no one noticed I was wearing a thing. 
Quote:
I got them to use during drumming sessions and when I go to livehouses :/ Too bad I won't get to use them this time.

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #2,855 of 6,413
Indeed, that is an issue. Where will you be? They're really small, maybe Aurisonics can ship them to your location.
Quote:
Problem is now I'll be stuck without it for 3 weeks of pretty much nonstop lives and concerts :S

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #2,857 of 6,413
In all honesty, I am very disappointed with Aurisonics.   I am a business owner and would not take orders for a product before I actually had it or had to ability to make it or have it within a month.   I got the "sale" price in December and got my impressions in the first week of January.   Almost 3 months is a very long time.

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #2,858 of 6,413
Quote:
In all honesty, I am very disappointed with Aurisonics.   I am a business owner and would not take orders for a product before I actually had it or had to ability to make it or have it within a month.   I got the "sale" price in December and got my impressions in the first week of January.   Almost 3 months is a very long time, in fact I feel that it is unreasonable, unprofessional, inconsiderate and ridiculus.   I can understand needing the money ahead of time, but not having the product before offering a sale is in my opinion very poor business practice.    I am not asking for any Headfi spokesman, or Kenman(appreciate your updates, etc.) to respond to this or come to "their defense".   I would like Aurisonics to know that I am very close to reporting you to the Better Business Bureau in your city.  

I'll try and not be too much of a spokesman. I totally understand what you're saying, the sale day was actually a "pre-sale" though, so keep that in mind that you had at least a month where it wasn't even a chance of you getting it. 

None of us have any understanding of the day to day operations of Aurisonics and how many orders they can handle at one time. The sale day and launch of the ASG-2 have obviously put a lot of stress on their entire production line. I don't think Aurisonics had these types of delays in mind when they decided to wait months to announce a sale day after teasing it last spring/summer. 

It is totally understandable you are annoyed with the delays. If you read over some recent posts from people that got their Aurisonics gear, they seem to be reporting about it a few days after they get it. Things being quite does not mean things aren't going out to consumers. 

That's about it for me, I deleted a lot of what I was gonna say as it really added nothing. I love my Aurisonics gear but I didn't have to deal with these waits and it's understandable that you feel annoyed. Hopefully Aurisonics will respond with some sort of information for those that are waiting for their gear. 

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #2,859 of 6,413
Quote:
what are the stealth defenders you guys are referring to?

Sorry for the double post, kinda needed. I wanna keep things separate. 

So, Stealth-Defenders.......why not show you.....

Case: top and bottom screw off with a O-Ring on there so it's waterproof

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #2,860 of 6,413
Quote:
Some updates, 

The lows for the AS-2 are excellent, different tones of bass can be heard easily.
Even with the tweeters the Highs are not smack dead in your face.
Volume is so high you don't need to actually turn it up more than 20/100 for me.

Will snap some pictures later in the day :D

Don't think I'll be able to give impressions on the Stealth defenders that I've got though because Andy forgot to pack the filters into my order so they're unusable :frowning2:

I believe Andy has the filters ready now to mail for your SD's.

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #2,861 of 6,413
I think aurisonics is doing their best with the situation. Time is being spent to better the product and I am ok with the wait. Sure, I would love to have these in my ears right now but they will be here when they are done. I think there are a few companies that are fabricating and are all part of the chain here. I am eagerly awaiting and thanks Dale. I know these (asg-2) will be the best in-ears I've ever owned.

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #2,862 of 6,413
Quote:
In all honesty, I am very disappointed with Aurisonics....

I totally get this, and I'm sorry for your frustration.

I paid on 'sale day', and they had my impressions a week later -- so it took them almost 3 months to build my AS-2s and ship them. That was significantly longer than I expected when I ordered.

Do I wish it had been quicker? You bet! Would it have been better for me and them if they'd set my expectations more accurately at the beginning? Of course!

Bottom line though, I love the sound, and I got a great fit, so I ended up happy. 

Mar 22, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #2,863 of 6,413
I think Aurisonics was poised to deliver on time but were thrown off course due to feedback from NAMM. They experienced a number of delays due to their desire to improve the bass port with that new valve solution, a part that has experienced several delays due to suppliers... which isn't something they could have foreseen. It is no doubt frustrating for those waiting on orders, but I do think they wanted to deliver the best product they could, and it's better to deliver it right the first time rather than recall a huge number of phones to install the valve/screw parts. 

Mar 22, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #2,864 of 6,413
Quote:
I think Aurisonics was poised to deliver on time but were thrown off course due to feedback from NAMM. They experienced a number of delays due to their desire to improve the bass port with that new valve solution, a part that has experienced several delays due to suppliers... which isn't something they could have foreseen. It is no doubt frustrating for those waiting on orders, but I do think they wanted to deliver the best product they could, and it's better to deliver it right the first time rather than recall a huge number of phones to install the valve/screw parts. 

+1

Still no fun to wait and wait though. 

Mar 22, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #2,865 of 6,413
Quote:

Didn't Aurisonics post that they received the new valves a couple of weeks ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back